User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was amazing. Working on my second playthrough. The one thing I never found was legendary eye cyber.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Ubisoft missions are literally pizza boy shit - talk to guy, go to place, get thing, bring back.

CDPR has a ton of depth and story to the missions. They have you interacting generally with the same characters over and over so you build rapport (rather than some guy whose inclusion is simply to facilitate a one-off side quest), and in very well crafted environments and scenarios.

Not sure why people are shitting all over this game...it has the hacking and complexity of Deus Ex, the story making quality of Witcher, and the gunplay / stealth of a Farcry game. Fucking incredible.
It was amazing. Working on my second playthrough. The one thing I never found was legendary eye cyber.

I've done all three of the base options for a play through.  Did Corp, then Street Kid, and finally Nomad.   I have also done the rogue ending, nomad, and Arasaka ending.  Plus the suicide and the "secret ending" where you storm the place w/ Johnny helping you. Gave Johnny the body once after the nomad ending.  I suppose I need to try it w/ the others to see if there's a difference.   From what I've seen and read there isn't any legendary eye cyberware.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So the girl with the Mantis arms in the old CP2077 trailer is actually in the game.  She is a Maxtech or is it Millitech officer whose job it is to deal with cyberpsychos.

She shows up on one cyberpsycho mission and debriefs you on the incident.  Then the guy whose store the attack happened in later messages you that he found the same woman on the N54 channel archives from 7 years ago!

Apparently she had cyberpsycosis  but rather than being put down she was recruited by law enforcement due to the state of the art chrome she had. (at the time).  It's also revealed that her cyberpsychosis was a result of the earlier version of Mantis arms she sports.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

There's spoiler formatting btw... I already knew all that but sucks for people that don't.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's spoiler formatting btw... I already knew all that but sucks for people that don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

I thought about a spoiler, but figured that was generic enough that it didn't matter.   That info is all over the net in anything you read about it.    Didn't give anything away as to WHAT happens on them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
This game has a lot of problems. NPCs that wander aimlessly, unrealistic actions from NPCs when violence happens, crummy driving mechanics and several bad or lacking graphics when you interact with the world.

All that said, it’s so beautiful and engaging it’s still an 8/10 for me. That tells you just how awesome the parts that work, do...at least on PC.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This game has a lot of problems. NPCs that wander aimlessly, unrealistic actions from NPCs when violence happens, crummy driving mechanics and several bad or lacking graphics when you interact with the world.

All that said, it's so beautiful and engaging it's still an 8/10 for me. That tells you just how awesome the parts that work, do...at least on PC.
View Quote

I've encountered all of that.    The driving is what just about broke it for me.    I did some research, changed some settings in the config files, and dug out a steam controller I bought when they were on sale.      The driving is still screwed up, but it's a lot better.  Motorcycles beat cars for travelling since you can drive between other vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of mods beginning to come out on PC that should help with some of the UI and quality of life issues with the game.  Like a zoom out minimap when you are driving, instant crafting buttons so bulk disassembly of gear is easier, more NPC variety, changeable hairstyles, etc

Sucks that this is turning into a Bethesda type of game where the players have to fix the devs' mistakes, but at least it's something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are a lot of mods beginning to come out on PC that should help with some of the UI and quality of life issues with the game.  Like a zoom out minimap when you are driving, instant crafting buttons so bulk disassembly of gear is easier, more NPC variety, changeable hairstyles, etc

Sucks that this is turning into a Bethesda type of game where the players have to fix the devs' mistakes, but at least it's something.
View Quote

The two things I want in this game more than anything is some sort of on screen navigation map.    IMO the best solution would be a piece of eye cyberware mod that throws up a basic line / arrow on screen display for navigation.    The second is some sort of new game plus that would let you continue to play after you beat it and finish cleaning up anything you wanted to finish.    I guess there's a third thing.  Fix the vehicle controls.  They're horrible.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought about a spoiler, but figured that was generic enough that it didn't matter.   That info is all over the net in anything you read about it.    Didn't give anything away as to WHAT happens on them.
View Quote

Saying Click To View Spoiler kinda gives that ending away... I know it's all over the net and easy to find but you'd have to go out looking for it I guess. Like I said, nothin ruined for me and I avoided all articles/forums before completing the game but sucks for anybody that didn't put their thinking cap on before reading some posts here I guess
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
This game is rad as fuck.

The quest where you let Johnny take control of your body to go talk to Rogue is one of the most awesome sidequests ever

I'm also impressed at how gorgeous it looks on a GTX 1060. My shit's 5 years old and I'm running on everything on high/ultra at playable framerates.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I started working through the endings and something that kinda irks me:
Click To View Spoiler

that being said lets say CDPR got greedy and made a sequel. I think it would be awesome if
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
So -- Page 5 gents -- Is it worth buying on PC at full price or wait for a sale?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So -- Page 5 gents -- Is it worth buying on PC at full price or wait for a sale?
View Quote

I feel I got my money out of it, but you’ll be paying for a 7-8/10 game instead of the like 15/10 it was hyped as.

If you’ve got time to wait and also pick up a ray tracing card it’ll probably be a good call.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

that being said lets say CDPR got greedy and made a sequel. I think it would be awesome if
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I wasn’t super happy with my (first) ending choice either, because I picked Click To View Spoiler but then the direction my character went after that is not the direction I would have chosen, and I don’t see how it it’s a logical continuation of that choice.

Good game, story wise the rails are a bit more obvious than I’d like.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wasn't super happy with my (first) ending choice either, because I picked Click To View Spoiler but then the direction my character went after that is not the direction I would have chosen, and I don't see how it it's a logical continuation of that choice.

Good game, story wise the rails are a bit more obvious than I'd like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I wasn't super happy with my (first) ending choice either, because I picked Click To View Spoiler but then the direction my character went after that is not the direction I would have chosen, and I don't see how it it's a logical continuation of that choice.

I hate the way they script the endings.    Panam romance w/ the nomads helping was by far the best ending I've seen though with letting Johnny keep the body being 2nd best.  Biggest problem I have w/ the game is the lack of replay/continue options.  There need to be random encounters or something to give the ability to continue or at least a new game plus option.    That and either fix the drivers on the street or enable vehicular weapons so I can do something about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hate the way they script the endings.    Panam romance w/ the nomads helping was by far the best ending I've seen though with letting Johnny keep the body being 2nd best.  Biggest problem I have w/ the game is the lack of replay/continue options.  There need to be random encounters or something to give the ability to continue or at least a new game plus option.    That and either fix the drivers on the street or enable vehicular weapons so I can do something about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Witcher 3 has a new game + option. It was introduced...maybe a year after release. I would guess Cyberpunk will do the same.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I ran across a mod to remove all the traffic.  I'm tired of the crappy controls combined w/ idiots that just stop in the middle of the road.   Seriously thinking about just removing all of them and seeing how it improves game play and fps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
GmanLives review (always entertaining):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UiXx-_fL5U
View Quote
Glad I wasn't the only one that got bored with The Witcher 3's gameplay. I want to force myself to play it again, but I haven't gotten there yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#21]
So far the best ending I've found is romance Judy and have the nomads help you w/ the assault.   Kind of makes sense though w/ what Judy is telling you all along she wants to do.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top