Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 9:24:21 PM EDT
Here's a point I think is extremely important.  PLEASE do not mix and confuse the two groups.  There are peaceful protesters protesting an event that it seems that 100% of people agree was terrible, and there is a totally different group of people who do not care one iota about George Floyd who are indiscriminately destroying lives, businesses, infrastructure and society in general, who are USING George Floyd as a smokescreen for their evil purposes.

Please do not use the term "protester" when you are speaking of evil, violent, selfish, hateful people, and please do not use the term "rioter" or "looter" when describing people who have a legitimate concern about the reasons behind George Floyd's death.

We could come together on this issue - we ARE - but these evil, violent people are trying to destroy any chance at unity.  They WANT us to confuse the two groups and see them as one, because their goal is chaos, racial tension, hate and anarchy.  They want to create a world in which if you believe that George Floyd was murdered you must be a violent looting sociopath, and if you disagree with the actions of violent looting sociopaths you must believe that George Floyd's death was justified.

I posted this to facebook. I don't think it will make much of a difference, but it's what I can do.  And I wrote it in all of 2 minutes, I pretty much wrote as I thought.  I think it's an important thing to get out there, so if you all can communicate this kind of idea in a better way to people who follow you, I'd do so.  Think about how anti-gunners twist things to make it seem as if pro-2A people are violent, awful people, and we say, "Those people are not part of us!  This is unfair!"  There are plenty of legitimate protesters of this event, and they are not the ones who are causing the trouble.  Confusing the two groups is what causes total chaos and horror for all innocent people.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
In before they remove it, ban you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They removed five of my posts mentioning Eric Ciaramella.  Why not this?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Looter, rioters, anarchists....they are a different group than peaceful protesters.   That first group is just looking for an excuse to steal stuff and act a fool.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looter, rioters, anarchists....they are a different group than peaceful protesters.   That first group is just looking for an excuse to steal stuff and act a fool.
View Quote

But they, and the media, and the politicians, want us to believe that they are all one and the same.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The protestors that are not trying to stop the rioters and are not condemning the rioters are just as complicit as the three cops that did nothing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The protestors that are not trying to stop the rioters and are not condemning the rioters are just as complicit as the three cops that did nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that what you put forth is a false comparison.  Why is it the job of the protesters to fight and stop the rioters?  They are unrelated groups.  It's not fair to demand that the peaceful people defend themselves and go on the offensive against the violent people in order to maintain legitimacy.  They are legitimate on their own merits.  You can't demand that the enemy set the standards that you have to follow in order to not be grouped in with them.  Would you accept that for any cause you support?  When someone accuses you of being a racist because you're white, do you say, "But I have black friends!"

And there are examples of what you said - I just saw a video where a guy was busting out a sidewalk in order to produce projectiles against the police, and a bunch of legit protesters grabbed him and forced him over to the police line where he was arrested.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
You are absolutely right OP.

This event, more than any, has shown that there are forces in this world who have a very vested interest in stoking violent division amongst Americans. How else could a moment that should have, could have been characterized by near-total unanimity be twisted into such an ugly, hate-filled thing? It was most certainly not accidental, and I am greatly saddened by how many people have fallen into it
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
TLDR...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top