Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/27/2021 5:22:25 PM EDT
Edit: So I'm late to the game. Apparently this happened during the Summer sometime. https://www.wftv.com/news/local/orange-county/lowes-change-way-rope-is-sold-after-noose-found-orlando-store/ISBP5XODJVHXZI4WHBDARBKR3I/

Edit, edit: Since there seem to be so many sensitive hearts out there, take this as a personal opinion, sensitive to your needs and kind, loving souls as consumers with a choice....LOL!

Still doesn't change things....

I went in just now on my lunch break. I needed a short length of larger diameter cord- no sweat right?

So I go to where the chain and cord is and there is a sign saying something like, "Spooled rope has been removed at this time. Please see customer service for more information."

I can see the spools on the top shelve, so I go to customer service and ask what's up?

They tell me that they took it off the floor until further notice to prevent people from "making nooses as political statements for demonstrations, etc." I ask if this is at all Lowes and am told yes, company PC policy and whatnot.

Well, that's enough for me. I've personally always appreciated their veteran/military parking and discount, but I guess it's all just for show.

Who do they think they are to take a stance explicitly trying to limit first amendment rights, on either side of the spectrum?

Nope, not my kind of place. I urge others to pass this along and send in complaints to their customer service dept. Go in and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
youseriousclark.gif
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
So because you couldn’t buy some autoerotic asphyxiation supplies we’re supposed to boycott a major store chain. K.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather hang out at Lowe's than Home Depot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
First it's Northern and the CB radios, now Lowes and rope...WTH is going on here?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I am outraged!
I will continue to refuse to drive a hundred miles just to shop there!
Especially when Amazon ships to my front door.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That's knot the Lowes I know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I place an online store pickup order at Home Depot it is ready in at the most 4 hours. Do the same at Lowes and it could be 2-3 days and then when I go to pick it up I have to wait 30min to an hour for the morons to find it.

Fuck Lowes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am outraged!
I will continue to refuse to drive a hundred miles just to shop there!
Especially when Amazon ships to my front door.
View Quote

This is GD.  We hate Amazon now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol what a thing to get upset over

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Dumbest reason ever. Clown World!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
What a lowe down shame!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So because you couldn’t buy some autoerotic asphyxiation supplies we’re supposed to boycott a major store chain. K.
View Quote

Kidnapping supplies...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Guess they want people to use piano wire instead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Not sure I’m buying this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Join date, post count.  Don't feed the troll.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not sure I’m buying this.
View Quote

Ahhhh.  Post number 3.  Now I get it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
If there was a thread for the response "lol" this would be it.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Both Home Depot and Lowes by me have removed the bulk rope and chain over this.

Easily in the top 10 of idiotic acts of virtue signaling I have ever seen. Can't have people going around making their own rollup door pulls.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]
My local HD has the spools behind a locked plexiglass panel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Home Depot actually started this first, and Lowe's followed them like the lemmings they are.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8488287/Home-Depot-removes-spools-ropes-shelves-customer-started-making-NOOSES-stores.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I went in just now on my lunch break. I needed a short length of larger diameter cord- no sweat right?

So I go to where the chain and cord is and there is a sign saying something like, "Spooled rope has been removed at this time. Please see customer service for more information."

I can see the spools on the top shelve, so I go to customer service and ask what's up?

They tell me that they took it off the floor until further notice to prevent people from "making nooses as political statements for demonstrations, etc." I ask if this is at all Lowes and am told yes, company PC policy and whatnot.

Well, that's enough for me. I've personally always appreciated their veteran/military parking and discount, but I guess it's all just for show.

Who do they think they are to take a stance explicitly trying to limit first amendment rights, on either side of the spectrum?

Nope, not my kind of place. I urge others to pass this along and send in complaints to their customer service dept. Go in and see for yourself.
View Quote

Welcome to last year. They did it after the nascar fake noose story.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I think I will keep going.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
This is an elaborate Home Depot shill thread isn’t it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not sure I'm buying this.
View Quote

There were press releases many months ago about it from Lowe's and HD. It had to do with the Nascar hoax IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Kidnapping supplies...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kidnapping supplies...

Probably have to show your drivers license if you buy rope and duct tape at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Are the spools of chain good to go?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd rather hang out at Lowe's than Home Depot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm pretty sure the guy who told you that just made it up. There's no way that could be a serious point of discussion in a board meeting.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought, this has to be bullshit, apparently it isn't.

WTF...

First off, a hangman's noose is not a racist symbol.

But, more importantly, are they going to stop selling items people need because they might could be used to make something that some people might think is racist?

Are stores going to stop selling shoe polish because some idiot might use it for blackface? Will Lowes stop selling lumber because it could be used to make a flammable cross? Will grocery stores stop selling food which are stereotypically attached to certain races?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Join date. Post count. Stupid request.

No.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#34]
This sounds like something my 70yo Aunt who sits at home on Facebook all day would repost, with a heading that says something like "READ THIS BEFORE IT GETS TAKEN DOWN"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I just spent $400 at Lowes yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a hard time believing this tbh
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are BS'ing you. I went to Lowes and bought a custom length of rope that was cut from spools just yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The worst part is that this was provoked by a hispanic contractor testing which ropes would hold the knots he wanted to use for a customer's project.  Police involved and everything.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmmm... the Lowe’s I was at yesterday had spools of rope like always.  Their electric cutter wasn’t working, but they had a manual shear on a string.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Time to shitpost
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Well there goes tonights fun... I live .5 miles from a Lowes. Will keep going.

Two years ago I kept moving and hiding the "no guns" signs. Now? My Lowes carries "legal gun carry allowed" signs.

Guns are good sign at Lowes
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#43]
My lowes has plenty of rope...just bought some for a tire swing for my son...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Yet another dissatisfied customer........
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#45]
You're not my supervisor. I'll continue to shop there, if I please.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did Lowe's just lose a customer?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#47]
We discussed this about six months ago when they first started this policy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, why yes they did Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#50]
No noose is good noose
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top