Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2021 10:19:36 PM EDT
I am Lutheran and do not find evidence for the teaching of the rapture. Nothing written that Jesus ever taught it or even spoke of it. Not trolling, I am genuinely curious. What is taught by the rapture churches? Would I be "left behind"?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out 1 Thessalonians 4, but I’m not here to convince you to believe in the rapture, pre-trib or post-trib. Whether you do or not is not a salvation issue. Romans 10:9, Ephesians 2:8-9, and other scriptures are clear about that. Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection is what is important. Faith in Him leads to salvation. Following Him is the result.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
In my opinion, if one is Saved and truly has the Holy Spirit, then come Rapture, BOOM, you are outta there!  One doesn't have to believe in Rapture to be Raptured.

The only bad thing about Rapture is not being around to hear Biden or Harris or whatever nutjob Leftist is in power to say "See!  The anti-vaxxers just dissolved!  COVID dissolved them!  Now embrace the mark and get your soylent green!"
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]
In dispensational theology, all Christians whether you believe in a secret rapture or not, are taken to heaven in the blink of an eye.  All at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In my opinion, if one is Saved and truly has the Holy Spirit, then come Rapture, BOOM, you are outta there!  One doesn't have to believe in Rapture to be Raptured.

The only bad thing about Rapture is not being around to hear Biden or Harris or whatever nutjob Leftist is in power to say "See!  The anti-vaxxers just dissolved!  COVID dissolved them!  Now embrace the mark and get your soylent green!"
View Quote

Quoted:
In dispensational theology, all Christians whether you believe in a secret rapture or not, are taken to heaven in the blink of an eye.  All at the same time.

View Quote

This. You won’t want to miss it.

Maranatha.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just wondering what is taught, to those who belong to churches that believe the rapture of the church. I was listening to a radio preacher that left me with the perception that only true Christians believe the rapture and will get to experience it. I'm absolutely confident that I am saved, because it's not my doing at all. It is by God's grace that I have salvation. I am interested in what is being taught by men.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am Lutheran and do not find evidence for the teaching of the rapture. Nothing written that Jesus ever taught it or even spoke of it. Not trolling, I am genuinely curious . . .
View Quote

Be careful with that kind of thinking. You may find many other popular/near-universal doctrines aren't supported by scripture. Then where will you be?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just wondering what is taught, to those who belong to churches that believe the rapture of the church. I was listening to a radio preacher that left me with the perception that only true Christians believe the rapture and will get to experience it. I'm absolutely confident that I am saved, because it's not my doing at all. It is by God's grace that I have salvation. I am interested in what is being taught by men.
View Quote

My understanding of Rapture theology is that a lack of belief in it has no bearing on salvation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Be careful with that kind of thinking. You may find many other popular/near-universal doctrines aren't supported by scripture. Then where will you be?
View Quote

Possibly closer to the Religion of Jesus Christ?

That said, as a Lutheran, if we turn to scripture we see that Paul writes: "Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord."

Now, if we trust in the scriptures and the witnesses sent forth by Jesus Christ, we have here grounds to believe that at some point those who are left alive will be caught up together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and will be with him thereafter.  There is the Harpazo (https://biblehub.com/greek/726.htm)
726 harpázo – properly, seize by force; snatch up, suddenly and decisively – like someone seizing bounty (spoil, a prize); to take by an open display of force (i.e. not covertly or secretly) from which the term rapture (like a raptor seizing it's prey) is derived.

I can not say when exactly this will occur and what circumstances.  But those that believe on the Lord in the final days, and look for his coming, should not fear to be "left behind."  We should not concern ourselves with hours or days of such a thing, but merely ensure the oil in our lamps is full, and are found doing as we should be doing in our days.

Now, for those in ELCA who have no regard for scripture, the may feel they are free to completely disregard anything Paul or Jesus says if they find it inconvenient.  But is it not vanity to take the name of Christ and yet ignore the words of the witnesses he established?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus then you believe in the rapture. It's the same exact thing and I can't really think of a denomination that doesn't teach the 2nd coming of Christ.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#10]
No.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Hope so
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus then you believe in the rapture. It's the same exact thing and I can't really think of a denomination that doesn't teach the 2nd coming of Christ.
View Quote

No they're not. The Rapture, and Rapture Theology have some distinct aspects to it as they pertain to Millennialism and other concepts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No they're not. The Rapture, and Rapture Theology have some distinct aspects to it as they pertain to Millennialism and other concepts.
View Quote

Well, sorta.  Everyone believes Jesus will Return and gather His people.  So call that Rapture.

