Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2018 4:14:34 PM EDT
Dreamer ordered a lower on-line and had it sent to my shop. Kid comes in to pick up and do 4473 and we find out he is DACA.

How do we cover ourselves if the online place he bought it from won't take it back?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Cover yourselves how, exactly? Dude can't get it you offer to put it on consignment for him, or dispose of it any other legal manner, like you could offer to buy it from him for your wholesale cost and put it into your regular inventory, etc.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dreamer ordered a lower on-line and had it sent to my shop. Kid comes in to pick up and do 4473 and we find out he is DACA.

How do we cover ourselves if the online place he bought it from won't take it back?

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

Cover what?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah. More info. We offered to consign it and he said his buddy was going to come in and buy it for him. So he just told us he plans to do a straw purchase.

Otherwise we are gonna have to deny the sale to any Mexican that comes in the shop for fear that it is his buddy doing the straw purchase.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a lower, not a machinegun, if you are really worried, put it on gunbroker or even EE here with NO LOCAL BIDS/ PICKUP and give the guy his cash when it sells?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah. More info. We offered to consign it and he said his buddy was going to come in and buy it for him. So he just told us he plans to do a straw purchase.

Otherwise we are gonna have to deny the sale to any Mexican that comes in the shop for fear that it is his buddy doing the straw purchase.
View Quote
Back when I sold guns, I told the man about more than one straw purchase.  One involved a diplomat and foreign national.  The State Department was quite interested in the situation.

Also, how did you learn about the DACA situation?  Did he answer truthfully on his 4473, or was it a NICS denial?  If the latter, and he falsified his 4473, I'd have no problem sending the kid to jail on his way out of the country.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
When he put country of citizenship as Mexico I started asking questions. Then he pulled out his " work permit" and then he told me he was DACA.

He filled out the front of the form but we didn't get to the point of calling it in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a lower, not a machinegun, if you are really worried, put it on gunbroker or even EE here with NO LOCAL BIDS/ PICKUP and give the guy his cash when it sells?
View Quote
Hey boss if it were your asshole on the line you'd might be a little more concerned. I just came to ask a question I thought there was an FFL sub forum but couldn't find it so I posted here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
At that point I would say that if the online seller will not take it back the online purchaser will have to specify a different FFL for me to ship the gun to - at his expense.

Homework - the buyer failed to do it. You have no obligation to transfer it to another buyer since he has told you of intent to circumvent the law.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought there was an FFL sub forum but couldn't find it so I posted here.
View Quote
Here
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When he put country of citizenship as Mexico I started asking questions. Then he pulled out his " work permit" and then he told me he was DACA.

He filled out the front of the form but we didn't get to the point of calling it in.
View Quote

Send it back!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Mod can I get a move? To armory:FFL discussion?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks for any help.
View Quote
why would anyone have to take it back.  all sales final
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
why would anyone have to take it back.  all sales final
View Quote
Because it's not a sale it's a transfer.

Why do you not have a policy in place already regarding transfers if for some reason the buyer can't legally pick up the gun?  That's one of the first things you need to do when you get your license.

Here is ours, feel free to plagiarize:

If the FBI NICS denies the transfer, the buyer has several choices:
- We will hold the firearm while the buyer appeals the denial. If the buyer files the appeal within 30 days of the denial, no storage fees will accrue as we will not penalize buyers for the government's delays. If the buyer does not file the appeal within 30 days we will charge a storage fee of $10 (ten dollars) per week to store the firearm. Once the storage fees have exceeded 50% of the firearm's value we will sell the firearm, deduct our storage fees, and return the remainder to the buyer.
- Arrange with the seller for the return of the firearm and pay us our transfer fee plus return shipping.
- Consign the firearm with us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
RTS and tell them the deal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can fix that.
I don't really need another lower but I'll make an exception in the interest of the public good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can fix that.
I don't really need another lower but I'll make an exception in the interest of the public good.
View Quote
I don't need one either, but what brand is it op?

I might buy it and have "Build the Wall" engraved on the side and use it a conversation starter.

Actually I wonder if I could get the safety positions redone with Amnesty for safe, You Gotta Go Back for semi and The Wall in the full auto position.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a surplus arms and ammo lower. Decent looking lower. But that's neither here nor there.

I'll probably just give him the money and keep it for myself. That way no straw purchase can happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top