Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/18/2019 12:02:57 AM EDT
Cheap, breaks a lot, extremely common. Amiwrong?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
In before hi-point references...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Dead Or Dying Garage Equipement
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a new and refreshing topic.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
80 percent of all Dodges sold in the last 20 years are still on the road.

The other 20 percent actually made it home.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a 2005 Town and country with 245,000 no major repairs. 1999 Concorde with 256,000 that went through two teenage boys no major repairs. One is driving it 300 plus miles a week with no problems. My whole sale guy has a 2011 Town and country with 322,000 no major problems.

Past Dodge caravan had 380,000 worked fine till someone totaled it when parked. So yeah I say your wrong. But thats just me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
My 2002 Durango is on its second motor, the front end is tired, and the AC doesn't work. Other that that it's in great shape.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Kia is the Taurus or Keltec of the road. Dodge is more like Kimber because only assholes buy them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 2002 Durango is on its second motor, the front end is tired, and the AC doesn't work. Other that that it's in great shape.
View Quote
Do you get a free transmission swap every 4th time it goes in the shop?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes
You
Are
Wrong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dead Or Dying Garage Equipement
View Quote
Better than Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have a 2005 Town and country with 245,000 no major repairs. 1999 Concorde with 256,000 that went through two teenage boys no major repairs. One is driving it 300 plus miles a week with no problems. My whole sale guy has a 2011 Town and country with 322,000 no major problems.

Past Dodge caravan had 380,000 worked fine till someone totaled it when parked. So yeah I say your wrong. But thats just me.
View Quote
You should play the lottery.

You one lucky guy.

Family got suckered into buying one Caravan growing up, it crapped out early and traded in because Dad had a friend at the dealer for a newer model. That crapped out as well before it hit 120k.

Dodge Dakota bought cheap, terrible.

If it's not the transmission first, it's the electrical giving you problems. Then the engine shortly after.

The only thing I would possibly buy is a new Ram. But I would get rid of it before warranty is up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:22:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Other than being a little "thirsty," I have no problems with my Hemi Dodge Durango.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I dunno. My '13 Ram 1500 has 100K and has never missed a beat. The only thing it's ever needed was a window switch. My '16 Hellcat has just over 25K and has been perfect so far.

I know these aren't Porsche quality vehicles, but even if I was super picky I'd have a hard time finding something to get wound up about.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Do you get a free transmission swap every 4th time it goes in the shop?
View Quote
That reminds me. It's on its second transmission also.

No going into the shop for me. I have to fix it myself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Other than being a little "thirsty," I have no problems with my Hemi Dodge Durango.
View Quote
I get 19 highway and lol around town. What do you get?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Dodge bashers have no idea what they are talking about. Why don't you dorks just go drive your rusted out frame Tacoma's and shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a 95, and still going along with my 04 Tundra

Shrugs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dodge bashers have no idea what they are talking about. Why don't you dorks just go drive your rusted out frame Tacoma's and shut the fuck up!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I’ve owned 3 Toyota’s, 4 Dodge’s, 3 Jeeps, 3 Chevys, 1 Buick, 1 Montero and 7 VW’s.

The dodges were nowhere near the worst. The GM products (aside from the 4.3 Vortec motor) and one of the Toyota’s were not great vehicles as far as reliability and quality goes IMO.

The GM’s were absolute rattle traps and the Corolla was a complete POS from day one. Hated that car.

That said I’d give a testicle for a Z51 C8 Corvette.  In white.  Not kidding.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#20]
What’s your daily driver?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:56:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Have an 03 dodge 2500 and can confirm
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd like to buy you a cold beer, just because.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well said, although I have 4Runner and a Dodge Cummins

I bought the Dodge, another guy bought a Chevy, and another bought a Ford around the same time.  The Chevy lost an injector and the Ford ate a trans,  neither could hang with me when towing in the hills.

How many 6.0 Ford diesels did they buy back?

How many head gaskets did the Duramax eat?

I'm not here to bash, just think the conversation is a little lopsided.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:00:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You one lucky guy.