Dispensational Pre Millennials believe in a Secret rapture where unbelievers are left behind and go through 7 years of tribulation.  Then Jesus returns for a third time and Rules the earth.

So technically yes everyone believes in a gathering, call it rapture if you like, but not everyone believes it will be secret.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, sorta.  Everyone believes Jesus will Return and gather His people.  So call that Rapture.

Dispensational Pre Millennials believe in a Secret rapture where unbelievers are left behind and go through 7 years of tribulation.  Then Jesus returns for a third time and Rules the earth.

So technically yes everyone believes in a gathering, call it rapture if you like, but not everyone believes it will be secret.
View Quote

Well put.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the rapture means we will be caught up to meet christ in the skies and glorified, come on back down to earth, and judgement day commences, justice and mercy are meted out, and after that all of creation is remade.

Rapture does not have to mean "dissapear and don't come back."
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rapture does not have to mean "dissapear and don't come back."
View Quote

It does to some, but yeah. It's interesting for sure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
You don't have to get the timing of the rapture right to be in the rapture.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The relationship between you and God is the ultimate test in my humble opinion.

I also believe God saves those who are righteous but ignorant.

If you are worried about it, I would seek to strengthen your bond with God. It is what I am working on, and also what I fear. Going to church isn't going to provide the answers you're looking for. Introspection and contemplation will. I am fairly new to this line of thinking (about 4 years) but it has given me a lot of perspective.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you are worried about it, I would seek to strengthen your bond with God. It is what I am working on, and also what I fear. Going to church isn't going to provide the answers you're looking for. Introspection and contemplation will. I am fairly new to this line of thinking (about 4 years) but it has given me a lot of perspective.
View Quote

I hope I am not nitpicking, but I think that is dangerously close to gnosticism.  I agree that going to church will not necessarily provide answers--would even add that getting answers is not the primary reason for going to church--but looking in without a properly founded and ordered framework is not something I would would consider healthy.  I know you're well-read, so I'm not saying that you lack foundation; just addressing the practice itself.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#20]
There are so many well-thought out opinions on the Rapture that I just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I hope I am not nitpicking, but I think that is dangerously close to gnosticism.  I agree that going to church will not necessarily provide answers--would even add that getting answers is not the primary reason for going to church--but looking in without a properly founded and ordered framework is not something I would would consider healthy.  I know you're well-read, so I'm not saying that you lack foundation; just addressing the practice itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You make a great point. I wouldn't have the interest today if I hadn't have had the background earlier.

You're not nitpicking, it's an important decision. The basics, the stories, the ho-hum stuff hopefully leads someone to consider contemplation. I wouldn't have found Francis and Aquinas without that, but I found them much later in life. (My 30s)

I was never a Catholic but always liked their philosophers and tradition. I do not like their power structure.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I think at the end of the day there's no good and bad Christians. Kinda like politics, we tend to harp on one another and project on one another.

By no bad ones, I'm assuming you're religious in good faith and not using religion as a cover. But since we're in this forum, I'm addressing concerns out of sincerity.

Knowing God is a path I've really started on pretty recently. I think you can be raised learning and reading but not seek it. Maybe you can, in not sure. I was exposed to it early, went away, came back and then really started thinking.

The really started thinking is my favorite part.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think at the end of the day there's no good and bad Christians. Kinda like politics, we tend to harp on one another and project on one another.

By no bad ones, I'm assuming you're religious in good faith and not using religion as a cover. But since we're in this forum, I'm addressing concerns out of sincerity.

Knowing God is a path I've really started on pretty recently. I think you can be raised learning and reading but not seek it. Maybe you can, in not sure. I was exposed to it early, went away, came back and then really started thinking.

View Quote

Are you following Christ Jesus?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been studying the rapture question for about 40 years, studying many, many books in addition to deep study of the relevant scriptures. I’ve gone back and forth a couple of times on if the rapture occurs at the start or end of the tribulation.

