Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There's better exercises for building traps imo.

notably barbell row.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
There's better exercises for building traps imo.

notably barbell row.
View Quote

So most pull days I do pulldowns, some variation of row, face pulls, shrugs, rear delt machine, then 2 variations of curls.  I typically do 4 sets on each.  Sometimes I will do two types of rows and only one variation of curls.  I do pull days on tuesday and friday.  I do deadlift movements on my leg day.

Honestly I prefer dumbell rows or machine rows to barbell rows.  I feel like there's less range of motion with barbell rows.  Ive done them plenty but I prefer dumbell or my favorite machine is this tbar row below:

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ds3_09:

So most pull days I do pulldowns, some variation of row, face pulls, shrugs, rear delt machine, then 2 variations of curls.  I typically do 4 sets on each.  Sometimes I will do two types of rows and only one variation of curls.  I do pull days on tuesday and friday.

Honestly I prefer dumbell rows or machine rows to barbell rows.  I feel like there's less range of motion with barbell rows.  Ive done them plenty but I prefer dumbell or my favorite machine is this tbar row below:

https://www.globalfitness.com/cdn/shop/products/precor-icarian-plate-loaded-t-bar-incline-lever-row_c3eccc1d-4df7-497a-bb5f-0e0e28f067d3.jpg?v=1548436930
View Quote

I usually do both dumbell and barbell. Dumbells use more stabilizing muscles for sure. I've seen those but my current gym doesn't have one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

I usually do both dumbell and barbell. Dumbells use more stabilizing muscles for sure. I've seen those but my current gym doesn't have one.
View Quote

I love it for going heavy on rows.  Explosive concentric then really slow eccentric.  If I have a buddy can go past failure with them assisting on concentric and keep doing slow eccentric.  I probably feel it work my lats harder than anything else.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Man there is nothing left to say that hasn't been covered.  I think you come across as an asshole who thinks he is God's gift to all things fitness.   You think you are the ultimate example of whatever it is you think you are and like to tell your life's story detailing how great you are.  You don't know me or my social situation lol.  I just get tired of your same old stick so I respond in kind.

You say something about personal attacks then say I don't have any friends and have roid rage which is something you throw around every time I respond to something you say...... Pot meet kettle.  Its all good for you to throw personal attacks I guess but it's different somehow when I do the same.  I honestly don't care if you are natural or not but you keep saying I have roid rage with zero evidence so I make the claims about you being a fake natty with zero evidence.  I honestly don't care but it seems to rile you up and you seem to put in an inordinate amount of effort to announce how natural you are all the fucking time lol like anybody cares.

You mention me attacking you in multiple threads and yes I have because I was responding in kind.  You find posts I guess you disagree with and go on long diatribes usually fitting your life story in there ripping me for whatever reason and I'm usually an asshole back.  So yes I have attacked you before but honestly I don't think I've ever started any of it but you can believe whatever you want.  

I'm done responding to you.  Feel free to shit all over me and chronicle your life history explaining why you are not to be questioned.  Im done in this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lefty-weaver-g19:
You continue to make personal attacks and insult me in every thread we’ve ever posted in.  I guess roid rage is real lmao.  

I don’t have issues in my personal life getting along with others and have many friends as well as people I help with training.  

I’ve been rather busy between work, family, and helping friends with our drag racing hobby working on projects together.  Maybe you didn’t notice it was over a month since your response to me before I responded to your previous name calling post.  

You seem a bit insecure and lacking of friends to  get so easily upset about posts online and so quick to call names and insult others who have opinions that differ from your own.

It’s human nature to make excuses when others are more successful and make up false accusations to make yourself feel better about not being as successful.

Man there is nothing left to say that hasn't been covered.  I think you come across as an asshole who thinks he is God's gift to all things fitness.   You think you are the ultimate example of whatever it is you think you are and like to tell your life's story detailing how great you are.  You don't know me or my social situation lol.  I just get tired of your same old stick so I respond in kind.

You say something about personal attacks then say I don't have any friends and have roid rage which is something you throw around every time I respond to something you say...... Pot meet kettle.  Its all good for you to throw personal attacks I guess but it's different somehow when I do the same.  I honestly don't care if you are natural or not but you keep saying I have roid rage with zero evidence so I make the claims about you being a fake natty with zero evidence.  I honestly don't care but it seems to rile you up and you seem to put in an inordinate amount of effort to announce how natural you are all the fucking time lol like anybody cares.

