BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As usual, activism based on a geographic gathering stays out of reach for the working family man.
View Quote
Agreed.
And the first three weekends in November is deer season. I don’t miss that for anything. It puts a lot of meat in the freezer.

I DO like the idea and I wish I could participate.

Finances and feeding mouths take precedence when you don’t have a lot extra.

For my part I have been returning every single NRA money request with red sharpie writing stating issues and necessary outcomes needed. Same thing when they call...
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
November 5th?

Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As usual, activism based on a geographic gathering stays out of reach for the working family man.
View Quote
Get several working family men together and send one on behalf of the others.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have done this at Camp Perry or the new range the NRA is using.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
@goatboy

As a NRA Life Member I fully support your position on this matter however, like many who agree with you, I unfortunately won't be attending this rally. With this in mind, may I suggest that in addition to your march that we devise a letter campaign that would truly reflect (larger number than people at the rally) the memberships dismay with the current course of the NRA. Maybe a template, receipt signature required letter that's addressed to all NRA leadership positions. The letter might contain templated language that identifies membership concerns and a pledge to cut off donations until there is a qualitative course correction within the NRA. Just something to think about.

--------------------------
To: NRA Person's Name Here

Subject: NO MONEY PLEDGE

Template Language that points out the issues of contention and what needs to be done to correct these.

Based on the aforementioned, I PLEDGE to discontinue any and all donates to the NRA until such time OUR organization makes a documented effort to address the previously mentioned concerns.

I look forward to your timely response,

Person's Name Here
NRA Member Status Here
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
All for it  In!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
First and foremost it would be shameful of me not to show up, given my proximity.

Second, what's our plan? What are we going to do? Where do we show up?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a great idea.  Hindsight is 20/20.

We have 3 date options.  Rather than what is easiest, commit or don't.

Realize the importance of what we are facing here.   Realize the importance of what we woke up to this morning.  The 3rd mass shooting, well 4 if we count chicago...in very recent times.

We are currently under a renewed and mounting attack.

Nobody else thought organize this.  Nobody else brainstormed and gave a date.

Hell I tried to do that my HTF and it failed miserable.  I did not have the clout to pull it off.

WE ARE LAZY F***RS WHEN IT COMES TO OUR RIGHTS.  Not everybody can go and I get that. But what makes one event more powerful than another.  A stand alone event COULD be good.  But not if everybody that COULD actually go sits at home because they are tired that day.

Sometimes you got to give til it hurts.....TIME, MONEY, THOUGHTS, SPEECH

Hope to see you guys there, where ever there is.  This is the largest gun forum in the world trying to make something happen.  This is like NRA Lifetime memberships going on sale the first time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Given the BoD is mostly for show, and the Executive/nominating committee and WLP is the real power, how exactly will this get any movement directly against those entrenched in power, who have changed the bylaws specifically to stay in power and prevent outside influence like this from having an effect?
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OST
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds cool.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]
OST
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Due to other obligations I will not be able to make it but I am willing to help out any other way I can including monetary.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I cant join any local ranges as they force nra membership on us
View Quote
This is likely because of affordable insurance. If the NRA implodes, lots of ranges are in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I can take a Friday off. Drive out on Friday, protest Saturday, drive home Sunday. It will cost gas money, but I have a Camry, so that won't be much. A cooler with sandwiches, some cold Mt Dew, and maybe one restaurant meal should be about $350.00. I can probably afford that, and I drive a $700.00 car.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I am in.  Do you need help with the logistics or do you already have good men working on it?

Also, are we going to self-identify, such as wearing the same color BFL shirts?

Anyway, awaiting further details...
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ask for $ help, set up a Go Fund Me, ask for arfcomers in your area to ride share and/or split hotel rooms...there are creative ways to participate.  Can’t help with time off of work, though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To make a statement to the NRA that we will not go quietly into that good night. We will gather to show that we need the NRA and support the NRA, but UNDER THE RIGHT LEADERSHIP AND STRUCTURE! It's a fight that has been coming and it's time for us to make this stand as members and supporters. There are other fights going on in other venues at the same time. This is for us to show our numbers who support the NRA, but need it to respect it's membership!
View Quote
I like it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
November is not a good month. Right in the middle of prime time deer season isn’t an ideal time to gather gun owners on a weekend.

Yes, I get it, our rights are way more important than that, but that doesn’t mean it won’t affect attendance.
View Quote
Yep, I’ve already got the 2cd-10th of November off from work, scheduled to be in deer camp for the opening week.