At present, I am leaning heavily towards pre-trib, but am not 100% certain. I believe the rapture theology, like hundreds of other prophecies, has a certain amount of “mystery” built into it for the express purpose of keeping us wondering.

Now why would the Lord not tell us straight up what is going to happen?  I’m not sure, but I can speculate.

The Lord has always put a premium on faith over knowledge, going back to Abraham, Noah, even Adam. This is a continuation of that.  If He spelled out exactly what was going to happen, then it would alter our behavior substantially, to the detriment of faith.  

For example, if we knew 100% that the rapture would be at the start of the tribulation, what would you do differently than at the mid point or end?  If I absolutely knew the rapture was pre, I wouldn’t have bought so much ammo.  And I would be evangelizing like crazy while there is still time.  If I knew it was at the end, I would spend much more on preps and trying to find ways to stay alive and evangelize my unsaved friends after the prophecies start to come true, enough to convince even their spiritually dead eyes it was real.

But I am certain of neither. So I witness to the unsaved when the Holy Spirit prompts me to, stack the ammo and food as deep as a reasonably can, and wait on the Lord to direct me.  

The end result is a growing of my faith, which I believe is more precious to Him than the knowledge of difficult scriptures.  Jesus said unless you have faith like these little ones, you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#25]
How can you say you are Christian but you don't believe in the second coming?

I cannot judge as to who is going will be the wheat separated from the chaff. What we KNOW is that Christ asked us to follow him. The Book of Revelation is referred to frequently in the Old Testament.

Christ will return.

Just so you understand:
Can you not believe: YES you are free to chose
Will you be judged on your Faith: YES we will
Were we warned about apathy and salt without tastes and not all who say His  Name will be recognized. Those words should send shivers down ever believers spine.

There is no time to be apathetic and cherry pick what you do and do not believe. It's very black and white: You believe in all of what Jesus said or you don't. That's it.
In the past people kind of meandered through their faith journey. But tomorrow is not promised. Not for anyone. Not the young or the old or the faithful.

And also may I suggest, that you PRAY to the HOLY SPIRIT to answer this question. There are some good folks on ARF who won't steer you wrong but SEEK THE LORD and the TRUTH.
These are prayers that always get answered and rapidly. SEEK THE TRUTH. In fact, I suspect you already knew the  right answer before you asked.
Don't wait to amend your life. Do it right now.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah for sure. 100% believe in Jesus, 100% appreciate his sacrifice, try to apply his teachings the best I can. I'm obviously imperfect.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#27]
The concept did not exist until John Darby invented it in 1830. It's not biblical.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#28]
The dangerous part of the rapture isn't when, but the part that there is seven years for those left behind to get right with God. There is NO second chance and quite frankly, the vast majority of Christians will not go to heaven. It ain't call the remnant church for nothing. There is no time mentioned in the Bible about how long the tribulation will last. Protestants have been searching for seven years ever since they screwed up the times of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy. They can only count to 69, I guess because there is no week that is "cut off" and put somewhere else in the future. Logically, it would be called the 69 week prophecy and there would be another prophecy called the one week prophecy probably in Revelation. Cut off was Jesus' ministry after 3 1/2 years and cut off was the ministry to the Jews after 3 1/2 years when they rejected the Gospel and stoned Steven. That is the missing, but it's right in front of everyone's face, seven years (1 week)  ymmv. I have very little faith in organized religion. Protestants think they are somehow different than the RRC church, when all their major beliefs actually came from that church. Look up Francisco Rabera if you want to see where the rapture first came from. Darby wasn't the guy who invented it, he made it famous. What other things did the Protestant churches copy from the RRC? What happens when we die, when and where we go when we die, the subject of hell, how long does one burn, different forms of baptism that don't involve immersion and one of the big ones, following the changed day of worship from the Biblical commandment, to a man made one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Look up Francisco Rabera if you want to see where the rapture first came from. Darby wasn't the guy who invented it, he made it famous. What other things did the Protestant churches copy from the RRC?
View Quote

No, Darby did invent it. Rabera had hints of it, but he never fully articulated the notion we now know as Rapture. Moreover, it is not accurate to say it started with the RCC because 1) Rabera was not acting in an official capacity for the Church. Therefore, it is just one man's opinion 2) The Church has never stated it believed in any doctrine like the Rapture as it is known today, and in fact, has disavowed any such ideas.

