Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I did with all three of my Dogs

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. We were living somewhere temporarily and we later buried her on my parents property in a spot where other furry family members were traditionally buried. For a marker i placed a cool old red brick salvaged from a 19th century building destroyed by fire that had melted glass covering the top.  That was the dog we had when all my kids were born, and the first pet they lost.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope. All buried on my property. Even the assigned work dogs.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Dig a deep hole in his favorite spot outside. It's just a body. Your friend is gone at that point. Save the $ for treats for your next dog when you're ready. Sorry to hear about your pup. Sorry about your pup. Spend some quality time while you still can.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, we put one of our bostons down on thursday and either she was getting buried or getting cremated.  I decided cremated so if we ever move again she can stay with us.  It was about $250 and I didn't even blink at the price, just said yes.  There is no way in hell my princess isn't coming home.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:39:52 AM EDT
[#6]
as coldair said:

I promise each dog when I get them that I will never leave them, and they will be with me till my last breath
View Quote

I take it further:

"Their cremains will be neatly deposited in their urns with me in MY CASKET when I go..."

I play by the same rules my K9s play with me:

FAITHFUL
UNTO
DEATH
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Miss Barbie, a 16 year old Lhasa Apso was cremated and rest in a sunny kitchen window awaiting our passing.

Mr. Bently, a 14 year old Shih Tzu will be treated the same at his passing.

Barbie was cremated at the local animal shelter but took more than 6 weeks before we were called to pick up her ashes.  $130 13 years ago.

Recently attended a friends services at a local FH and a sign there said they now did single pet cremations over night for $160
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#8]
All of ours.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Both my dogs got cancer and died in my arms.
They were both cremated and now rest in small boxes in a display cabinet.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Two dogs and a cat (20 y/o when he died) on my mantle now.  

Unfortunately we will be taking our 16 year old Rat Terrier in the morning to be put to sleep (final stage of kidney failure).

He will take his place in the same box with the others that he grew up with.  

Those that give us so much joy will always be with us.

ETA: RIP Petey.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#11]
One dog and one cat cremated. 2 previous pets I had the vet dispose of (and I regret that, but I was pretty upset both times). All other pets buried in back garden, it's full now, which is why we cremated the last 2. Expect to have more soon, as oldest dog is 14, and cat is 16 with health problems we are treating.

Need to get or make some nice urns for them, and put up a shelf.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
My and our most sincere sympathies. My hound mix battled lymphoma for over a year and passed away in 2020. I’ve had lots of dogs I’ve loved throughout my years and she’s the last one, for the time in decades I’m without a dog here.
I have buried everyone before, I prefer that as to me it seems there physical form is still here in a sense and in a place I can be and feel close in a way. But I knew with her I had to move from our land in the country so I didn’t have anywhere that was mine to bury her so we had her cremated. I really didn’t  know what to do with her ashes so they actually still sit in the back folded down seat of our truck where she road where they’ve sat since I got them with the exception of I did sprinkle a small amount of them down a narrow hold I dug over my German shepherds place of burial there. He was her mate and so I did feel good about at least doing that.
Bless yall and hold on to the time yall have left together here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.   My buddy Barrett.   Raised him since he was 6 weeks old. He went blind at 9.  We caught the bone cancer at 12 but the vet said it was too late to treat it successfully and that there was nothing that could be done to save him.  That was one of the worst days of my life making the decision to put my buddy down.  And he was stubborn to the end, the vet prepared a 2nd dose of the euthanasia drug because the original dose was taking so long to take effect.

It has been 7 months and I still miss by buddy.   But I know I'll meet him again at Rainbow Bridge

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#14]
This is something that is never easy. We have buried and cremated over the years. This year alone we lost 3 of our senior pack members which we cremated. RIP

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, 7 so far and another that may not last until Christmas

They are all nicely arranged on a book case in the living room, in small wood boxes, with a couple of pictures

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top