Family got suckered into buying one Caravan growing up, it crapped out early and traded in because Dad had a friend at the dealer for a newer model. That crapped out as well before it hit 120k.

If it's not the transmission first, it's the electrical giving you problems. Then the engine shortly after.

The only thing I would possibly buy is a new Ram. But I would get rid of it before warranty is up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You one lucky guy.

Maybe a  little luck but I take care of my stuff.
I have rented 100's of car for work. Ironicly I have only had trouble with two. The only Honda and the only Toyota. I cant imagine the odds. I have never had a Chrysler rental either. All GM, Volvo, Kia, Ford and just about everything else.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nearly every attempt ever made to quantify vehicular reliability puts the FCA brands at the bottom with the JLR brands.

I'm not saying that FCA hasn't made progress or that all of their products are bad, but they have an earned reputation for building trash over the years.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nearly every attempt ever made to quantify vehicular reliability puts the FCA brands at the bottom with the JLR brands.

I'm not saying that FCA hasn't made progress or that all of their products are bad, but they have an earned reputation for building trash over the years.
View Quote
Just where are you getting that info? And by who's standards? Automotive writers and their ilk are some of most biased and brand loyal asshole fanboys on the entire planet!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#28]
You are aware Cummins is a third party company right?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:15:46 AM EDT
[#29]
i love my 2012 1500 single cab.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I own 11 Dodge and Ram trucks.

You’re wrong.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just where are you getting that info? And by who's standards? Automotive writers and their ilk are some of most biased and brand loyal asshole fanboy's on the entire planet!
View Quote
Pick one.

CR, JD Power, smaller independent researchers... anyone. The products of Chrysler's various corporate entities have pretty consistently been rated as among the least reliable and, outside of luxury brands, the most expensive to keep on the road.

The experiences I've had myself and that I've seen with those close to me supports their conclusions.

Again, I do think that Chrysler's products, or at least some of them, have improved. They make some things I'd almost consider owning. But it's going to take a while for them to rebuild their reputation.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve owned 3 Toyota’s, 4 Dodge’s, 3 Jeeps, 3 Chevys, 1 Buick, 1 Montero and 7 VW’s.

The dodges were nowhere near the worst. The GM products (aside from the 4.3 Vortec motor) and one of the Toyota’s were not great vehicles as far as reliability and quality goes IMO.

The GM’s were absolute rattle traps and the Corolla was a complete POS from day one. Hated that car.

That said I’d give a testicle for a Z51 C8 Corvette.  In white.  Not kidding.
View Quote
My BIL had a 2007 or 8 Chevy duramax 2500 Extended cab. That truck was such a rattle trap I honestly couldn't stand riding in it. They way the doors rattled was just beyond the pale.

My son has a 2008 chevy Colorado with the 3.7 and it's a pretty solid little truck. On the Colorado owners ground on Facebook there are plenty of guys with over 300,000 miles on those little trucks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pick one.

CR, JD Power, smaller independent researchers... anyone. The products of Chrysler's various corporate entities have pretty consistently been rated as among the least reliable and, outside of luxury brands, the most expensive to keep on the road.

The experiences I've had myself and that I've seen with those close to me supports their conclusions.

Again, I do think that Chrysler's products, or at least some of them, have improved. They make some things I'd almost consider owning. But it's going to take a while for them to rebuild their reputation.
View Quote
FAKE NEWS!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I know how to work on my dodges and vws
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:46:02 AM EDT
[#35]
My 2006 Ram SRT10 was amazing and problem free.

My 2008 Dodge Viper continues to be an amazing car.

Op, I'm sorry your lesbian lover only allows you to buy a ford.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My 2006 Ram SRT10 was amazing and problem free.

My 2008 Dodge Viper continues to be an amazing car.

Op, I'm sorry your lesbian lover only allows you to buy a ford.
View Quote
I owned a 2005 Regular cab Ram SRT-10 at one point... It was a red one. I should have kept it. I will say that when I got rid of it the synchronizers where starting to go in 2nd and third gear. But the truck had 50,000s mile on it when I got rid of and I powershifted it every damn one of those miles. I beat the shit outta that thing! I took that truck to the racetrack, hauled ATV's and jetskis with and did burnouts in it every time I drove it! Only real reason I got rid of it was my son was turning 16 and I wanted to get him something nice. So it traded it off for a lightly used 15,000 mile Subaru WRX STI sedan. A blue one. Which I knew was what he really wanted..
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Dodge worked okay for Al Bundy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:09:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FAKE NEWS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick one.