But yes, there are many things that the RCC and Protestants have in common.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No, Darby did invent it. Rabera had hints of it, but he never fully articulated the notion we now know as Rapture. Moreover, it is not accurate to say it started with the RCC because 1) Rabera was not acting in an official capacity for the Church. Therefore, it is just one man's opinion 2) The Church has never stated it believed in any doctrine like the Rapture as it is known today, and in fact, has disavowed any such ideas.

But yes, there are many things that the RCC and Protestants have in common.
View Quote
I always thought the RCC had quite a bit of it right, but it cracks me up when Protestants think they are so different. I think they even forgot what they were protesting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The dangerous part of the rapture isn't when, but the part that there is seven years for those left behind to get right with God. There is NO second chance and quite frankly, the vast majority of Christians will not go to heaven. It ain't call the remnant church for nothing. There is no time mentioned in the Bible about how long the tribulation will last. Protestants have been searching for seven years ever since they screwed up the times of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy. They can only count to 69, I guess because there is no week that is "cut off" and put somewhere else in the future. Logically, it would be called the 69 week prophecy and there would be another prophecy called the one week prophecy probably in Revelation. Cut off was Jesus' ministry after 3 1/2 years and cut off was the ministry to the Jews after 3 1/2 years when they rejected the Gospel and stoned Steven. That is the missing, but it's right in front of everyone's face, seven years (1 week)  ymmv. I have very little faith in organized religion. Protestants think they are somehow different than the RRC church, when all their major beliefs actually came from that church. Look up Francisco Rabera if you want to see where the rapture first came from. Darby wasn't the guy who invented it, he made it famous. What other things did the Protestant churches copy from the RRC? What happens when we die, when and where we go when we die, the subject of hell, how long does one burn, different forms of baptism that don't involve immersion and one of the big ones, following the changed day of worship from the Biblical commandment, to a man made one.
View Quote

*Stephen
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

*Stephen
View Quote
Tomato tomatoe
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tomato tomatoe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Stephen
Tomato tomatoe

Met a family once that was Stephenson, to mean son of Stephen. I just really enjoy last name history, wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything.

Similar to how Smith is so popular, because many people were Smiths (and there are many types of smiths) and how Johnson is popular for being a son of John biblically, etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Met a family once that was Stephenson, to mean son of Stephen. I just really enjoy last name history, wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything.

Similar to how Smith is so popular, because many people were Smiths (and there are many types of smiths) and how Johnson is popular for being a son of John biblically, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Stephen
Tomato tomatoe

Didn't take it that way. I screw up on a regular basis, because I rely on memory for spelling and almost everything else. It's a tarp.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah for sure. 100% believe in Jesus, 100% appreciate his sacrifice, try to apply his teachings the best I can. I'm obviously imperfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@WhiskersTheCat

J. C. Ryle (1816-1900)

Are you born again? This is one of life's most important questions. Jesus Christ said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

It is not enough to reply, "I belong to the church; I suppose I'm a Christian." Thousands of nominal Christians show none of the signs of being born again which the Scriptures have given us—many listed in the First Epistle of John.

First of all, John wrote: "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" (I John 3:9). "Whosoever is born of God sinneth not" (5:18).

A person who has been born again, or regenerated, does not habitually commit sin. He no longer sins with his heart and will and whole inclination. There was probably a time when he did not think about whether his actions were sinful or not, and he did not always feel grieved after doing evil. There was no quarrel between him and sin; they were friends. But the true Christian hates sin, flees from it, fights against it, considers it his greatest plague, resents the burden of its presence, mourns when he falls under its influence, and longs to be completely delivered from it. Sin no longer pleases him, nor is it even a matter of indifference to him; it has become a horrible thing which he hates. However, he cannot eliminate its presence within him.

If he said that he had no sin, he would be lying (I John 1:8). But he can say that he hates sin and that the great desire of his soul is not to commit sin at all. He cannot prevent bad thoughts from entering his mind, or shortcomings, omissions, and defects from appealing in both his words and his actions. He knows that "in many things we offend all" (James 3:2). But he can truly say, in the sight of God, that these things cause him grief and sorrow and that his whole nature does not consent to them. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Second, John wrote: "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" (I John 5:1).

