Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2022 4:15:28 PM EDT
So, like half the other guys on GD, I have a drawer filled with knives that I'll never use. I was planning on listing a couple on the EE then ultimately Ebay if they don't sell

I wanted to see what "sold" prices were to get an understanding of the market so my asking prices were within the stratosphere

I'm well aware that GD hates Benchmade, but for a second put that hate aside and pretend you hate Chinese fakes even more.

Looked up my Benchmade North Fork and found out that the majority of all North Forks sold on Ebay are fake. . . . and sold by the same guy. . . . and the guy has feedback of people telling him he's selling a fakes (although apparently most can't tell the diff)

Does Ebay just not care since they collect a % on the deals? You think they'd make some effort and the fact the guy never takes a picture of the label is clue #1

When you look at "sold" listings and sort by "most recent" you see something that looks like this;

The guy has sold probably easily (50) of these by now

Attachment Attached File

Just for context;

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you report a fake, the listing will get taken down. If not, then it can sell. That's about the extent they care.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
They just want the money.

I guess they feel buyers should know what they're buying. Also, if it seems to good to be true....

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
EBay unfortunately is full all kinds of fake stuff.  People seem to forget that there is a good reason why the price for certain items is super cheap (half of the retail price) and the person has 20-30 to sell.  99% it is a knock off, but people don't use their due diligence BEFORE buying.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Ebay is not going to do anything for you.

However, Benchmade is listed under Ebay's VERO program and should have no problem shutting down the auctions IF they even care.
https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/verified-rights-owner-program
https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/pdf/us/help/community/vpp/BenchmadeKnifeCompany.pdf

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

However, Benchmade is listed under Ebay's VERO program and should have no problem shutting down the auctions IF they even care.
https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/verified-rights-owner-program
https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/pdf/us/help/community/vpp/BenchmadeKnifeCompany.pdf

View Quote

Again I know we hate BM on GD but their customer service has always been awesome to me.

I contacted them earlier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope. My wife bought a ring on there against my advice and the one that showed up was so cheaply made that it didn’t even look like the picture.
Got her money back through PayPal ,filed whatever counterfeit claim they made us do and left negative feedback.
eBay removed the negative feedback and the ring was relisted a few days later.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
They care about fakes about as much as they care about any other type of fraud.  Which is to say barely at best.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
About 10 years ago I bought an EOtech flip to side magnifier, I knew it was fake coming from China but I'll be damned that was a great magnifier, complete with authentic markings and a box that looked every bit the same as the box my EOtech came in. The quality was good, it really worked for what I wanted it for
I later sold both as a set, disclaiming the magnifier was indeed fake.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Again I know we hate BM on GD but their customer service has always been awesome to me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My comment had nothing to do with hating on BM, nor do I care about more GD childish bullshit.  

There is so much fake stuff on Ebay, when does a business just say F'k it, it's not worth the fight.  When searching "benchmade knife", there are 2500+ results.  It would be a full time job for one person to constantly fight it.  What liability does a company have when they incorrectly issue a take down on an auction?  What monetary/reputation damage do these fakes cause the company?

I did try to find this knife on Alibaba with no luck.  Would be interesting to see what the guy pays for them.  (The BM 535 is $13 or less!)

If you hear back from Benchmade, remind them they are already register in the VERO program.  It is possible they pay outside company to handle their VERO complaints.

Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My comment had nothing to do with hating on BM, nor do I care about more GD childish bullshit.  

There is so much fake stuff on Ebay, when does a business just say F'k it, it's not worth the fight.  When searching "benchmade knife", there are 2500+ results.  It would be a full time job for one person to constantly fight it.  What liability does a company have when they incorrectly issue a take down on an auction?  What monetary/reputation damage do these fakes cause the company?

I did try to find this knife on Alibaba with no luck.  Would be interesting to see what the guy pays for them.  (The BM 535 is $13 or less!)

If you hear back from Benchmade, remind them they are already register in the VERO program.  It is possible they pay outside company to handle their VERO complaints.

