Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 1:33:36 PM EDT
Dominion sues Giuliani for $1.3 BILLION saying he smeared them with election fraud claims then cashed in with his podcast - and they might sue Trump too

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who led the former president's efforts to spread baseless claims about the 2020 election.

The lawsuit seeks more than $1.3 billion in damages for the voting machine company, a target for conservatives who made up wild claims about the company, blaming it for Trump's loss and alleging without evidence that its systems were easily manipulated.

Dominion is one of the nation's largest voting machine companies and provided machines for the state of Georgia, the critical battleground that Biden won and which flipped control of the U.S. Senate.

The company says it faced such a mountain of threats and criticism that one of its top executives went into hiding.

The suit is based on statements Giuliani made on Twitter, in conservative media and during legislative hearings where the former mayor of New York claimed the voting machine company conspired to flip votes to President Joe Biden.

Dominion's lawsuit, filed in federal court in the District of Columbia, is among the first major signs of fallout for the former president's allies and the failed effort to subvert the 2020 election that ended with a Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob that claimed the election had been stolen.

'For Dominion - whose business is producing and providing voting systems for elections - there are no accusations that could do more to damage Dominion´s business or to impugn Dominion´s integrity, ethics, honesty, and financial integrity,' the lawsuit says.

'Giuliani's statements were calculated to - and did in fact - provoke outrage and cause Dominion enormous harm.'

Dominion is suing Rudy Giuliani saying that he smeared their reputation and also used his podcast to cash in on his claims, offering money-off deals on cigars

Supplement push: Dominion also highlighted how Giuliani pushed supplements on his podcast at the same time as he made election fraud claims

But Giuliani issued a statement through WABC, the talk radio station on which he has a show, saying he would fight the suit and suggesting he would use the case to prove election fraud did happen.

'Dominion's defamation lawsuit for $1.3B will allow me to investigate their history, finances, and practices fully and completely,' he said.

Continued
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the danger of defamation suits... people don't think discovery be like it be, but it do
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope they get Bill Kennard’s emails during discovery. He’s on the board of Staple Street Capital that owns Dominion and is a former FCC Chairman for Clinton and Obama’s ambassador to the EU....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the danger of defamation suits... people don't think discovery be like it be, but it do
View Quote
An examination of machines in one county in Michigan already showed fraud. Discovery will allow the sample to be expanded.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
FPNI.

That was my first thought, also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck dominion
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure what ever corrupt judge dominion shopped for, and was granted will totally allow an actual discovery to take place.

ETA: Christ, some of you guys need a reality check.  The rules you are force to play by, are not the same rules they play by.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sure that the courts will be fair and unbiased with this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]
You know who was really great at attacking people this way? Lance Armstrong. Sued everyone. Finally proven to be a scumbag. Every win, turned out to be a fraud.
Same will happen here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing to discover now.

Software can be re-written and covered as "just part of our normal updating process".

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know, but I always thought these kinds of cases was more of a "you made a claim that is contested and potentially caused damages, show your evidence that led to you making the claim on the first place" type of thing rather than a "they have to open up everything to allow you the opportunity to prove your claim after you made that claim since they're the one sueing you" type of thing.

I'm just curious here since I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
You'd have to be delusional to think they don't know what they're doing with these cases, and will expose their own fraud.  LOL

At best this signals that Dominion is quite sure they've covered their tracks and/or nothing will blow back on them.  They clearly think they've got a slam dunk case against Giul. and co...

Seeing how off the rails Giuliani was, they're probably right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
An examination of machines in one county in Michigan already showed fraud. Discovery will allow the sample to be expanded.
View Quote

Yeah, that was a load of crap and if the people that did that "examination" have to testify they'll get torn to pieces.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You'd have to be delusional to think they don't know what they're doing with these cases, and will expose their own fraud.  LOL

At best this signals that Dominion is quite sure they've covered their tracks and/or nothing will blow back on them.  They clearly think they've got a slam dunk case against Giul. and co...

View Quote
Or this is just a face saving stunt. And Dominion does not pursue the case at first pushback.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dominion's complaint addresses Antrim County starting on p.25. This includes addressing Russell Ramsland's examination starting on p.28.

Dominion may be lying about that stuff, but they appear willing to put it in writing in their court filing.

Did Giuliani ever use that forensic analysis as an exhibit in a case, or allege the 68% error rate in a case? Or was that report only ever used as ammo for his media campaign?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Time to put up or pay up, Rudy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Why did they wait till after the election?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

needed time to destroy the evidence
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had to be sure their guy was in charge.  Now that he is, and the rest of the federal government has indicated they will support this fraud, dominion was green lighted to go forward with suing.

They know they'll win because they have the entire executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government backing them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he has affidavits from employees of Dominion stating that they’re cheating the votes, doesn’t that help his case?

If he had a forensics company state that Dominion is intended to cheat the system? Doesn’t that help his case?

He’s acting upon what he is told by expert witnesses.

