Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2018 2:55:12 AM EDT
Texted an individual off/on for the better part of two weeks, after an argument. No threats of any sort conveyed, which she admitted to at the hearing. Her having me banned from a dating app, I did contact her new employer of about a week via social media, from an anonymous account claiming "xyz" should be drug tested" to which I later admitted to her and her employer, and in court...never admit to anything in court  The day she sent me a message saying not to contact her, I had already stopped trying to do so(deleted any way for me to reach her) and 3 hours later she went and got an ex parte no contact order.

So I went to the hearing, tried finding a lawyer but figured there was no case or she wouldn't show. She shows, judge takes out a restraining order for 6 months.

I screwed up, but kind of feel this individual has abused the process a bit, and let me continue texting, instead of blocking my number, for her own amusement and to strip me temporarily of my gun rights.

I'm lining up lawyers now, after the fact, to see what I can do from here.

I'm over the individual, was really over her by the trial, and just want to move on.

More concerned about the long term consequences as my BS is in Criminal Justice and it seems this would disqualify for most MIL/LE jobs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of fucking psycho calls someones job to suggest they get drug tested?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of fucking psycho calls someones job to suggest they get drug tested?
View Quote
Didn't call, sent a message via social media. My rational was impaired when I did so, agree it was stupid, but she was a self reported user and I did introduce the employer to her, talking her up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
1) Get a lawyer. Follow his advice.

2) Stop using the internet while impaired. You now have a history of bad decisions including posting this thread.

3) Get a therapist, bro...and not a female. Not trying to be a dick, but it genuinely sounds like you could benefit from it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not going to use the exact words required, but I can tell you, ya you are that guy, hope you grow out of it, but get some help and try to un-fuck yourself the right way!

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Look in a mirror, see that person? Yeah, that person has only himself to blame for anything that comes out of this incident.

Don't get mad when you attempt to A-ROCK someone and they retaliate legally. You kind of asked for it and now have to deal with the long term effects.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Texted an individual off/on for the better part of two weeks, after an argument. No threats of any sort conveyed, which she admitted to at the hearing. Her having me banned from a dating app, I did contact her new employer of about a week via social media, from an anonymous account claiming "xyz" should be drug tested" to which I later admitted to her and her employer, and in court...never admit to anything in court  The day she sent me a message saying not to contact her, I had already stopped trying to do so(deleted any way for me to reach her) and 3 hours later she went and got an ex parte no contact order.

So I went to the hearing, tried finding a lawyer but figured there was no case or she wouldn't show. She shows, judge takes out a restraining order for 6 months.

I screwed up, but kind of feel this individual has abused the process a bit, and let me continue texting, instead of blocking my number, for her own amusement and to strip me temporarily of my gun rights.

I'm lining up lawyers now, after the fact, to see what I can do from here.

I'm over the individual, was really over her by the trial, and just want to move on.

More concerned about the long term consequences as my BS is in Criminal Justice and it seems this would disqualify for most MIL/LE jobs.
View Quote
Was she a 'domestic partner' under your state/locality laws?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
It's tuff being Stupid, HUH
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did contact her new employer of about a week via social media, from an anonymous account claiming "xyz" should be drug tested" to which I later admitted to her and her employer, and in court
View Quote
AROCK, is that you?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#10]
With your shitty decision making skills, I hope you never work in law enforcement. You should have thought of the consequences of your decisions before you acted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top