Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2021 7:59:20 PM EDT
Seems like that would be an easier out than running off to Canadia or pretending you're a poofter
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seems like that would be an easier out than running off to Canadia or pretending you're a poofter
View Quote
A fair percentage of WW2 draftees were rejected " 4F " for  being UNDERWeight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I think private Pyle answers you question
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
We didn't have fat people last time there was a draft
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Full Metal Jacket - What the fuck is that
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes they did and if they couldn't hack it they got sent to "The Fat Farm" where they worked it off until they could join the next cycle of basic...at least in the Army back in 1967 at Ft Campbell,KY

and having seen what they were going through...you had to feel sorry for them...it was grueling and cruel but they shed the weight pretty fast...and toughened right up...at least the ones that didn't die I suppose...
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Andre The Giant was drafted into the French army, and when he showed up they said "Nope....excused"
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
There were certainly fat guys in WWII and Korea.  A fat fuck named David Bleak killed several Chinese (a couple with his bare hands) while carrying wounded.  I don't think that guys that served with him really cared much that he was fat.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Was Gardener drafted?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Jimmy Stewart was initially rejected by the Air Corps for being underweight. He was so intent on enlisting that he had one of the studio personal trainers help him get up to weight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was Gardener drafted?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Miss USA 1973 was an unmodified biological woman too!

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes they did and if they couldn't hack it they got sent to "The Fat Farm" where they worked it off until they could join the next cycle of basic...at least in the Army back in 1967 at Ft Campbell,KY

and having seen what they were going through...you had to feel sorry for them...it was grueling and cruel but they shed the weight pretty fast...and toughened right up...at least the ones that didn't die I suppose...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting

Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/6b/65/486b65229d838c1c0066dba3be641196.jpg

She got a meaty pussy tho.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Their was just so little obesity outside of those too old for draft anyway. At least the "general draft" of your typical 18 - 25 yr old. Who knows I'm sure their was someone, a unicorn somewhere. Underweight and medical was the main issue coming out of the Great Depression and with rationing going on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Fat people were so rare there are literally no fat people pics in my parents photo albums and very few in my HS yearbooks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesn’t it really depend though? I’ve seen some fat guys that can move while I’ve seen skinny guys out of breath for the simplest task.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fat people were so rare there are literally no fat people pics in my parents photo albums and very few in my HS yearbooks.
View Quote

I understand that. What I'm saying is if someone wanted to dodge the draft and just went all King-Size Homer and gained a couple hundred pounds.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, my grandpa tried to sign up for the Navy in the summer of 41 after he graduated high school, but they wouldn't take him because he was too skinny.  He tried again a year later and the requirements had loosened somewhat, so he got in.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, we had like one token fat kid in the whole school.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
a jelly doughnut ?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o
View Quote

///eye twitch///
///eye twitch///
///eye twitch///
///eye twitch///

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#22]
if I remember correctly overweight was the number one reason for draft rejection.  not sure what the scale was or how fat you had to be.  we did have some draftees that were heavy so I'm thinking you had to be pretty fat to hit the 4f mark
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Private Pyle looks like an Olympic athlete by today's stabdards.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#24]
They were sent to OCS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#25]
That's the amusing thought of world war three isn't it?

That there will be tens of thousands of obese and morbidly obese people drafted in western nations to fight the swarms of Chinese communist ubermenchen swarming towards us.

Of course it's far more likely that we all get obliterated by nuclear weapons before it gets to that point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Marine Corps has remedial platoons as well, for both fat and strength.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Plenty of people got rejected for malnutrition iirc

Food wasn't as cheap and plentiful
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
My father volunteered during the draft and told me if you were overweight they sent you to the fat camp or fat farm or something.  Special unit to get people lean, I guess (not .mil).

He would chuckle and tell me they'd be getting yelled at/smoked/etc. and made to lay on their backs and hold their arms and legs in the air and say "clank, clank, I'm a baby tank."

lmao
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn sure did. Summer, 1969, Ft Benning, Harmony Church. About the third or fourth day in formation the Senior DI walked through the platoon. He started selecting fat boys. Pulled out about five or six. From that point on all fat boys were called out for extra PT several times a day. In order to get in line for the mess hall you had to do do 50 push ups, 50 set ups, run dodge jump, rope climb, monkey bars, and low crawl. if you couldn't then back to the end of the line. Fat boys of course had no chance. Got smoked bad. Maybe ten minutes before chow closed they were run into the mess hall with DIs shouting "Fat Boys coming". The mess hall staff started shouting it too. When the fat boys got to the chow line all they got was salad. Then a few minutes later "Fat Boys outside" was shouted and off they went low crawling around the mess hall.

After about three weeks there weren't any more fat boys.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
if I remember correctly overweight was the number one reason for draft rejection.  not sure what the scale was or how fat you had to be.  we did have some draftees that were heavy so I'm thinking you had to be pretty fat to hit the 4f mark
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Interesting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's all hair... 1973 .....
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interesting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it was 1973. It's probably all hair.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's all hair... 1973 .....
View Quote

Quoted:

Well it was 1973. It's probably all hair.
View Quote

Honestly that's worse
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#36]
My Dad was 6’ 1” and a whole 140 pounds when he joined the USAF in 1961. Lanky, outdoor working cowboy like his whole family.
He never weighed more than 180.