You mention me attacking you in multiple threads and yes I have because I was responding in kind.  You find posts I guess you disagree with and go on long diatribes usually fitting your life story in there ripping me for whatever reason and I'm usually an asshole back.  So yes I have attacked you before but honestly I don't think I've ever started any of it but you can believe whatever you want.  

I'm done responding to you.  Feel free to shit all over me and chronicle your life history explaining why you are not to be questioned.  Im done in this thread.

Dude chill

Lefty is typically right. If he's not I've never found him argumentative about it.

To your op.

Post a pic of your traps. You don't need a pump or gym lighting. If you do then you probably need to work on them
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#6]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Dude chill

Lefty is typically right. If he's not I've never found him argumentative about it.

To your op.

Post a pic of your traps. You don't need a pump or gym lighting. If you do then you probably need to work on them
View Quote

Dude lefty is an ass and apparently also likes to be the hall monitor for who he thinks is natural enough or not.  I never said he wasn't knowledgeable.  He's enoough of an ass that he can't hardly post a topic in GD without being harassed/ridiculed.  Go look at his current gd topic about being attacked in his yard to see what Im talking about.  Apparently not the first time either. You gotta be an ass lol if you keep getting attacked in your own damn yard lol.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck if anyone in here thinks poorly of me for insulting lefty but thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Dude lefty is an ass and apparently also likes to be the hall monitor for who he thinks is natural enough or not.  I never said he wasn't knowledgeable.  He's enoough of an ass that he can't hardly post a topic in GD without being harassed/ridiculed.  Go look at his current gd topic about being attacked in his yard to see what Im talking about.  Apparently not the first time either. You gotta be an ass lol if you keep getting attacked in your own damn yard lol.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck if anyone in here thinks poorly of me for insulting lefty but thanks for your input.
View Quote

I’ve been following that thread.  I don’t think you can recognize the difference between the good natured ball busting that is a common way for type A dudes to interact, and harassment/ridicule.  
I see a whole lot of the former in that thread, and it’s funny as hell.  The only example of the latter that I’ve seen is your post(s).  
Though I will hand it to you that the “here it comes!” post was a good one (though made less good by the fact that you were coping and seething when you posted it).
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#8]
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:

I’ve been following that thread.  I don’t think you can recognize the difference between the good natured ball busting that is a common way for type A dudes to interact, and harassment/ridicule.  
I see a whole lot of the former in that thread, and it’s funny as hell.  The only example of the latter that I’ve seen is your post(s).  
Though I will hand it to you that the “here it comes!” post was a good one (though made less good by the fact that you were coping and seething when you posted it).
View Quote

Seething?!? Dude I was laughing when I posted it.  It was funny 😁.  I was at the gym and cracking up at how predictably that thread would go.

I think part of the problem is you can't see tone in text.  Communication is also not my strong point honestly so I tend to be wordy and over explain.

I don't mind ball busting man.  Lefty goes on ridiculous tirades.  He's done it to me numerous times i guess when he doesn't like something ive said and im not talking about stuff ive said about him.  He's done it enough that I just don't care for him at all so I'm not going to be nice about any criticism from him.  I don't take ball busting from someone who has consistently been a douche.  I don't bookmark instances man or id show you but that would honestly be silly.

As far as what's happening in his thread sure some is ball busting but honestly a good bit of gd sees through leftys crap also and harass him every thread.  I didn't use to understand until I had more experience with lefty then it started to make perfect sense to the point where I comment as well.

Yes he has had me irritated briefly at times but after posting or 5 min has passed I just don't care.  90% of the time I check arfcom is when it gets slow at work or I'm on a break for a few minutes at the gym.  I'm not bored enough to care when I'm at home etc.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
i haven't done anything "dedicated" to traps for several years now...and I've tried heavy BB shrugs, Bro-style smith machine shrugs, and even standing over a Hammer Strength chest press.

But nothing has lit my traps up like a nice heavy Deadlift session.  

except that one time I did power cleans....... ouch for days
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top