A man who is born again, or regenerated, believes that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour who can pardon his soul, that He is the divine person appointed by God the Father for this very purpose, and beside Him there is no Saviour at all. In himself he sees nothing but unworthiness. But he has full confidence in Christ, and trusting in Him, he believes that his sins are all forgiven. He believes that, because he has accepted Christ's finished work and death on the cross, he is considered righteous in God's sight, and he may look forward to death and judgment without alarm.

He may have fears and doubts. He may sometimes tell you that he feels as if he had no faith at all. But ask him if he is willing to trust in anything instead of Christ, and see what he will say. Ask him if he will rest his hope of eternal life on his own goodness, his own works, his prayers, his minister, or his church, and listen to his reply. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Third, John wrote: "Every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him" (I John 2:29).

The man who is born again, or regenerated, is a holy man. He endeavors to live according to God's will, to do the things that please God and to avoid the things that God hates. He wishes to continually look to Christ as his example as well as his Saviour and to prove himself to be Christ's friend by doing whatever He commands. He knows he is not perfect. He is painfully aware of his indwelling corruption. He finds an evil principle within himself that is constantly warring against grace and trying to draw him away from God. But he does not consent to it, though he cannot prevent its presence.

Though he may sometimes feel so low that he questions whether or not he is a Christian at all, he will be able to say with John Newton, "I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am." What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Fourth, John wrote: "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren" (I John 3:14).

A man who is born again has a special love for all true disciples of Christ. Like his Father in heaven, he loves all men with a great general love, but he has a special love for those who share his faith in Christ. Like his Lord and Saviour, he loves the worst of sinners and could weep over them; but he has a peculiar love for those who are believers. He is never so much at home as when he is in their company.

He feels they are all members of the same family. They are his fellow soldiers, fighting against the same enemy. They are his fellow travelers, journeying along the same road. He understands them, and they understand him. They may be very different from himself in many ways—in rank, in station and in wealth. But that does not matter. They are his Father's sons and daughters and he cannot help loving them. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Fifth, John wrote: "Whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world" (I John 5:4).

A man who is born again does not use the world's opinion as his standard of right and wrong. He does not mind going against the world's ways, ideas and customs. What men think or say no longer concerns him. He overcomes the love of the world. He finds no pleasure in things which seem to bring happiness to most people. To him they seem foolish and unworthy of an immortal being.

He loves God's praise more than man's praise. He fears offending God more than offending man. It is unimportant to him whether he is blamed or praised; his first aim is to please God. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

Sixth, John wrote: "He that is begotten of God keepeth himself' (I John 5:18).

A man who is born again is careful of his own soul. He tries not only to avoid sin but also to avoid everything which may lead to it. He is careful about the company he keeps. He knows that evil communications corrupt the heart and that evil is more catching than good, just as disease is more infectious than health. He is careful about the use of his time; his chief desire is to spend it profitable.

He desires to live like a soldier in an enemy country—to wear his armor continually and to be prepared for temptation. He is diligent to be watchful, humble, prayerful man. What would the apostle say about you? Are you born again?

These are the six great marks of a born again Christian.

There is a vast difference in the depth and distinctness of these marks in different people. In some they are faint and hardly noticeable. In others they are bold, plain and unmistakable, so anyone may read them. Some of these marks are more visible than others in each individual. Seldom are all equally evident in any one person.

But still, after every allowance, here we find boldly painted six marks of being born of God.

How should we react to these things? We can logically come to only one conclusion—only those who are born again have these six characteristics, and those who do not have these marks are not born again. This seems to be the conclusion to which the apostle intended us to come. Do you have these characteristics? Are you born again?

There's more to being christian than appreciating what Christ did. We - including you - are not right with God (who is real, not merely a thought or a concept), and God can't accept anything less than absolute perfection in word, thought, and deed, and has to - because God would have to deny his God-hood to not - give justice to those not meeting that standard of absolute perfection. You can't offer anything to make up for this; your very best is a soiled rag (that goes for us all).   The sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for all who would realize their condition with God and believe that Christ (Christ means savior) died in their place takes the punishment those believers deserve, and Christ's perfect life is accounted as theirs.  

Christianity is not merely a philosophical system or thing to be appreciated and examined for what it is, it's real, it's live ... it's not a bit of interesting inert ordinance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top