Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 5:38:17 AM EDT
I know its an echo chamber here but it still makes me laugh.  Hollywierd doesn't get it or refuses to get it.

With the new Ghosbusters coming out I can't help but think back to Leslie Jones rant basically calling everyone who didn't support the female reboot sexist etc.

Same thing with the Charlie's Angels reboot.

It's not about if the lead is a woman or not...It's about if the script is good!
Movies like Wonder Woman, Atomic Blonde , The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo etc.
All movies that show girl power etc ....There's a difference....The films were good!

When your A list material is queefing jokes? Yeah your movie is doomed.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They don't care. They just churn out SJW laden bullshit and you're supposed to like it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know its an echo chamber here but it still makes me laugh.  Hollywierd doesn't get it or refuses to get it.

With the new Ghosbusters coming out I can't help but think back to Leslie Jones rant basically calling everyone who didn't support the female reboot sexist etc.

Same thing with the Charlie's Angels reboot.

It's not about if the lead is a woman or not...It's about if the script is good!
Movies like Wonder Woman, Atomic Blonde , The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo etc.
All movies that show girl power etc ....There's a difference....The films were good!

When your A list material is queefing jokes? Yeah your movie is doomed.

View Quote

While I agree 100% they say we like the movies in Bold above because the man character is sexualized. GWTDT almost could make it if she didn't have the multiple sex scenes. Didn't really add to the story in my mind. Also didn't mind watching them either

It's a totally different view point for those on the left. They think if a women is sexualized she isn't a good female role model. Of course there is much to be said about the left and lack of logic
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't care. They just churn out SJW laden bullshit and you're supposed to like it.
View Quote
And they forget about the power we have as consumers.

Remember the film MRS SLOANE aka the film that was supposed to destroy the gun industry? Tanked at the box office despite Hollywood trying to prop it up.

We do have the power for a film to tank.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While I agree 100% they say we like the movies in Bold above because the man character is sexualized. GWTDT almost could make it if she didn't have the multiple sex scenes. Didn't really add to the story in my mind. Also didn't mind watching them either

It's a totally different view point for those on the left. They think if a women is sexualized she isn't a good female role model. Of course there is much to be said about the left and lack of logic
View Quote
Which is hilarious as in most films they use their assets to get what they want.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
How about Ellen Ripley from Alien/Aliens:

A textbook example of how a strong female character should be. Full of legitimate faults and failures but has learned from her mistakes and grown. You WANT her to succeed especially because of all she had gone through, and at the end of Aliens you truly enjoy her beating the queen and saving newt.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How about Ellen Ripley from Alien/Aliens:

A textbook example of how a strong female character should be. Full of legitimate faults and failures but has learned from her mistakes and grown. You WANT her to succeed especially because of all she had gone through, and at the end of Aliens you truly enjoy her beating the queen and saving newt.
View Quote
This man gets it!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn’t mind Black Widow even though every male character was either “Adult Dumb,” “Evil,” or an “NPC.”

It was an escapist action movie. The story doesn’t need to be that great, just reasonable and fluid, with developed characters. Less I am woman hear me roar, more I am woman, this is why I roar, now watch me bite.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This man gets it!
View Quote

I really like The Critical Drinker's opinion (Captain marvel specifically, and Rey in the new star wars movies), on Hollyweird and disney especially. They just tell you how "strong and powerful" the characters are, they don't bother with showing you how and why they are.

They defeat the "villain" and you don't give a shit because of course they are the most powerful force in the world and how would they NOT? There's no sense of accomplishment or overcoming any obstacle. The characters don't grow or give you anything to aspire to.

Another good example is the original Iron Man and Thor, (compared to the newer marvel movies). Both of them had the main characters suffer greatly and overcome many obstacles and watching them grow as a character helped you connect to them. in the newer marvel movies (like thor: ragnarok) thor is basically a punching bag or the butt end of a stupid joke... Relegated to female eye candy or a blundering idiot waiting for "strong female" to direct his brute force. Maybe an occasional macguffin moment here and there; which is all Iron man turned into, some tech-thingy that automatically saved the day...

Part of the problem is the writers and directors have no idea how to ACTUALLY empower women and just give them "girl power fluff" which is basically the equivalent to eating a couple tablespoons of pure sugar rather than a nice steak and some 'taters when you're hungry. Sure, they'll both get calories into you, but only one of those options will give you any sort of satisfaction.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
There's no need for "girl power," it's just power. Either the character can stand on their own two feet, or the script is shite.

Most are shite.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The female empowerment and SJW movies don't hack it anymore. What happened to real entertainment? After over 50 years of these movies it has become contrived, over the top feminist BS acted out with a bunch of narcissistic, no talent, bimbos.
We want fresh, creative stories, well written scripts, and quality acting. While you are at it, stop with the remakes of remakes. It would be refreshing if the movies were directed by adults that have a clue what they are doing and not filmed with a cell phone held by a 3 year old.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
If Hollywood could just turn out good propaganda but no, we are supposed to celebrate bad propaganda.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Alien, Terminator, Tank girl, Hunger games.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Good TV and movies are always rare. Always have been. Always have had propaganda.

Gotta just find the good ones and ignore the bad. Maybe try to stick with the directors who prefer art over politics, which are rare.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem, especially with the reboots, is that they replace male roles with female for no other reason than just to do it as a virtue signal. Changing the men to women doesn't add to the story, enhance it, improve it, or help it. It's a solution in search of a problem.

That's why they don't work. Because it's unnecessary manipulation. And a bad one at that. People see that it's just needless pandering to a group that already enjoys too much pandering already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top