FAKE NEWS!

Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dodge worked okay for Al Bundy.
View Quote
I think the real reason for all the Dodge hate here at AR-15.com is you guys want the SRT vehicles but either can't afford them or your wife's won't let you have them...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:28:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think the real reason for all the Dodge hate here at AR-15.com is you guys what the SRT vehicles but either can't afford them or your wife's won't let you have them...
View Quote
Speak for your self. I'm not fucking poor. But it seems like you're right for 99% of GD that is married and the 98% that isn't married.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Someone has to drive the rusty frame Tacomas may as well be you...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:40:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Maybe a  little luck but I take care of my stuff.
I have rented 100's of car for work. Ironicly I have only had trouble with two. The only Honda and the only Toyota. I cant imagine the odds. I have never had a Chrysler rental either. All GM, Volvo, Kia, Ford and just about everything else.
View Quote
Take care of our stuff too.

You have very rare luck considering all quantitative reports show that the statistical likelihood of your vehicular problems is going against the grain. I have rented Nissan, Ford, Jeep, Toyota and GM. All were fine, but had to return the Nissan rogue and exchange out because we noticed some leaking oil of some sort and the CVT was whining.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a 14 ram 3500.  50k miles.

Other than the catalytic converter, turbo controller, and a shit ton of recalls.   I havent had any issues.

I have actually been pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've never owned a Tacoma or any other Toyota product.

I have, however, owned a Jeep XJ, and for something with supposedly mythical reliability, it was pretty crappy. The check engine light made an appearance once every month or two, and I got a first hand lesson about the 0331 head casting issue among other things. I'm not sure I'd declare it as the worst vehicle I've ever owned, but it's up there. Combine that with the shenanigans I've seen with vehicles belonging to friends and family, and yeah... there is a pattern, and that patterns correlates with most of the brand rankings I've seen.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Ram Trucks are no longer Dodge bro

They seperated companies because Dodge is such shit.

Ram is p okay
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've never owned a Tacoma or any other Toyota product.

I have, however, owned a Jeep XJ, and for something with supposedly mythical reliability, it was pretty crappy. The check engine light made an appearance once every month or two, and I got a first hand lesson about the 0331 head casting issue among other things. I'm not sure I'd declare it as the worst vehicle I've ever owned, but it's up there. Combine that with the shenanigans I've seen with vehicles belonging to friends and family, and yeah... there is a pattern, and that patterns correlates with most of the brand rankings I've seen.
View Quote
I have never heard that said about any Jeep vehicle. In fact when it came to the Willys and particularly the AMC Jeeps of days gone by it was exactly the opposite. I think your confusing "mythical reliability" with 4wd capability. All that being said I can assure you the heavy duty trucks and SRT vehicles are fucking bullet proof!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't know if you are wrong OP but mine has been good.

The only Dodge I have owned I have been daily driving 20 years, 99 Dakota 6cyl manual.

Very few problems, it never broke down to leave me stranded. Worst thing to happen was the pilot bearing going out but I still managed to get home.

No electrical problems, no engine problems, no rust problems, no transmission problems, the locks and windows have never failed to function.

Just common items have been replaced, I just finally did the starter this year because it was dragging, PS pump a couple years ago, water pump a few years earlier, ball joints, cat, A/C clutch. All very inexpensive to fix.

If every vehicle I ever own is as reliable as my Dakota I will be very happy.

Dodge Taurus of which I speak.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:39:42 AM EDT
[#48]
How do I post pics? I want to post pics of some of my Dodge SRT Taurus vehicles....
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Dodge haters are like atheists.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dodge haters are like atheists.
View Quote
Herp Derp "Jeep Mythical reliability" DERRPPPP!!!! LMAO...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top