But I already have the time off, I’m willing to miss some hunting to make a statement for the NRA.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
In!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Get rid of Wayne and we can talk
View Quote
Amen to that. You spend $40K in a clothing store and $18K on a car and driver, then I'm not going to support you.

That situation STILL has not been unscrewed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd go, and bring my camera gear, but there's no damn way I could afford the flight there and back.
View Quote
This is the sort thing I'm willing to help out with...sort of having me there by proxy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#30]
The Fifth of November

Remember, remember!

The fifth of November,

The Gunpowder treason and plot;

I know of no reason

Why the Gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes and his companions

Did the scheme contrive,

To blow the King and Parliament

All up alive.

Threescore barrels, laid below,

To prove old England's overthrow.

But, by God's providence, him they catch,

With a dark lantern, lighting a match!

A stick and a stake

For King James's sake!

If you won't give me one,

I'll take two,

The better for me,

And the worse for you.

A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,

A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,

A pint of beer to wash it down,

And a jolly good fire to burn him.

Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!

Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!

Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Get rid of Wayne and we can talk
View Quote
Chis Cox, Marion Hammer, SWIRE and John_Burns too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#32]
IMO, if not done on a weekday, it will be largely ignored.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There are many on the inside who are already with us. (The side of the members and what is best for the organization.) We will win this fight, but we still need to have this day. We need to show the organization that it's power comes from US, not the other way around. The more we do, the more we bring, the more we unify, the more THEY have to recognize that this has to happen. Don't follow blindly and don't give power to those you do not know. There are games always being played by those who crave power, control, and reputation. This is about a singular focus on the organization coming back to the people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given the BoD is mostly for show, and the Executive/nominating committee and WLP is the real power, how exactly will this get any movement directly against those entrenched in power, who have changed the bylaws specifically to stay in power and prevent outside influence like this from having an effect?
There are many on the inside who are already with us. (The side of the members and what is best for the organization.) We will win this fight, but we still need to have this day. We need to show the organization that it's power comes from US, not the other way around. The more we do, the more we bring, the more we unify, the more THEY have to recognize that this has to happen. Don't follow blindly and don't give power to those you do not know. There are games always being played by those who crave power, control, and reputation. This is about a singular focus on the organization coming back to the people.
Taking their money away does that pretty well.

If anything, organizing a boycott of supporting them financially until they boot WLP and supporting cronies would get a lot of action, more quickly, especially kicking them when they're down with all the other issues coming at them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
IMO, if not done on a weekday, it will be largely ignored.
View Quote
Organize one then.  I will try to attend.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#36]
OST
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Will try my best to attend when the date is set and/or contribute $.

We should all remember if the number are people attending is very great it will send a message to the White House.
If the numbers are small it will still send a message but not one we want T to get.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Just spitballing but how about coordinating with other orgs, the Save the NRA guy (Mr Dell’Aquila), Brownell's, GOA, SAF, VCDL, etc... to get the word out and increase attendance? I don't know any big wigs, just throwing it out, the more the merrier.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Keep the excuses coming. This is why we always lose on these fronts.

<---- working family man.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If AR15.com set up a donation fund, I will add to it to help get a responsible member out there for this event.
View Quote
I’d be in on donations to send representatives.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just spitballing but how about coordinating with other orgs, the Save the NRA guy (Mr Dell’Aquila), Brownell's, GOA, SAF, VCDL, etc... to get the word out and increase attendance? I don't know any big wigs, just throwing it out, the more the merrier.
View Quote
Another great idea!
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll make the drive up providing I'm not on duty that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I look at the working man litmus test like this...

-----I can't come because I literally have to provide for my family.  We have to eat and make rent-----totally respect that.(includes might lose your job if you left)

-----I can't come because I am saving up to buy a boat(insert other lame excuse)-----totally bogus in my opinion.

Maybe your litmus test is different than mine.
We all like different things.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I will be there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I look at the working man litmus test like this...

-----I can't come because I literally have to provide for my family.  We have to eat and make rent-----totally respect that.(includes might lose your job if you left)

-----I can't come because I am saving up to buy a boat(insert other lame excuse)-----totally bogus in my opinion.

Maybe your litmus test is different than mine.
We all like different things.
View Quote
I agree with this. But I think most use it as an excuse.

And as a self respecting Texan that hunts... Lol at the, "But muh opening weekend!" crowd. Go another fucking weekend. It's called deer season. Not deer weekend.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Chis Cox, Marion Hammer, SWIRE and John_Burns too.
View Quote
Add Charles Cotton to the list.  Frankly, the entire executive committee needs to step down.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#50]
TAGGING

If I can arraign transportation, I'll be there.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top