Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 1:33:01 PM EDT
https://deutscheoptik.com/20-Liter-Jerry-Can-SINGLE-CAN.html

Are these legit? Civilian market cans seem to be shit now days. Kinda spendy but free shipping on 4 pack. Do you just get a couple spouts and some extra gaskets? Getting a spout for each can really drives the price up.

Reviews online look good. There were several arf threads in the Google results but clicking them just takes u to the main gd page.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Are these legit? Civilian market cans seem to be shit now days. Kinda spendy but free shipping on 4 pack. Do you just get a couple spouts and some extra gaskets? Getting a spout for each can really drives the price up.

Reviews online look good. There were several arf threads in the Google results but clicking them just takes u to the main gd page.
View Quote

Polish cans are good shit. I recall paying 20$ for em.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You only need 1 spout. Swap it to each can as you need it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a set of these 10-11 years ago and they are bulletproof.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I second this recommendation. These are the real wavian cans.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]

That is a solid deal. I bought 5 from them about two years ago for $220.

Mine are marked wavian. I got one donkey dick and it works good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Nice. I'm assuming these are the same thing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had 4, for 3 or 4 years and don’t have any problems.

I purchased a nozzle but it was a pain to use, now I just use a super siphon hose.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I figured. Thinking 4 20s, 2 10s, 1 5, and 2 spouts and gasket kits would be a good starter kit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]

I bought the exact same ones. I got one rigid spout and one flexible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

14 years and 45K+ posts here and you post that.

One would think the 2 is 1 and 1 is none mantra would have been second nature by now.

I have 7 cans, 3 spouts, and a few extra gaskets myself.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a pair and they are well made, better than the polish cans (I have a couple of them also, they are ok). The original “short” spouts were best. The camping action on the longer spouts that are now offered fail to lock in tight... or maybe that’s just the couple I have. Polish cans are a darker olive drab.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are gtg.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are good, avoid the Chinese knock offs like, well the plague.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the German ones, but they don't have standard gaskets so I made my own. They also have this red fuel proof coating on the inside. I think I got them at Sportsman's Guide like 10 years ago. They are great, nothing leaks - ever
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bought a set of these 10-11 years ago and they are bulletproof.

View Quote

This.  I bought 4 and they are still a strong as ever.  buy extra gaskets.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#18]
We used to have a "Gas Can Oracle" thread at the surv. forum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#19]

I've got some of these as well- gtg.  Make sure that you get the vented style, not the retarded California style that doesn't have a vent and that the nozzle is designed to mate with that vent.  You want the free flowing spouts as well, not more retarded Cali stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Ordered a full set of cans and spare parts from the wiring fire guys. What are people doing for stabilizer these days? Is stabil still the standard?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just be aware that, last I checked, standard spouts don't fit.   So you wouldn't be able to use an adaptor to hook directly to your generator (if your generator has a fuel pump)  

http://lexingtoncontainercompanysonlinestore.mybigcommerce.com/jerry-can-adapter-1-tube/

Also: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/FUEL-CAN-ORACLE/17-643480/?page=1

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ordered a full set of cans and spare parts from the wiring fire guys. What are people doing for stabilizer these days? Is stabil still the standard?
View Quote

I keep mine filled with non-ethanol gas.  Sometimes I go 4-5 year before using the fuel. For these longer times, I'll mix some in when filling up my truck.  No stabilizer, no problemo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just be aware that, last I checked, standard spouts don't fit.   So you wouldn't be able to use an adaptor to hook directly to your generator (if your generator has a fuel pump)  

http://lexingtoncontainercompanysonlinestore.mybigcommerce.com/jerry-can-adapter-1-tube/

Also: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/FUEL-CAN-ORACLE/17-643480/?page=1

View Quote

Nice. Do you put the pump down in the jerry-cans? I have a 7k watt honda with the cart style set up with the 5 gallon tank on top. Im pretty sure it doesn't have a fuel pump and just gravity feeds.

