Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 11:25:43 PM EDT
Reich Labour Service?

Just read on page 22 of Arno Sauer's In the Hell of the Eastern Front that all girls and boys had to serve.  This is the only book that I've seen that in (and you guys know I read a lot).  

I know later in the war people were pressed into digging defenses because the Aryan Superman could not defend the reich against the Allies.  In the closing months of the war even childen (boys & girls) were given guns and told to die for that madman.  Those who refused were hung by the Nazis.

(BTW, I read one account where the villagers were angry for having some children hung.  When the Americans came, the villagers dug a ditch, dump the gauleiter into in and buried him alive in cow sh*t.  Fitting for a Nazi.  In another incident once the Nazis left, the villagers disarmed the boys, spanked them and told them to go home and be children).
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think women has compulsory service.  The Nazi regime was pretty socially conservative.  Towards the end it was all hands on deck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Was told at another forum that the women could enter the Reich Arbeitsdienst but I'm unsure what they would do?  Play nurse or Red Cross at Home?  I know a lot of that happened later in WW 2.

I told the story already elsewhere.  A trainload of wounded German soldiers was coming back from the Eastern Front.  A one arm soldier calls out to the nurse, "Hey nurse.  I'm right handed and have lost my right arm.  How do I wipe my arse?"  She coolly replied, "With your right foot."  The soldier was stunned and asked, "Do you think that is possible?"  She replied, "The Fuhrer said that for the German soldier, nothing is impossible, nothing!"  Lotsa laughs from other wounded soldiers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top