[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Communists can do some things well.

ETA: One thing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of the sandwiches.

Not sure about the cigars, I have a RyJ Cuban of some sort that's been in my humidor for a year.  Haven't smoked it yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread delivers although I prefer a HdM Epicuro #2
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That makes my mouth water, one of the best cigars ever (with a few years aging).
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]
kcolg30 likes your thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They make good rum also
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to Cuba last year. Brought back a box of Cohibas. Gave them all away as gifts.  Fuck smoking.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They make good rum also
View Quote
You can get the Puerto Rican version. Just as good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought it was going to be  about Miami _JBT.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#12]
¡¡Coño!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
kcolg30 likes your thread.
View Quote
What the fuck do you know about Cubans? Comemierda!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
If you do not mind I ask you? How much?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
2006 date code

Only a few left

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Pair with Havana Club 7
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make good rum also
I like Guatemalan or Guyanan rums but Havana club 7 is nice for a mixer every now and then.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I like Guatemalan or Guyanan rums but Havana club 7 is nice for a mixer every now and then.
View Quote
Flor de Cana from Nicaragua is what you seek.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I was hoping it was about booties.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
And boobies too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Flor de Cana from Nicaragua is what you seek.
View Quote
The 4 is my regular mixer. But zacapa 23 and El dorado 21 are my sipping rums
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I thought it was gonna be a bout sammiches!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this a Gloria Estefan thread?

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#27]
That seal looks really fake. Where did you get them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Smoked a few of these over the last week.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That seal looks really fake. Where did you get them?
View Quote
I didn't want to say it, but yeah. Unfortunately most people on vacation do not know that the only real Cubans are in the licensed La Casa De Habano locations. There are no real Cohibas or other official habanos anywhere else in Cuba or your friend's Caribbean Cruise ports of call. In Cuba this excludes certain local rollers with solid reputations associated with particular hotels that roll real Cuban tobacco. If you aren't paying full price in a LCDH you aren't getting real habanos down there, period. Other international mail order locations not included in this discussion.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I didn't want to say it, but yeah. Unfortunately most people on vacation do not know that the only real Cubans are in the licensed La Casa De Habano locations. There are no real Cohibas or other official habanos anywhere else in Cuba or your friend's Caribbean Cruise ports of call. In Cuba this excludes certain local rollers with solid reputations associated with particular hotels that roll real Cuban tobacco. If you aren't paying full price in a LCDH you aren't getting real habanos down there, period. Other international mail order locations not included in this discussion.

https://i.imgur.com/9Z45uyb.jpg
View Quote
Wait, the Cohibas in my glass top box aren’t real?
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wait, the Cohibas in my glass top box aren't real?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#33]
The best cigars I have ever smoked were Cohiba Siglo IV.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Sandwiches > Smelly shit sticks
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I thought it was gonna be a bout sammiches!
View Quote
I thought it was fir women. I just finished one
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Grandma smoke one a day
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Their cigar reputation was built before la revolucion.  If they hadn't had it already, they would have turned out floor sweepings in a tube and wondered why their shit didn't sell.

Quoted:
Quoted:
And boobies too.
I assume, since this is Arfcom, that you guys are talking about trannies and not the 1953 automobile kind.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Cubans are over rated.

Dominican is where it's at now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Those are fakes bud I can tell by the pixels.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cubans are over rated.

View Quote
“Cubans” is a broad category. Some are meh, some are spectacular. And many people think they’re over rated because they are smoking fakes. Chances are, if you think you smoked a real Cuban cigar, you’re wrong.

Doesn’t mean excellent cigars can’t be found elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
“Cubans” is a broad category. Some are meh, some are spectacular. And many people think they’re over rated because they are smoking fakes. Chances are, if you think you smoked a real Cuban cigar, you’re wrong.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cubans are over rated.