They’ve looked into 2 machines, both had huge favoring results.
I hope the discovery phase shows a lot!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Will the supreme court hear civil cases?

Not that it probably matters.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will the supreme court hear civil cases?

Not that it probably matters.
View Quote

Sure.  All the time.  But, will Rudy live long enough to get there?  or be able to afford the fight? Or did Rudy say or suggest anything others, like Senator Warren, did not?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am sure that the courts will be fair and unbiased with this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Had to be sure their guy was in charge.  Now that he is, and the rest of the federal government has indicated they will support this fraud, dominion was green lighted to go forward with suing.

They know they'll win because they have the entire executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government backing them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Why don't they just sue him for a kajillion dollars?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Defamation? I think the only one harmed by Giuliani was Trump.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#28]
We'll never know the full truth and the Left will make sure that anyone alleging fraud from now on will be laughed off as a "nutty conspiracy theorist" while they reassure us that elections are 100% secure and accurate as long as the Democrats are winning.

As soon as a Republican wins something, fraud will be the "reason" why.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if Rudy will put the drunk chick on the stand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure.  All the time.  But, will Rudy live long enough to get there?  or be able to afford the fight? Or did Rudy say or suggest anything others, like Senator Warren, did not?
View Quote

Kinda what I’m thinking, did Rudy accuse Dominion of anything that Democrat Congressional members hadn’t already investigated and raised alarm over a year prior to the election?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democratic-senators-warned-of-potential-vote-switching-by-dominion-voting-machines-prior-to-2020-election/ar-BB1aZAYf
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We'll never know the full truth and the Left will make sure that anyone alleging fraud from now on will be laughed off as a "nutty conspiracy theorist" while they reassure us that elections are 100% secure and accurate as long as the Democrats are winning.

As soon as a Republican wins something, fraud will be the "reason" why.
View Quote

Exactly, after their 3 year Russia conspiracy theory investigation without a shred of evidence, they'll now laugh off the election fraud even though there's a mountain of evidence.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Is that 1.3 billion in USD or CCP dollars?  I think dominion is owned by a parent company controlled by CCP.  I read that on the internet so it has to be true.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dominion's complaint addresses Antrim County starting on p.25. This includes addressing Russell Ramsland's examination starting on p.28.

Dominion may be lying about that stuff, but they appear willing to put it in writing in their court filing.

Did Giuliani ever use that forensic analysis as an exhibit in a case, or allege the 68% error rate in a case? Or was that report only ever used as ammo for his media campaign?
View Quote

The trick in this case is to simply "buy the pot". Make the lawsuit simply too expensive for the defendant to fund a defense. I think that's what Dominion will do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure what ever corrupt judge dominion shopped for, and was granted will totally allow an actual discovery to take place.

ETA: Christ, some of you guys need a reality check.  The rules you are force to play by, are not the same rules they play by.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Kinda what I’m thinking, did Rudy accuse Dominion of anything that Democrat Congressional members hadn’t already investigated and raised alarm over a year prior to the election?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democratic-senators-warned-of-potential-vote-switching-by-dominion-voting-machines-prior-to-2020-election/ar-BB1aZAYf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can Rudy tie them into the lawsuit?  That would be glorious.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I think its safe to say Rudy knew this was coming, and perhaps even wanted them to come after him.  Dominion was put in a spot where they had to sue otherwise people would question why.  Now we get to see if the courts will allow for the discovery necessary to uncover their misdeeds or whether they will railroad Rudy into bankruptcy with the help of a corrupt democrat judge.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know, but I always thought these kinds of cases was more of a "you made a claim that is contested and potentially caused damages, show your evidence that led to you making the claim on the first place" type of thing rather than a "they have to open up everything to allow you the opportunity to prove your claim after you made that claim since they're the one sueing you" type of thing.

I'm just curious here since I don't know.
View Quote

As wacky as Lin Wood may seem, he is an undisputed King in the realm of defamation law. He welcomes the lawsuits because he is confident with what they have and what discovery will produce.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. Elizabeth Warren is a POS, but there are some pretty good reasons why Dominion would sue Giuliani and not her, that don't require a conspiracy.

1. The letter does not specifically say that Dominion voting machines did anything wrong. It lists general complaints about voting machines (brand not specified) gathered from various election officials and news reports, and asks each of the 3 investment firms with a stake in each of the 3 major voting machine vendors to address what their company has done to comply with regulations.

2. The issues brought up in the letter are cited from other news sources and statements from election officials. The letter is requesting that the investment firm provide more information in response to those reported issues. The letter is not alleging machines switched votes, it's alleging that somebody else (the cited reference) said some machines (brand not specified) switched votes, and then expressing "concern" about that. In contrast, Giuliani explicitly said that Dominion machines DID flip votes, and even went as far as to claim that they were programmed intentionally to do so. He said the company "developed machines in order to cheat in elections". He made statements to this effect on dozens of occasions: on Twitter, on TV, on his podcast. They are laid out pretty clear-cut in the complaint.

