Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2021 10:11:01 AM EDT
As I said in the Tier 1 VR thread, I finally got my Reverb G2 running yesterday, and played some Wrench for a bit, it's nice and I'm hoping the increased resolution will be better in DCS for flying.  That said, my intention with the G2 has always been to pair it with either the 3080 or the 3090.  Then the release happened and I still haven't gotten my hands on one yet.  That said, it's given me time to consider wether or not the rest of my system is enough to give the new GPUs the ability to do what they do.

Currently, I have a Ryzen 7 2700x, and 32gb of DDR4 corsair ram at 3200MHz, on a MSI x470 gaming carbon motherboard.  This is all stuffed in an NZXT H710 case.

My biggest concern is the CPU, and if nothing else comes up, will most likely be my next upgrade, but I would like to slip a 30 series GPU in there before if possible.

What say you, gamers?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother was just running a first gen reverb on a 2700x and 2060 in DCS and said it ran fine.
I just sent him my 3700x and 2070 super and he says it’s even better.
I managed to snag a 5900x and 6800xt off Newegg and with my first gen reverb, DCS is butter smooth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm able to play DCS with a 1080 and 8700k. But i've got my 8700k clocked to 5.1g.  Not really my game so its been a long time since i played so i dont really remember the performance with an OG vive.  I'd bet that 2700x will perform fine with a 30xx series gpu tho.

Unless you just have money to burn i'd probably keep the 2700 until you get the 30xx and then decide if the performance is acceptable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top