[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well they don't need it anymore.
View Quote

What you did there....
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck no! That would be unprofessional and just plain wrong. Sensitive Sight Exploitation (SSE) is a completely different thing  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1/2 of GD's SHTF plan is to loot dead commies in the US streets.

View Quote

Unless you live >100mi from the nearest town in the middle of nowhere literally off the grid and plan to live off the land... shoot-loot-n-scoot is as a good a shtf plan as any.

If supply chains break down and people starve, all wild game or pets larger than a squirrel will become nearly extinct and nearly every lake/river will be fished dry... in like a month.  Ohio has good deer hunting and there’s about 600k deer in Ohio. But there’s 11mil people. That’s one deer per 20 people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pro tip.  

If you equip scavenger,  you get double ammo and grenades.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
In 2003 / 2004 we rounded up all weapons and ammo, along with mortars, shells, and other things that explode in Iraq.  We then stacked them, charged them, and sent them to the next realm with a giant boom.    We searched live or dead enemies for information they might be carrying on them.   Technically that could be called looting or gathering intelligence.  

Do US military personnel loot enemies.  No, it is illegal and would get you a Court Martial.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely.
Gotta resupply before the next firefight, duh.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Take pics.
Then take pics of ID and whatever might be of use on the former person and secure intel if any
Then take more pics
Gather and secure weapons

Let the locals sort the body out
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone's going to...

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bodies are checked for items of possible intelligence. Our men don't loot.  Maps, letters, photos, watches, rings (unit, organization identity) or anything else that could be of use to Intelligence.  

OK, read Blont's book Foot Soldier or Inside the Battle of the Bulge.  That guy always  went ahead of his unit presumably to scout and disarm booby traps but in reality to loot.  Just read an 82nd Airborne Paratrooper's book and he had a German gas mask container filled with jewelry and precious metals.  A surprise raid routed them and he lost his loot.
View Quote
@4v50

Mind if I ask the name of the paratrooper book?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Historically, yes. Especially insurgents or poorer nations' soldiers.

The famous photo of the soviets raising their flag over the Reichstag had to be modified because they had numerous German watches on their arms.

Some countries based their weapons off their most likely enemy's so that they could use captured ammo. Finland did this.
View Quote

for instance...

Lots of Germans were using M1 Carbines in WW2.

Looting is a part of war. Well, it used to be...

Frankly this whole "civilized" warfare thing is bullshit.

Wars should only be fought for self defense, and self defense means you aren't killing honorable "soldiers", but butt pirates.

And pirates deserve no mercy.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And the Soviets even designed some of their support weapons so they could fire NATO rounds.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd guess it depends on quality and amount of arms.

If we share similar arms and don't know when id get resupply I'd not be above taking some stiffs mags and frags.

I ain't burying shit

Full Metal Jacket - Jolly Green Giants
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a reason for the saying "Americans fight for souvenirs."
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm taking ears in the boog.  Maybe gold teefs.  

Srsly, tho, searching the dead is SOP for collecting intel and any goodies, well, if it's not readily identifiable as intel worthy, it's going into someone's goodie bag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Its going to be my new hobby in the boog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes! In4 pole!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
My dad was airborne and jumped on D-Day . He did when they could. He also shot Germans that surrendered after they ran out of ammo. His unit did not have enough people to guard them. Dad also opened a bank in Holland with explosives during Market Garden.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#18]
There are tons of photos of dead soldiers from WW2 and WW1.  In many you will see the clothing on the body pulled apart and stuff laying around it.  That is from other soldiers looking for stuff, whether it's intelligence, enemy unit identification or just looking for valuables.  Generally not troops in combat doing that but soldiers that followed on later did the searching.  In most accounts, combat soldiers didn't have time to waste searching bodies or looking for loot or capturing enemy weapons, that stuff just became too heavy to carry and they were on the move anyway or digging in for the next onslaught on their position.  Sometimes combat troops might pick up a knife, dagger or pistol to use for personal defense but not usually much more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My dad was airborne and jumped on D-Day . He did when they could. He also shot Germans that surrendered after they ran out of ammo. His unit did not have enough people to guard them. Dad also opened a bank in Holland with explosives during Market Garden.
View Quote

I could party with your pops. Bet he was a great person to be around.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@4v50

Mind if I ask the name of the paratrooper book?

