Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2023 4:26:27 PM EDT
What do business owners give as customers gifts to "better" clients?

Thinking of something like a meat and cheese gift box. (We are somewhat limited in value/price due to rebating law)
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done fruit, cookies, candy etc. from various vendors but the most popular thing I've ever done is homemade baked goods that we personally deliver with a Christmas card signed by all of us in the office.  

I'm fortunate that my wife likes to bake and it is a small enough group that I can manage that.  I buy all of the ingredients and she spends a day or 2 making cookies/cakes etc.  She packages it all up in holiday themed boxes tosses in some Christmas chocolates and we deliver them well before the holiday so that the business owner/VIP is usually there.  

People seem to appreciate the personal time and effort and the treats are way better than the typical stuff you would order... not uncommon to see people out and about around town as the season approaches and have them comment that they can't wait for their cookies/cake...

I think even just buying cookies etc. from a local bakery and delivering them personally has a much bigger impact than something shipped, obviously this only works if your VIPs are somewhat local to your operation.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyeore1966:
I've done fruit, cookies, candy etc. from various vendors but the most popular thing I've ever done is homemade baked goods that we personally deliver with a Christmas card signed by all of us in the office.  

I'm fortunate that my wife likes to bake and it is a small enough group that I can manage that.  I buy all of the ingredients and she spends a day or 2 making cookies/cakes etc.  She packages it all up in holiday themed boxes tosses in some Christmas chocolates and we deliver them well before the holiday so that the business owner/VIP is usually there.  

People seem to appreciate the personal time and effort and the treats are way better than the typical stuff you would order... not uncommon to see people out and about around town as the season approaches and have them comment that they can't wait for their cookies/cake...

I think even just buying cookies etc. from a local bakery and delivering them personally has a much bigger impact than something shipped, obviously this only works if your VIPs are somewhat local to your operation.

View Quote

Thats actually what I used to do. (back when i was starting out, and had more time than clients ).

Still have a few that will ask when I'm bringing bananna bread back by?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
harry and david is the good ole standby.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Steaks , favorite restaurants , cheese cakes , cigars , and booze are what we have done in the past.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigFatDog] [#5]
I get given a lot of wine, some red, some white and occasionally a bottle of sparkling. Better California labels, $50 max, $20-30 is the norm. In a gift bag.

The best story I got with a bottle was, "Now you've got something to take to a holiday party." So, that's the way I look at any bottles I get. Something to regift.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a "client" that receives a few holiday gifts.  A few memorable ones:

-One of our vendors sent me an email link to select a donation for the company to make to one of a number of various charities.  I loved this because I don't need stuff.  I can't recall the outfit that facilitated this but definitely remember my vendor.
-Another vendor would bring in a BBQ pork shoulder with sides and serve it to our team for lunch.
-One would give a gift set of fancy olive oil and/or vinegar.  This was unique because I wouldn't have bought such a thing on my own.
-A hand written card with a little something edible is as good as anything.

Otherwise....I've received stuff but don't really remember who it was from or the details after a short period of time.    

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a giant box of bruised pears. 😂

Guess it was memorable..
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have a quality meat and cheese recommendation?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Keksi Cookie is a conservative company that make an incredible cookie 🍪
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
A subscription to the jelly of the month club.  

One vendor once gave me a big jar of pistachio nuts.  I couldn't stop eating them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top