Posted: 4/30/2022 7:36:54 AM EDT
go woke be unemployed

Company takes heat for opposing school gender identity law

Former spokeswoman for Michelle Obama will take over
frying pan, fire?

Link (paywall)

ByChristopher Palmeri
April 29, 2022, 3:44 PM CDTUpdated onApril 29, 2022, 4:51 PM CDT

Walt Disney Co.’s new head of corporate affairs, Geoff Morrell, is leaving after just three months on the job amid the furor over the company’s opposition to a Florida bill restricting discussion of sexual orientation in schools.

“It has become clear to me that for a number of reasons it is not the right fit,” Morrell said in a statement.

Kristina Schake, hired earlier this month, will replace him as head of communications, Disney said in a statement Friday. She is a former public relations director for Instagram and served as a spokeswoman for First Lady Michelle Obama. frying pan, fire?

Government relations will now be run by General Counsel Horacio Gutierrez.

Morrell, a former chief of communications at oil giant BP Plc and spokesman for the Pentagon, joined Disney in January, replacing longtime public relations chief Zenia Mucha, who retired.

Since then, Disney has become embroiled in one of its worst-ever public-relations crises, taking heat from critics on the left and right. Disney’s opposition to Florida legislation banning discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity in classrooms with kids third grade and younger prompted Governor Ron DeSantis and other Republicans to terminate a special municipal district the company has operated in Florida since the 1960s.

“I am not comfortable having one company with their own government and special privileges, when that company has pledged itself to attacking the parents in my state,” DeSantis said Thursday at a town hall meeting organized by Fox News. “Walt Disney would not want that. And so get back to the mission. Do what you did great.”

Disney’s troubles began in early March, when Chief Executive Officer Bob Chapek put out a statement saying the company wouldn’t take a position on the schools bill.

Company employees began publicly protesting the decision, and Chapek reversed course two days later, saying he’d work to get the legislation stopped.

With its Orlando resort and theme parks, Disney is one of Florida’s biggest employers, and is in the process of relocating about 2,000 workers there.

— With assistance by Nathan Crooks
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What’s more amazing to me is the number of members here who willingly and gleefully take their children to Disney parks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Kristina Schake, hired earlier this month, will replace him as head of communications, Disney said in a statement Friday. She is a former public relations director for Instagram and served as a spokeswoman for First Lady Michelle Obama
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s more amazing to me is the number of members here who willingly and gleefully take their children to Disney parks.
View Quote

Much, much this. Cannot be overstated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
So, because the CEO changed his mind again, it's time to fire the new guy for repeatedly following the CEO's orders.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we not intolerant and outraged enough?  Are we to match your level of zealotry?   Are we all supposed to be members of your political ideology?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are we not intolerant and outraged enough?  Are we to match your level of intolerant zealotry?   Are we all supposed to be members of your political ideology?
View Quote

Disney has been abusing kids since Annette Funicello

I wouldn't give them a penny out of my pocket either

And as far as corrupt business practices go,  they aren't called The Mickey Mafia" for nothing...and they've held that particular title a very long time
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And as far as corrupt business practices go,  they aren't called The Mickey Mafia" for nothing...and they've held that particular title a very long time
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we not intolerant and outraged enough?  Are we to match your level of intolerant zealotry?   Are we all supposed to be members of your political ideology?

What’s that got to do with me going on some rides?  Was I supposed to cancel culture?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are we not intolerant and outraged enough?  Are we to match your level of zealotry?   Are we all supposed to be members of your political ideology?
View Quote

To put it bluntly, no we're not. If you're not outraged about Disney teaching your kids this stuff and advocating against that law to appease the lunatic woke fringe in their company there's frankly something wrong with you.

I am amazed every day by the utterly craven behavior of some people. It's just entertainment and it's not even very good entertainment at this point.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Now fire the fuck who was crowing about “putting queerness into everything”.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What’s that got to do with me going on some rides?  Was I supposed to cancel culture?
View Quote

Its your money,  brother,  you can do anything you want

They're not getting a penny from me, and none for their communist "news" either,  ABC
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, because the CEO changed his mind again, it's time to fire the new guy for repeatedly following the CEO's orders.
View Quote

Yeah sounds like the scapegoat. The people who need to be fired are Bob Chapek and whatever their militant lesbian VP’s name is since she’s admitted to being the activist.

Edited to add: Also fire Kathleen Kennedy for murdering Luke Skywalker.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#12]
This tells me that they want to go to war.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jeez..what a …..
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
PR demands a sacrifice and the CEO ain't gonna fire himself.

The PR guy probably has a contract and is going to get paid for a while, fired or not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you're not outraged about
View Quote

"If you're not outraged about..." - left wing zealots

"If you're not outraged about..." - right wing zealots

#resist
#forthechildren
#easilytrolled
#ibakedmyiphoneintheoven
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not me..I'd have to take a mortgage out to just buy an ice cream there. Stupid prices.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not me..I'd have to take a mortgage out to just buy an ice cream there. Stupid prices.
View Quote
We took our kids to Indiana's "Holiday World" almost every year like good rednecks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

#resist
#forthechildren
#easilytrolled
#ibakedmyiphoneintheoven
View Quote

Exactly.  