I ordered my cans from the rover place and it says they're made by valpro. Not sure if these are the Polish made ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone thinking of ordering from Duetsche Optic must expect zero customer service.  I ordered many of their NATO gas cans, and had one split in a very odd location.  I tried to have the can warrantied as it was still fairly new.  The guy I spoke with said he would ship a new can to me as it was an obvious manufacturing defect.

I waited and waited, and nothing ever showed up.  After a while, I contacted them and a very bitchy woman said I would never get a replacement because she believed that it was my gas can holder that caused the leak.  She would not listen to any amount of level headed reasoning or look at any high resolution photos..

I put a different gas can in the same gas can holder years ago, and I haven't sprung a leak yet, which proves that it was not the carrier.  Also the carrier does not even touch the area of the original can that did spring the leak, but she wouldn't hear any of that.  My only recourse is to tell others what a bitch their customer service manager is, and how she overturns the promises made by their other customer service representatives and won't even have the courtesy to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#25]
The ones I picked up a few years back from Roverparts are Polish.    All thanks to the big thread someone linked earlier, certainly didn't find these on my own.

I went with ethanol-free gas (easy to find in the mountain west at Maverik stations) and Stabil.   Filled up a few just before the lockdowns last March, will use and replenish this March.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]

I just ordered another set of these, thanks for the reminder as I have been thinking of getting another set. I had the previous set for years and they are great. I transport fuel in an SUV and no smell at all (unless I spill it down the side )

The cans are are on sale now through 1/18 - regularly $170 on sale for $150
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nice. Do you put the pump down in the jerry-cans? I have a 7k watt honda with the cart style set up with the 5 gallon tank on top. Im pretty sure it doesn't have a fuel pump and just gravity feeds.
View Quote

No external fuel pump. My Honda EU2200 has a fuel pump on board and will suck gas from the jerry can.  

Just swapping jerry cans is much safer than refueling a hot generator during an extended power outage.  Also no down time.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What are people doing for stabilizer these days? Is stabil still the standard?
View Quote

These NATO cans are air tight.   They will keep E10 for YEARS without stabil.  

No air exchange means no volatiles evaporating and no water being soaked up by ethanol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I just ordered another set of these, thanks for the reminder as I have been thinking of getting another set. I had the previous set for years and they are great. I transport fuel in an SUV and no smell at all (unless I spill it down the side )

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So I'm just gonna ask, it says on their website that "Fed law prohibits the use of this container for the storage of fuel".  The cans also say only usable for non potable water storage....aren't these "gas cans"?  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So I'm must gonna ask, it says on their website that "Fed law prohibits the use of this container for the storage of fuel".  The cans also say only usable for non potable water storage....aren't these "gas cans"?  What am I missing?
View Quote
They have to say that in order to make them legal to sell. They are the exact same cans used by NATO for fuel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:57:37 AM EDT
[#31]
another 4 pack would put me at 20 cans total.....

the wife is going to kill me if she has to trip over any more fuel cans in the garage
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:21:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

the wife is going to kill me if she has to trip over any more fuel cans in the garage
View Quote

You might want to put those in an outbuilding or trailer.

Look at what your homeowners insurance says about storing gas in the house.

I moved all my fuels to my cargo trailer.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Valpro/Wavian > GELG > .................Chinesium can
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#34]
These look just like the polish cans I bought several years ago. Never had any issues with them. They were a lot cheaper then.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:56:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i hear what your saying.
they are on a nicely built rack in the out garage.
fire fighting for 20 years 10 professionally
not too worried, just like all the other shit i have no control over.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#36]
So another question....it seems a lot of you guys are trying to store gas that doesn't have ethanol....Where I live it seems like all the gas stations have 10% ethanol.  What's the downside?  Does it do something to the cans?

I hope not, I just filled two of them....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I have 8 of them.

I can never seem to get the spouts to work without leaking, so I use a siphon transfer hose.

I do use 4 for non-ethanol and the other 4 for 10% eth gas.  I try to only store for one year or less before rotating the fuel thru my vehicles.

I try to have about 100 gallons on hand during hurricane season and the off chance of snow(LOL!!) in SC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top