3. The letter did not receive publicity anywhere approaching the level of Giuliani's statements, so the damage to Dominion's reputation was comparatively small. Warren and Klobuchar and their ilk did not continue to crow about voting machines cheating the election after their letter, they did not hold rallies about it, they did not wage a 2 month long media campaign about it. Virtually nobody was aware of or cared about Warren's dumb letter. A huge number of people were aware of and cared very strongly about what Giuliani alleged.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Why couldn't Trump sue for defamation for the whole Russian collusion BS?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#40]
LOL Oooooof, Rudy better quadruple his ads on his videos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not necessarily, they could just believe they have deep enough pockets to keep Rudy in court until he runs out of money....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#42]
He should counter sue. Remember when Simpson was never convicted but the evidence was enough for a jury to hold him liable for the deaths just the same?

ETA: Trump should sue the shit out of Dominion as well. I mean, royally fuck them ip.

ETAx2: What do you think would be the fallout if that happened?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not necessarily, they could just believe they have deep enough pockets to keep Rudy in court until he runs out of money....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a problem being that Rudy, at least on paper, is a lawyer. Even by himself with a Chrome book and a cheap inkjet, if he in fact has evidence he can fight it out.

I really like that Dominion is doing this. Either there is some no shit real evidence, or there is not.  Discovery will be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Now we get to see if the courts will allow for the discovery necessary to uncover their misdeeds or whether they will railroad Rudy into bankruptcy with the help of a corrupt democrat judge.
View Quote

That isn't how any of this works.  The claims, made as fact, have already been made.  Now Giuliani has to prove his statements were factual and show what evidence he already has.  Rudy can't just make a claim and then gets to investigate everything about a company to prove he is right.  Lin Wood and Sidney Powell already said they had mountains of irrefutable proof and Rudy parroted the claims they made.  

Otherwise situations like this could happen, it is purely a hypothetical and not a real claim I am making.  I make the claim that Colt636 is liar, a thief, and scamming people.  Colt636 sues me for defamation.  Then I get to demand Colt636 gives me all his bank account transactions, emails, and text messages so I can prove me my case.  

Rudy, Lin, and Sidney better hope they already have a mountain of irrefutable proof as they are goin to need it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#45]
There's that term again... "Baseless claims".... Cringe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes. Elizabeth Warren is a POS, but there are some pretty good reasons why Dominion would sue Giuliani and not her, that don't require a conspiracy.

1. The letter does not specifically say that Dominion voting machines did anything wrong. It lists general complaints about voting machines (brand not specified) gathered from various election officials and news reports, and asks each of the 3 investment firms with a stake in each of the 3 major voting machine vendors to address what their company has done to comply with regulations.

2. The issues brought up in the letter are cited from other news sources and statements from election officials. The letter is requesting that the investment firm provide more information in response to those reported issues. The letter is not alleging machines switched votes, it's alleging that somebody else (the cited reference) said some machines (brand not specified) switched votes, and then expressing "concern" about that. In contrast, Giuliani explicitly said that Dominion machines DID flip votes, and even went as far as to claim that they were programmed intentionally to do so. He said the company "developed machines in order to cheat in elections". He made statements to this effect on dozens of occasions: on Twitter, on TV, on his podcast. They are laid out pretty clear-cut in the complaint.

3. The letter did not receive publicity anywhere approaching the level of Giuliani's statements, so the damage to Dominion's reputation was comparatively small. Warren and Klobuchar and their ilk did not continue to crow about voting machines cheating the election after their letter, they did not hold rallies about it, they did not wage a 2 month long media campaign about it. Virtually nobody was aware of or cared about Warren's dumb letter. A huge number of people were aware of and cared very strongly about what Giuliani alleged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure members of congress are immune from civil suits for things they say on the floor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
This guy gets it!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if his trial and loss will go as fast as Trump's impeachment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That's not a problem being that Rudy, at least on paper, is a lawyer. Even by himself with a Chrome book and a cheap inkjet, if he in fact has evidence he can fight it out.

I really like that Dominion is doing this. Either there is some no shit real evidence, or there is not.  Discovery will be interesting.
View Quote

I think it's mainly a fear generator. It shows that if you dare challenge the narrative, you will be sued into oblivion. I would venture to guess they will push for a settlement, and no matter what, not let it go to discovery. The case would be dropped before that.

Much like the fear generator ongoing from the Capitol protest. The bad actors were obviously staged and literally led into the Capitol building. Yet everyone else also present is being hunted down and examples being made out of.

Points are being made. Obey, wear your mask, stay in your house, collect your free money, and don't talk back. Or else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#50]
People are still falling for the "I defamed them so I could open up discovery" bullshit? Y'all should stop talking to hucksters. If that's how it worked journalists would just defame companies and individuals constantly and then use that to go on a fishing expedition. Discovery will grant Dominion to subpoena Rudy's emails and communications related to the defamatory statements though.

I thought we'd all realized Rudy was full of shit when the mystery laptops never materialized. Remember that? Remember the totally real laptops that rudy had and made copies of that disappeared into the ether?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top