TIA
View Quote

@Justice23  - my mistake.  Not an 82nd man (I've read a # of 82nd accounts this past week).  It was in William Wharton's, Shrapnel.  He was a regimental I&R platoon man until he attacked their sergeant for a mission he (Wharton advised against).  Almost everybody on that patrol was killed and Wharton found the cowardly ph*ck sleeping (that sergeant never went on patrols).  He struck the guy with his M-1 Carbine so hard it broke some ribs, then he smashed he guys' face and knocked out all his front teef.  Anyway, summary court martial and it's back to the infantry.   For the loot see pages 234-5 and 244 (where he loses it).
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your father was not unique in shooting Germans who surrendered only after their ammunition was exhausted.  I have a discussion on that in my sniping book.

Was he 82nd or 101?  What regt?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#22]
War is like that, yo
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#23]
They would do it to you, so...hell yes I would.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
And?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#25]
It's not looting, it's redistribution of wealth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not like they paid for their stuff.

Their parents did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I’m not passing up free 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I reserve the looting for their ladyfolk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I only pick legendary items for resale and healing packs anymore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Why not?
And thanks to my Indian heritage, I’m planning to take scalps ... or maybe ears
View Quote

"Why, he musta had fifty of them...coulda made a blanket!"
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#31]
It's loot loot loot that makes the boys get up to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I am taking WTF I want/need. They fought me, I get to keep what I kill.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/50317619/you-keep-what-you-kill.jpg
View Quote

And don't forget to eat their heart, to gain their courage.  Their rich, tasty courage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would.
View Quote

Same here...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:28:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Bodies get searched, weapons, mags, ammo, or anything that can be used by the enemy or your side get taken. Usable intel gets taken too... personal items or jewelry not so much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm going to video myself teabagging them and yeeting their shit everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#36]
My parents have a ton of loot in their basement from various American wars from WW2 and earlier filtered down to them via all of my relatives who fought in American wars and even some older European ones.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:38:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not?

That's a lot of scalps!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why not?
View Quote

Part Cherokee here....scalps ears and anything else I can take from my enemy dead or alive. You know who you are.  ...God Bless America and President Trump...

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How else are you supposed to collect battlefield pickups?
View Quote

You have a point, but how are you going to get that Hilux back to the US, especially with that 20mm in the back?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You have a point, but how are you going to get that Hilux back to the US, especially with that 20mm in the back?
View Quote

In a conex full of rottiing potatoes of course.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Only if they have a Legendary or some some aromor plates. Maybe a gas mask to go outside the ring
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Something about "To the victor....
View Quote

What if I don’t want 20,000 foreskins?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#44]
The universal law of "Finders Keepers" applies.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:18:46 AM EDT
[#45]
No, I never run the scavenger perk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No, I never run the scavenger perk.
View Quote

You must make your shots count, when I’m on a murderous rampage will run out of ammo otherwise
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:14:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why not?
View Quote

Are scalps still good if they’re bald?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:40:09 AM EDT
[#48]
You can try. But you won't get anything home with you.

I wanted to keep some mortar shell fragments and shit that nearly killed me. On your way home, everything you own gets searched numerous times by these civilian ex-military TSA type guys. They're friendly enough, but they search everything as if you are entering into a prison. They even went through one of our guy's protein powder looking for hidden stuff. You're lucky if you get something home aside from allowed items such as Iraqi flags and uniforms that you generally just paid for, or traded with Iraqi troops. Not saying some troops don't do it or get away with it. But most of it is SSE looking for intel. It's kinda sad when thinking about the cool shit the vets in wars before us brought home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Its not like the dead guy cares!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#50]

From wikipedia  ... The Liberator was originally intended as an insurgency weapon to be mass dropped behind enemy lines to resistance fighters in occupied territory. A resistance fighter was to recover the gun, sneak up on an Axis occupier, kill or incapacitate him, and retrieve his weapons.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top