User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/20/2021 12:07:14 AM EDT
Describe only the good things that come into your mind about your mother
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant think of anything negative about my mom. Love her and miss her dearly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
She had an ass like a tortoise.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
She did her best to make something tasty out of all the nasty ducks I shot, and she could wield a Hot wheel track at a boys ass like no other.
RIP Mom. I miss you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Leon:  My mother? Let me tell you about my mother...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
She's dead. And rotted. (hopefully, anyways)
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wow. Sorry.

I have nothing but good memories of my Mom.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow. Sorry.

View Quote
Sadly, not all do.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow. Sorry.

View Quote

It's alright. Honestly, I appreciate the fact that most people have a good to great set of memories for their families. Not everybody had a happy childhood.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Intuitive, smart, cooked the best spaghetti, witty, enjoyed life.

I miss her.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]
My mother? Let me tell ya about my mother.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#12]
My mom is awesome
I didn't always see it
But she always was
And gets better with age.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
She's where my White ancestry comes from....

Her being who she was is what taught me a lot about what I don't wanna be...

I got the ambition to work in an office cuz seeing her work in a bank...

Through dealing with her God is teaching me compassion and patience...

Thank God she birthed me on U.S. soil...I do appreciate her doing that much..

Sometimes I think she did what she "thought" was best for us, even though I think she'll never get the difference between "maintaining" and "raising" a child...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#14]
They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Fried chicken in cast iron skillet, Tx sheet cake w/ chocolate icing that had pecans in it.  A whoopin with a wooden spoon or hair brush.  Till we see each other again.....I'm almost as old as she was when she had her stroke in '93.  It's been more years without than with.  Hug you moms for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Holden wasn't as good as Deckard... didn't suspect the COP 357 Derringer ready to blast him from under the table.
He can breathe ok, as long as no one unplugs him.

Always watch their hands.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Sacrifices made to benefit those she loved, could make something tasty from sawdust if pressed,  still posessed a youthful voice and attitude while suffering more than Job in the Bible, was always there to listen and gave really great hugs. I was fortunate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
A man?

A police...man?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Holden wasn't as good as Deckard... didn't suspect the COP 357 Derringer ready to blast him from under the table.
He can breathe ok, as long as no one unplugs him.

Always watch their hands.
View Quote

THATS THE SPIRIT!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:44:43 AM EDT
[#20]
She can run a tractor better than anyone. And cook better than anyone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Everything...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Wake up! Time to die!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's alright. Honestly, I appreciate the fact that most people have a good to great set of memories for their families. Not everybody had a happy childhood.
View Quote
Yeah, some women should never have kids. My ex-motherinlaw was one. I mean no disrespect to my ex-wife with that comment.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#25]
She made an awesome roast beef. She was a good mother most of the time. She did have her days though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#26]
other than she gave birth to me and my brother i got nothin
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#27]
There is nothing better than a good mother...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Your eyes!

If only you could see what I have seen through your eyes!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#29]
My mom has Lewy body dementia. She no longer remembers who the mean man who bosses her around is (my dad...super patient caregiver), she doesn't know who my sister is (who lives next door and is constantly looking after her)...but she remembers me.

She remembers me even though I live a thousand miles away and only see her twice a year, or so. Even though her normal gait is a hunched over shuffle, she'll practically run to see me and to give me a hug when I visit. She tries to give me various things she finds around the house, just random knickknacks. She'll bring me plate of animal crackers and grapes...because that's about all she can "cook" these days.

She struggles to find the simplest of words and phrases, but the little bit of mom that is still there manages to show love. Thanks, mom!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wake up! Time to die!
View Quote

Time... enough.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wow. Sorry.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. Sorry.

Same here.
Dad, OTOH...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#32]
She tried her best.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My mom has Lewy body dementia. She no longer remembers who the mean man who bosses her around is (my dad...super patient caregiver), she doesn't know who my sister is (who lives next door and is constantly looking after her)...but she remembers me.

She remembers me even though I live a thousand miles away and only see her twice a year, or so. Even though her normal gait is a hunched over shuffle, she'll practically run to see me and to give me a hug when I visit. She tries to give me various things she finds around the house, just random knickknacks. She'll bring me plate of animal crackers and grapes...because that's about all she can "cook" these days.

She struggles to find the simplest of words and phrases, but the little bit of mom that is still there manages to show love. Thanks, mom!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:15:25 AM EDT
[#34]
She taught me how to 'whip an apple' in a car.

Other than that, she didn't give me much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Always provided a sense of well being, and stableness. Even during my trying times. Has always been there for me no matter what level our relationship was on. And made a mean motherfucking Sunday dinner!

She's 83 now, I know I have limited time with her. So have forgiven all the crazy bullshit over the years. And there were many.

I Love My Mom! Even though she is a crazy moonbat commie from California. I have hope she will see the light, before she see's the light!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Baking with her on cold Ohio days.  She was an excellent baker, and cook in general.  She taught me almost everything I know about baking and think of her fondly everytime I bake for family and friends.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Skunkeye

I had a good friend of mine pass recently who had Lewy Body Dementia.
Hit him like a train and it took a few years to take him...but he was never the same.

I feel for you brother.  It's a tough disease.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only very minor things.  She was a decent cook but didn't really like to, l think.  But then dad could not stand anything remotely spicy so maybe that's why everything was so bland.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:36:47 AM EDT
[#39]
OP, if you’re not Cop, you’re Little People.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#40]
My mom was cursed with being bipolar and an alcoholic. And I hated her through much of my youth. But looking back there was no way I would of graduated high school without her kicking me in the ass and sucking up to the school board.

Watching her wither away in a hospice bed dying of cancer was a shitty time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:37:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Brutally blunt.

Viciously intelligent.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, sure.

My mom is the smartest person I know.

She has her weaknesses. Nobody’s perfect.

But she’s always been my intellectual mountain.

There wasn’t a single question I could stump her on. She just always knew. She’s read easily 1000 books. And her gift of vocabulary served me well in my youth.

Lol the 70s were pretty great

She’s always been there for me. Even when I didn’t deserve it. ESPECIALLY, when I didn’t deserve it. And she was was the one that taught me to quit after you die.

I have plenty of negative things to say about her. But you’ll never hear it.

She’s a goddess among men and only matched by my father, who is an exceptional man.

I’m proud to be her son

Love you mom.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Kind, loyal, and beautiful.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:44:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Ive never met my real mother. At least not at an age I can remember.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I have never met a more singularly focused person.

I only wish I'd been able to stand up for all aspects of my self, to have been supported by that focus.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#46]
All my memories of my mother are good. Some are funny. But all are comforting to reflect upon.
She was very quick-witted and probably the wisest person I have ever known.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Too bad she won't live......but then again who does?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Finding fresh kittens and taming them.
Good times.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#49]
She made holidays, birthdays, everyday wonderful. She just passed last month and I miss her terribly! I have been busy scanning in hundreds of photographs to share them with family and friends. Love you Mom!

Mom and little HTHF.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Mine was the best.  I loved her and she loved me.  I knew it, she knew it and I still grieve her daily 14 years after her death.

It took about 30 years of life experience and having my own children to fully comprehend what a truly awesome set of parents I was born too.

I have been truly saddened by some of the stories I have read here over the years.  Makes me feel like I was one of the luckiest kids ever born.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top