It's all so tiring. I can't imagine how people get through the day believing the worst possible outcome will happen if something happens they don't like.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#19]
They should start with the bitch that killed Star Wars
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounded to me like he quit.  Read the beginning again.

@PepePewPew

"It has become clear to me that for a number of reasons it is not the right fit,” Morrell said in a statement."
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to send a donation to NAMBLA while you’re at it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 4yo wants to go. The last time I took her about a year ago, we kept getting accosted by mask nazi's. If I bought her a lolly-pop or popcorn, she'd have to sit in the overcrowded covid quarantine zone. I hated every second of it there.

And that was before they came out as child groomers!!

Were taking her someplace with dolphins this year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That will speed things up.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would thunk sexualization of children would be a non partisan political ideology….apparently not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck?

Dude, are you grooming somebody, because you talk like a registrant. Wow, I mean WOW....
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly.  

It's all so tiring. I can't imagine how people get through the day believing the worst possible outcome will happen if something happens they don't like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#resist
#forthechildren
#easilytrolled
#ibakedmyiphoneintheoven

Exactly.  

They want to block teaching first graders about gender mental illness and gay butt sex and Disney had a problem with that….what in the absolute fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

#resist
#forthechildren
#easilytrolled
#ibakedmyiphoneintheoven
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're not outraged about

#resist
#forthechildren
#easilytrolled
#ibakedmyiphoneintheoven

Basically willingly give your money to people who are actively trying to make your kids gay/transgender/fucked up so you can enjoy some rides

Its your cash, like was stated above, and if that's a fair tradeoff than good for you.  I will say that canceling those who want me dead or different is getting very tiresome but this instance is extremely visible and in your face

Your money and situation though
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit! Spot on ...
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I have to laugh at those who defend disney and its "wholesome" family oriented image.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is your referral code?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If he spends money at Disney, it is highly likely that he already has donated to NAMBLA.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's more amazing to me is the number of members here who willingly and gleefully take their children to Disney parks.
View Quote

The same folks that cut their Sunday visits to the park short so they can race back to the hotel to watch all the NFL games.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I couldn't keep all the monsters away from my kids..but I did not deliberately hand them over to monsters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Now fire the fuck who was crowing about “putting queerness into everything”.
View Quote

Exactly.
But I'm glad these idiots cant keep their mouths shut about their groomer pride.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your money to go on those rides is funding people who want you to go away. Unless your on team left.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We took our kids to Indiana's "Holiday World" almost every year like good rednecks.
View Quote

Same. I would be surprised if the family that own HW were 'woke'
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's the slippery slope we are headed down at full speed 'cause some folks refuse to believe that evil exists and that evil wants your kids.  I read here on arfcom many times "oh no, they just want marriage, after that it'll all be sunshine and lollipops.....pedos will never be legitimized yet, we have one as a President.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's more amazing to me is the number of members here who willingly and gleefully take their children to Disney parks.
View Quote
Or have cable?

ABCESPN (80% stake)
Touchstone Pictures
Marvel
Lucasfilm
A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Pixar
Hollywood Records
Vice Media (10% stake)
Core Publishing
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I see some of the resident disney apologists have entered the chat...

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

“It’s magical” ??
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep.
I'm always shocked at the number of adult couples who go there without kids. I know some that go every year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I took my kids to Disneyland last month for my oldest’s bday. They had the time of their lives, and there was zero sexual anything.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I knew a girl that worked at Disney for a few years.  She was a cast member, played a princess and did the performances and songs.  

She was a raving leftist Bernie supporter that lived on Reddit and constantly sought people to affirm whatever nutty delusions she was absorbing from Reddit that week.  

She still had tons of friends at Disney…I got the vibe she was in her element there.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Drop in the bucket compared to the number of members who pay for Disney+ because “Muh Mandalorian”

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kristina Schake, hired earlier this month, will replace him as head of communications, Disney said in a statement Friday. She is a former public relations director for Instagram and served as a spokeswoman for First Lady Michelle Obama

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Look at all of these government ties...
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

yep.
I'm always shocked at the number of adult couples who go there without kids. I know some that go every year.
View Quote

The most fun I ever had at Disney was with my wife and my siblings. I've been to every Disney with the exception of Shanghai and Paris with my kids. Tokyo Disney Sea was probably the best theme park I have ever been to.

Although Japanese people are kinda weird with their obsession about Disney, I've never seen anything even remotely sexual at any of their parks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

What % of the population fought in the revolutionary war? Civil war?

This is a Cold War, so it’s even less obvious because lead isn’t flying, so fewer will be compelled to fight.

I almost can’t blame them, almost. It’s one thing for myself to be cut off from “mainstream culture”, it’s another to cut your children off while all their friends are engaged in it. I know it’s not easy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

“It’s magical” ??
View Quote

It magically empties your fucking pockets for sure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes that has occurred to me too. However, as an almost 40 year stock holder, it is money in MY pocket. Though Disney did not pay a dividend in 2021 which was annoying. Guess they are saving their money to buy more woke propaganda.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top