BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2022 11:28:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Already bought 2 non functional combat armory barrels. I will pass.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Rifle or handgun? What was wrong? You should share your experience.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock 17;barrels . Would not go through a magazine without failure to go into battery . Replaced with a Glock barrel and solved the problem. Sold them and disclosed the problems to the buyer. I bought 2 and both had the same problem neither would go through a full magazine without choking at least once.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll roll the dice on this, have blown $35 on a lot worse things.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one a while back. Not the most accurate barrel but was functional. Put oem back in and stuffed it in a box somewhere. It will eventually grow into another pistol someday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 6:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Glock 17;barrels . Would not go through a magazine without failure to go into battery . Replaced with a Glock barrel and solved the problem. Sold them and disclosed the problems to the buyer. I bought 2 and both had the same problem neither would go through a full magazine without choking at least once.
View Quote

Damn, I was gonna jump all over this but I think I'll go with one each to see if they work.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Bonus fun I reviewed the barrel on their website and the review was deleted.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya that’s a no from me
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I got one of the 19 threaded barrels last time someone posted about them. It was a bit tight at first, had to hand cycle the slide a few times. It loosened up and hasn’t failed to function yet during actual use.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
For $35 shipped, why not
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]
"Match grade" for $29.99!!!

That somehow seems impossible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks OP, now I need to finish another P80.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks OP.  Had thought 19 bbls would run in a 26, but the 19 bbl says Gen 1-4, I have a 5.  Bugger.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Many cheaper threaded Glock barrels don’t have enough “stand-off” for the thread shoulder from the front of the slide. So on Gen 4 Glocks the RSA can hit the rear of the can/booster on many suppressors.  A longer piston or even a skinny spacer can help.  Barrels from Lone Wolf, SiCo, KKM typically have a little more length.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my non threaded $29.99 G19 barrel in the mail from this week.

External fit and finish, crown, etc all looks surprisingly good. Rifling is slightly rough, but I wasn’t expecting polished perfection.

Should be able to get out and shoot it on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Why do you think they are marked down $170 to $29?

Because no one needs a G17 barrel or because they don’t work?

Take a guess….

An out of spec barrel is the one thing I wouldnt play around with. Mini grenade in the chamber.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't waste your money on this crap.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Got outside this morning to try out my $35 G19 barrel.

Hand cycled a few rds first and seemed GTG. Shot 105 rds thru it and had two FTE malfunctions. Not sure why, my handloads are usually 100% reliable .

I'll try some factory loads next time to see if that makes any difference. May have to tweak the load a bit to get a little more ooomph.

Waiting for the piston to arrive so can try it with a Gemtech suppressor, don't have a 9mm can, I'm primarily a .45 guy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got a $125 Silencerco G19 barrel that would not go into battery every other shot.  Took me cycling it by hand a couple hundred times before it was remotely reliable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Are they sold as drop-ins or do they say some fitting required?

Having to fit a handgun barrel for maximum lockup isn't exactly a new or bad thing.

Also, do they have any threaded M&P barrels at that price?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Eh, i've got an unfinished project sitting in my safe.  

why not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are they sold as drop-ins or do they say some fitting required?

Having to fit a handgun barrel for maximum lockup isn't exactly a new or bad thing.

Also, do they have any threaded M&P barrels at that price?
View Quote

Drop in.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Drop in.
View Quote

Well, that's a bit different. Drop in barrels ought to drop in.

Then again, expecting super accuracy from a barrel guaranteed to drop in.....kinda optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Then again, expecting super accuracy from a barrel guaranteed to drop in.....kinda optimistic.
View Quote

Mine dropped right in, locks up good and 100% feeding so far. I think my issues were ammo related, it was shooting low I noticed so pretty sure I just need to try a little hotter load.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Heck, I don't even have a can, but I bought one just in case.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mine dropped right in, locks up good and 100% feeding so far. I think my issues were ammo related, it was shooting low I noticed so pretty sure I just need to try a little hotter load.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait until you find out it’s a hardness issue…guess how you find that out ??

Kaboom

These aren’t being discounted becasue no one wants threaded barrels. They are discounted because they have undisclosed issues that cannot be fixed.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Wait until you find out it’s a hardness issue…guess how you find that out ??

Kaboom

These aren’t being discounted becasue no one wants threaded barrels. They are discounted because they have undisclosed issues that cannot be fixed.

View Quote

Possible but it would be suicide for a company to sell a product with a known issue that affects safety. I just sent them an email asking if there is a hardness issue or any other problem that would affect safety. I'll post the response I get.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't need this.... I don't need this....
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]
"Storm Trooper level accuracy"
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a G19 threaded barrel that locked my gun up bad.  I had to hammer it with a rubber mallet to finally free it up.  

To be fair, I got a replacement from them and worked fine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bonus fun I reviewed the barrel on their website and the review was deleted.
View Quote
I had the same exact experience in 2018(?) except I sent mine in because it would not chamber a round and they sent me a new one that did not work, so we sent it again and they never sent another one to me and never refunded the money I paid.  Tried to do a chargeback and they fought that by claiming that they had originally sent the barrel to me, which they had and I had sent it back.  Never got a refund.

They are poop barrels and a poop company IMHO.  A blight on the 2A community!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I have one of their G19 barrels in a p80 build from a few years ago.  Not expecting much but it fits and I have had no issues with.

Have bought their ar uppers and lots of small parts.  So far, no issues.

Not doubting others who have had issues, but my experience has been good.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I have one of their barrels from a couple years ago in my G45. Never had any issues suppressed or un suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Bore scope revealed the rifling is well… Rough. To be expected.

