Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 10:35:33 AM EDT
The data comes from Associated Press, so take it with a grain of salt.

Why Catholic Bishops got BILLION$ in Taxpayer COVIDCash for...Shutting Down Churches
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of some type of grants or the like being given to some bishops, but I would be shocked if it was anywhere near "billions". Still, the corruption of the USCCB is not to be underestimated.

Any spiritual revival of the Church will most likely only come from the parish level.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hope they enjoy their bag of silver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep reflecting on this. Our priests have turned into men of the world. They do not grasp or strive for the Supernatural, which God is. Great than nature.

Don't they fear for their souls? They will be held to such a higher degree!!

Please pray for your priests and their souls. I am sure they are under horrendous attacks. Just think of the attacks we receive as being Christian fathers. They have all those priesly Graces. They target #1.

My Lord forgive us and them......
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Those are quite the offerings our government made.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The Dems gotta try to stave off any criticism toward Biden, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best way to recruit players is show them your deep pockets.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I understand, vast majority of money went to Catholic schools under the pay check protection to pay teachers who were unable to teach while schools were closed, unlike public school teachers who were paid by taxpayers for not teaching and now their unions do not want them to go back to the classroom, but to keep drawing their salaries.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Our church never shut down, went to mass again this Sunday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From what I understand, vast majority of money went to Catholic schools under the pay check protection to pay teachers who were unable to teach while schools were closed, unlike public school teachers who were paid by taxpayers for not teaching and now their unions do not want them to go back to the classroom, but to keep drawing their salaries.
View Quote

The archdiocese of Boston had almost $200,000,000 in funds on hand *before* receiving ppp.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Our church never shut down, went to mass again this Sunday.
View Quote

That's great.  May God bless your bishop and pastor.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know for sure and don't have time to watch the whole thing. But if they did get money it was probably better spent than some other SJW project.

But what really sucks is how the gov was able to shut churches down, while allowing other things that were not really needed to go on. It differed from state to state and even city to city. And between shutting down church and school for a year, there are going to be a whole class or two of children that are going to have a hard time making up for the loss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top