View Quote

The hate part wasn't addressed to you specifically, I apologize if it came off that way.

I just wanted to make it very clear from the onset this thread wasn't about BM as a brand, hence my I keep reiterating it

The interesting part about this scenario is that it's not just a fake BM knife for sale, it's a single seller who's is exclusively selling one model of fake BM, with comments from a couple buyers indicating it's a fake knife, and yet Ebay hasn't done anything.

The guy has the majority of the Ebay North Fork Benchmade sales. If he's getting these for 25 a pop and selling them between $100 and $200 then he's made well over $5K in profit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#13]
They don't care.
**Update I just bought a Fake Hako soldering iron.
*Update 11/29 I left a negative review and now the seller wants me to retract it.
This guy has some Big Balls.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a FAKE fobus holster on Amazon

I can't believe anyone would bother making a knockoff $15 plastic thing, but they did.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]
If it sells they make money
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad they have treated you kindly but for us firms owners and owners of other arms   such as bladed arms they have been supporting the party who don't respect the rights of the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The guy has the majority of the Ebay North Fork Benchmade sales. If he's getting these for 25 a pop and selling them between $100 and $200 then he's made well over $5K in profit.
View Quote

Very close    Looks like he probably paid $21.20.  

Hmmm... stop giving me ideas!  Would it be fraud if I polished off the logo?!?!
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Very close    Looks like he probably paid $21.20.  

Hmmm... stop giving me ideas!  Would it be fraud if I polished off the logo?!?!
View Quote

I think you have to put "Benchmade Style" in the title then it's all cool
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Lots of fake coins on ebay
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know about for knives, but for sneakers, ebay is regarded as the best at the moment.

Of course, they have Goat and stockx to comepete with, so they really can't afford to fuck around.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lots of fake coins on ebay
View Quote

Like Morgans and AE's?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#22]
No they do not care. Counterfeit goods are OK on Ebay just as long as they are not firearms related LMFAO.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Like Morgans and AE's?
View Quote

Yes. Browse around wish or aliexpress to see everything being offered.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes. Browse around wish or aliexpress to see everything being offered.
View Quote

Def taken a look on Ali Express (know they exist) just curious what you've seen on Ebay

In the past I've only purchased coins off Ebay when it's through APMEX
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Ebay is a good thing for me to make money selling junk I don't need.

Don't hate on it if you're too stupid to research what you're buying.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#26]
They don't care, neither does Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Ebay does not give 1/10 of 1 shit fraudulent items.
That's why I gave up on it years ago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude has sold multiple of these fakes since I've started this thread.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#29]
If Benchmade reports under the VERO program, the account will be banned. Lots of YouTube videos showing accounts banned because of Vero strikes.
The eBay VeRO Program Explained

Report it to Benchmade.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#30]
OP:  sell your stuff on bladeforums and/or reddit instead
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Does eBay care about auction fees?
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP:  sell your stuff on bladeforums and/or reddit instead
View Quote

I'll probably start with the EE

It's funny I have a literal stack of knives I need to sell because they just sit in a drawer. . . . .  meanwhile (in the last 48 hours) I've made multiple offers on other random knives I don't need on the EE

I have a problem
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks like all of the Ebay seller's listings have been pulled.  Apparently someone at Ebay listened.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It looks like all of the Ebay seller's listings have been pulled.  Apparently someone at Ebay was listening.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Screenshot_2022-11-20_112622_jpg-2607719.JPG
View Quote

I thought that too, got the same excited reaction, but then realized they weren't pulled he just sold ALL of his listings

This dude has made like $300 bucks since I started the thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
You would not be shocked at the high number of engineers from the third world working their programs who probably really don’t care about things like IP, trade makes or copywrites.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve bought counterfeit stuff on EBay before and they just refund your money, let you keep the goods and they keep on selling it.  Still sitting on a ton of fake PowerPro braided fishing line thats actually good stuff despite being from China.
Top Top