Shot about 25 rounds today. Rapid fire I was able to keep most on a 2/3 IDPA steel at 25 yards. Not a small pie plate group like a stock glock, but I guess it will do for a cheap barrel.

More importantly it ran just fine in my PSA dagger.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#36]
You get what you pay for. Why anybody would cheap out on a barrel is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:03:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You get what you pay for. Why anybody would cheap out on a barrel is beyond me.
View Quote

I wanted to build a truck pistol I didn’t care about for as cheap as possible.

I’ve got an RMR capable glock clone with a weapon light for $280 bucks right now.

Seems like a decent deal to me. I might upgrade the barrel at some point due to the accuracy sucking, but for now it’s fine.

I’ve wasted $30 on dumber shit trust me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wait until you find out it's a hardness issue guess how you find that out ??

Kaboom

These aren't being discounted becasue no one wants threaded barrels. They are discounted because they have undisclosed issues that cannot be fixed.

View Quote
Do you have any knowledge that these barrels pose a risk to us?

Or are you just talking out your ass?

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I wanted to build a truck pistol I didn't care about for as cheap as possible.

I've got an RMR capable glock clone with a weapon light for $280 bucks right now.

Seems like a decent deal to me. I might upgrade the barrel at some point due to the accuracy sucking, but for now it's fine.

I've wasted $30 on dumber shit trust me.
View Quote
Do you have a single concern these barrels might not be safe? Also when does a truck pistol go from a thing you don't care about to something you use to defend your life with? Would you care about reliability then?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do you have a single concern these barrels might not be safe?
View Quote

No.

Companies do some dumb shit, but one thing they don’t do is put out discount barrels because they know the metallurgy is bad. That would open them up to potentially hundreds of lawsuits, wiping out any financial gain of blowing them out at $30 a pop.

They are blowing them out because the rifling is absolute shit. That’s fine, it’s not a match pistol.

ETA people fire rifles here made by third world communist countries nearly a hundred heads ago all the damn time and don’t bat an eye. Rifles that fire at much higher pressures than the measly 9mm Luger.

This barrel doesn’t give me any more concern than my Romy G build or Yugo SKS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68059/77BAC2DF-441E-43CE-A641-ED2C1B837917_jpe-2542125.JPG

Bore scope revealed the rifling is well… Rough. To be expected.

Shot about 25 rounds today. Rapid fire I was able to keep most on a 2/3 IDPA steel at 25 yards. Not a small pie plate group like a stock glock, but I guess it will do for a cheap barrel.

More importantly it ran just fine in my PSA dagger.
View Quote

Tooth&Nail!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I made my order, they took my money but they still have yet to confirm the items were shipped.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No.

Companies do some dumb shit, but one thing they don't do is put out discount barrels because they know the metallurgy is bad. That would open them up to potentially hundreds of lawsuits, wiping out any financial gain of blowing them out at $30 a pop.

They are blowing them out because the rifling is absolute shit. That's fine, it's not a match pistol.
View Quote
I hope that's all that's bad with them. I personally see nothing to be gained saving 50 or 100 on a pressure bearing component.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hope that's all that's bad with them. I personally see nothing to be gained saving 50 or 100 on a pressure bearing component.
View Quote

See my edit. You ever fired a Mosin? You weren’t worried about a rifle and barrel made in a communist county 80 years ago, yet you are worried about a 9mm barrel made in the US in 2022?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

See my edit. You ever fired a Mosin? You weren't worried about a rifle and barrel made in a communist county 80 years ago, yet you are worried about a 9mm barrel made in the US in 2022?
View Quote
The cost of those rifles on the US market has nothing to do with their quality or cost of manufacture.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait until you find out it's a hardness issue guess how you find that out ??

Kaboom

These aren't being discounted becasue no one wants threaded barrels. They are discounted because they have undisclosed issues that cannot be fixed.

I have no clue because the problems aren’t disclosed. You’re also free to guess away at it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have no clue because the problems aren't disclosed. You're also free to guess away at it.
View Quote
I have one and it works just fine.  The chamber isn't polished and it leaves a satin finish on the fired brass.  Just thought you knew something was dangerously wrong with them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The cost of those rifles on the US market has nothing to do with their quality or cost of manufacture.
View Quote

They were made in a 3rd world shithole.

I don’t think the Russians worried about rifles blowing up. Many of them sat in crates unfired until arriving in the US. Nobody worried about them blowing up.

A US based manufacturer is blowing out barrels, who certainly would be concerned if metallurgy was going to cause safety issues resulting in a lawsuit and now everyone is worried about it for some reason.

Shit, I remember when Bear Creek Arsenal was giving away AR barrels to veterans and nobody was worried about their barrel blowing up at the time.

Bottom line my barrel didn’t blow up, even after it shot some factory +P. So no I don’t worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:34:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

See my edit. You ever fired a Mosin? You weren’t worried about a rifle and barrel made in a communist county 80 years ago, yet you are worried about a 9mm barrel made in the US in 2022?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I hope that's all that's bad with them. I personally see nothing to be gained saving 50 or 100 on a pressure bearing component.

I have an antique Russian and a Remmy 1917.  I only paid $50 for the Remington.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Companies do some dumb shit, but one thing they don't do is put out discount barrels because they know the metallurgy is bad. That would open them up to potentially hundreds of lawsuits, wiping out any financial gain of blowing them out at $30 a pop.

They are blowing them out because the rifling is absolute shit. That's fine, it's not a match pistol.

So then you'd be a no-go on this AIM BCG, since it holds a lot more pressure than a 9mm barrel?

https://aimsurplus.com/products/aim-ar-m16-223-5-56-nitride-9310-mpi-bolt-carrier-group
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top