Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2021 1:39:41 PM EDT
I have a square wall behind my dining room table and I've been looking for the right print or bit of artsy fluff to fill it.  I finally decided on what I want to do.  I have a seascape that I took years ago down in Palm Beach.  Just sand, sky, trees, and ocean.  A bit of driftwood in it.

This photo is kind of special because way back when, I was given an old Canon 35mm camera as a gift.  It my very first SLR, and really shooting with it convinced me to get away from the digital point-n-shoot and into a decent DSLR.

What's a decent, not-too-expensive website that I can get it printed out as a poster-ish sized print?  Or a canvas wrap?  Or whatever?  Just something to hang behind my dining room table?  

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on how big, the Evil Walmart...
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a square wall behind my dining room table and I've been looking for the right print or bit of artsy fluff to fill it.  I finally decided on what I want to do.  I have a seascape that I took years ago down in Palm Beach.  Just sand, sky, trees, and ocean.  A bit of driftwood in it.

This photo is kind of special because way back when, I was given an old Canon 35mm camera as a gift.  It my very first SLR, and really shooting with it convinced me to get away from the digital point-n-shoot and into a decent DSLR.

What's a decent, not-too-expensive website that I can get it printed out as a poster-ish sized print?  Or a canvas wrap?  Or whatever?  Just something to hang behind my dining room table?  

View Quote

Costco is Probobly king here.

I have had nothing but great experiences with their photo lab with both canvas and metal prints. My 24 MP D7200 made a great triptych that’s Probobly 4 feet by 3 feet. Think it was $200 or so?
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Nations lab for prints that I don't want to get from Walmart. If a person orders a print from my website it comes from Bay photo.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Digital or film?

What size print?

What level of quality is acceptable?

What is "expensive" for your budget?

I can't help you with film printers as I switched to all digital back in 2002 and have long since scanned all my negatives.

Costco Photo Center has competitive prices for what I consider good (though not fine art) quality. Their canvas prints are also in that "good" quality range (at least the few I've gotten). Walmart seems to be in a similar bucket as Costco, but with fewer print sizes.

For quality prints that I provide to clients or as gifts, I go to either Bay Photo or White House Custom Colour. They provide a very wide range of papers, sizes, finish styles, and mounting options. They are not "cheap" and they both provide top quality products.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I use redbubble.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/prdubi/explore

Some of the posters I have made.

Not sure if I will be doing a CoC violation but my most popular item and photo I did is my AMD65 training poster.

The dragunov is another one.

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Aspen Creek Photo. Not the cheapest but the quality is excellent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top