I played football in HS at 215, wrestled 196.
I wasn’t in any way fat, but a modern diet was so much better and muscular development was much greater.

The problem is when guys stop working out and they turn to jelly. Or, they never work out and eat crap and live their lives as jelly donuts…

Most of my Dad’s generation just didn’t have that option.

Guy I went to HS with became a Marine F18 WSO.
He said his job when he wasn’t flying was to “run fat Marines skinny.” I always LOL’d at that.
He was a tough wiry guy who came back from the Yugoslav war with a great gun cam tape of his missions. Went on to be CO of Miramar. Real nice family.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Remember working with an artsy lib dude years ago he was short  kinda dumpy shape. We were talking about weight he said he once weighed 250lbs I called bullshit he admitted he did it to get out of the draft.

Patriots hate him! How he got out of the draft with one easy trick.......
F**king guy was dipping sticks of butter into a bowl of sugar and eating him self 4f (or whatever the .mil term for not fit for the draft)

I thought he was fooling but he was totally serious. I couldn't believe someone would go to that extreme. He did seem like the type who wouldn't make it in military life.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Private Pyle looks like an Olympic athlete by today's stabdards.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Just this guy…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Not only did they get drafted, they were dragged kicking and screaming through boot camp.

Nobody got singled out more than the fat guys for abuse. Oh, guess who gets to carry the heaviest stuff......
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#41]
My squad leader told us that every morning a Drill Sergeant would wake him up an hour before everyone else “ Davis, you’re faaaat, get up for PT.

He ran for an hour before the platoon rolled out for their PT, then did the regular PT.

I had a guy in my basic platoon that had to go get new pants every other week. He was fat when we started.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That wasn't unknown during WW II. Great Depression era young men were very undernourished or malnourished.
Quoted:
Damn sure did. Summer, 1969, Ft Benning, Harmony Church. About the third or fourth day in formation the Senior DI walked through the platoon. He started selecting fat boys. Pulled out about five or six. From that point on all fat boys were called out for extra PT several times a day. In order to get in line for the mess hall you had to do do 50 push ups, 50 set ups, run dodge jump, rope climb, monkey bars, and low crawl. if you couldn't then back to the end of the line. Fat boys of course had no chance. Got smoked bad. Maybe ten minutes before chow closed they were run into the mess hall with DIs shouting "Fat Boys coming". The mess hall staff started shouting it too. When the fat boys got to the chow line all they got was salad. Then a few minutes later "Fat Boys outside" was shouted and off they went low crawling around the mess hall.

After about three weeks there weren't any more fat boys.
View Quote

Sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#43]
They most certainly did draft fat guys. One guy in my platoon lost 80 lbs.  The ones who couldn’t keep up went to the PCP (physics conditioning platoon) aka, “The Fat Farm” until they met standards.  We also had a medical hold company where you recuperated from injuries or ailments and were put back in the training cycle.

The bigger problem we’re the “retards”; and I use that word because it is a kind way to describe them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Interesting

View Quote

The pic is from '74. I think its bush.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Interesting

View Quote

Go on...
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Go on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting

Go on...

In hindsight, fuck that commie bitch.

"Jones took on her responsibilities on her terms. Unlike previous titleholders, Jones was an outspoken supporter of Women's Lib and had marched in peace rallies.[2] She declared she was pro-choice on abortion and against the Vietnam War."
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Old man said fat dudes got drafted & if they couldn't keep up they got sent to fat camp.
They stayed there till next boot rotation and tried again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, my grandpa tried to sign up for the Navy in the summer of 41 after he graduated high school, but they wouldn't take him because he was too skinny.  He tried again a year later and the requirements had loosened somewhat, so he got in.
View Quote

I was 4 pounds under the minimum weight for the Army when I enlisted.  The Dr. at MEPS asked me if I thought I could cut it and I said yes so he signed off for me.  In Basic I always got the fat guys deserts to try to gain weight and the Drill Sgt's always told me to eat bread.  It didn't work.  I was skinny until around 30 when I finally started to put on weight.   Though I'm still told I'm skinny and I'm 6'3" and 218 pounds.

I still remember the Drill Sgt's yelling, "Fox get over here!"   "Yes Drill Sgt!"   "You get the fat guys deserts, get back in the chow line and eat up you need to gain weight."

It was fucking awesome because I was always hungry in basic.  My metabolism was a Ferrari compared to others.

I also got a lot of shit by some for being so skinny.  They stopped laughing when I out road marched their asses and I could climb the rope without using my legs/feet.  I grew up ranching and working hard so I had a lot more strength than my size indicated.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There were certainly fat guys in WWII and Korea.  A fat fuck named David Bleak killed several Chinese (a couple with his bare hands) while carrying wounded.  I don't think that guys that served with him really cared much that he was fat.
View Quote

For those who don't know.
President Dwight D Eisenhower awards Medal of Honor to Sgt David B Bleak for hero...HD Stock Footage
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top