Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2019 9:31:17 PM EDT
I sometimes do. Not often. Not when I'm  going to leave  the house after shaving, but sometimes. It somehow has a familiar  smell. My grandfather passed when I was really young, but somehow I think he may have used it. It just has a old time smell to it. Like I  said, I  would never wear it out. But it just seems right sometimes. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. That’s all I use. It’s what they used at all the barber shops when I was growing up so the smell always brings me back to my childhood. It reminds me of those old barber shops with creaky wooden floors and the old fashioned cash registers in New England.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. That’s all I use. It’s what they used at all the barber shops when I was growing up so the smell always brings me back to my childhood. It reminds me of those old barber shops with creaky wooden floors and the old fashioned cash registers in New England.
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bay Rum
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Not for me. I bought a bottle to try and I think it smells like cat piss.

I've found that I really gravitate toward the pine scents from Stirling.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I like them. I alternate with the Classic Vanilla, the lime, and Brandy Spice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Original, yes.

Bay Rum, sometimes, though it smells more like christmas than actual Bay Rum.

Lilac Vegetal?  Fuck no.  Seal that shit in lead and drop it over an ocean trench.  Inscribe the solidified block with warnings in every human language and pictographs.  That shit smells like a failed cleanup at an incontinent cat hospice, or like a bullied perfumer's revenge upon humanity.  Whoever concocted that vicious effluent suffered from anosmia and wanted to inflict it (or the wish for it), upon others.  My only experience with it was a quick splash followed by a three hour Lifetime Network crying rape shower, but it's cloying nauseous stink stayed in my sinuses for the whole of the next day.  I sealed it up and stuck it in my lawnmower shed because I don't even hate my garbage man that much.  Now my only worry is that disaster or misadventure might somehow release it from its fetters.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lilac Vegetal?  Fuck no.  Seal that shit in lead and drop it over an ocean trench.  Inscribe the solidified block with warnings in every human language and pictographs.  That shit smells like a failed cleanup at an incontinent cat hospice, or like a bullied perfumer's revenge upon humanity.  Whoever concocted that vicious effluent suffered from anosmia and wanted to inflict it (or the wish for it), upon others.  My only experience with it was a quick splash followed by a three hour Lifetime Network crying rape shower, but it's cloying nauseous stink stayed in my sinuses for the whole of the next day.  I sealed it up and stuck it in my lawnmower shed because I don't even hate my garbage man that much.  Now my only worry is that disaster or misadventure might somehow release it from its fetters.
View Quote
Smells like a funeral parlor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Distinctive old school smell for sure.

Not for me, but no aftershave/cologne is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Bay Rum is my favorite.  A Sandalwood scent is nice too though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Out of the 7 I've tried, Clubman and Whiskey Woods are the ones I replace.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bay Rum is my favorite.  A Sandalwood scent is nice too though.
View Quote
Man, if you like Clubman Bay Rum, you're liable to like real bay rum.  That shit's pleasant.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I've only tried one and I didn't care for it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I love it. Reminds me of the barber smell when i was a kid.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell yeah!!! Original and VIBR!!! Solid hitters for me. Planning on trying Stirling Bay Rum Balm or WH+Aloe but not sure if it's as strong as Clubman.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple that I rotate, Clubman is one of them. I get a compliment here and there, so it must be somewhat pleasant.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a bottle on the shelf and use it once a week or so.  It reminds me of my grandad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Original Clubman and Aqua Velva are all I use.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Original, yes.

Bay Rum, sometimes, though it smells more like christmas than actual Bay Rum.

View Quote
Verbose, yet poetic.

I especially liked the part about the bullied perfumer.

I like clubman and bay rum but I prefer the Mr. Fine scents.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
If you like Clubman Bay Rum, I most humbly do request that you try Masters Bay Rum.

It's cheap.  It's alcohol and scent.  It's not as good as when they put glycerine in it a few years back.  I still kinda like it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's not as good as when they put glycerine in it a few years back.  I still kinda like it.
View Quote
Have you heard of Bootlegger's Bay Rum? I finally tried after reading about it on B&B. Great combo, especially since you mentioned the glycerine issue. The other ingredients tone it down a bit and create a good balance. I prefer the Lime Bay rum version and it is good!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Love Clubman! Vanilla, Bay Rum, Brady Spice, Whiskey Woods, Gent's Gin, & Special Reserve are good. Lime Sec & Original are my favorites though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top