I know a thing or two about cigars.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
That photo doesn't prove that you know a fucking thing about cigars, it just proves that you spent a shitload of money hoarding cigars.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That photo doesn't prove that you know a fucking thing about cigars, it just proves that you spent a shitload of money hoarding cigars.
View Quote
So, if a safe were full of home builds, the photo wouldn't prove they know a fucking thing about ARs, it just proves they spent a shit load of money hoarding ARs/firearms?

Please. Do enlighten us where your degree in cigarology came from since you seem to be the authority on that which is all cigars...

Go be a dick to your state's moonbeam wanna bes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't horde. I smoke.

I'm about a daily cigar guy, give or take.  The picture shows I've smoked about everything you can possibly get.  From Cubans to Nicaraguan, to Dominican, to Honduran, to Costa Rican cigars.

Deep enough in the cigar community to have a cigar from Cariltos personal stash, sitting right on top.

I've met Steve Saka, I've met Matt Booth, Caldwell, etc. Multiple times.  Having connections, is what allows me to get above cigars, at retail or much below, retail prices.

The pic was more "yeah, I know most Cubans are fakes."

If I wanted to get real Cubans, it'd take probably 1 or 2 messages and 2-3 days shipping.  But they're not worth the headache, the inconsistent quality control, and if they're directly from Cuba, the processing of them to allow them in my humidors.

Last batch of Cubans I had, which were real, had bugs in them.  So then you have 5 days of processing them / freezing them, to get them back to being safe for your humidor.

Edit

Just in that picture, there is:
Connecticut broad leaf
Pennsylvanian leaf
Dominican leaf
Honduran leaf
Cameroon leaf
Nicaraguan leaf
Mexican leaf
Costa Rican leaf

And I'm probably missing some. And alot of the Fuente stuff is secret fillers. Mostly Dominican.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Romeo Julieta in a Cuban box, seen that before.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#47]
These were bought in Cuba by my GFs parents. The sticker does look copied. I guess they bought them for $50 and supposedly had a friend in country helping them out. They think they’re real, but after looking at comparative pictures, I think they’re probably fake.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't horde. I smoke.

I'm about a daily cigar guy, give or take.  The picture shows I've smoked about everything you can possibly get.  From Cubans to Nicaraguan, to Dominican, to Honduran, to Costa Rican cigars.

Deep enough in the cigar community to have a cigar from Cariltos personal stash, sitting right on top.

I've met Steve Saka, I've met Matt Booth, Caldwell, etc. Multiple times.  Having connections, is what allows me to get above cigars, at retail or much below, retail prices.

If I wanted to get real Cubans, it'd take probably 1 or 2 messages and 2-3 days shipping.  But they're not worth the headache, the inconsistent quality control, and if they're directly from Cuba, the processing of them to allow them in my humidors.

Last batch of Cubans I had, which were real, had bugs in them.  So then you have 5 days of processing them / freezing them, to get them back to being safe for your humidor.

Edit

Connecticut broad leaf
Pennsylvanian leaf
Dominican leaf
Honduran leaf
Cameroon leaf
Nicaraguan leaf
Mexican leaf
Costa Rican leaf

And I'm probably missing some. And alot of the Fuente stuff is secret fillers. Mostly Dominican.
View Quote
The only ones I have ever smoked were purchased in Bermuda at Chatham House, and over at the Naval Dockyard.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The only ones I have ever smoked were purchased in Bermuda at Chatham House, and over at the Naval Dockyard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't horde. I smoke.

Edit

Connecticut broad leaf
Pennsylvanian leaf
Dominican leaf
Honduran leaf
Cameroon leaf
Nicaraguan leaf
Mexican leaf
Costa Rican leaf

I traded a new Fuente "purple rain" limited Prometheus release for a "taste of Cuba" sampler to one of the most connected cigar guys I know.

So we'll see how that works out.

Best bang for your buck, in my opinion, and if you have patience, is to age Opus X's yourself.

I buy a box of Opus once or twice a year and let them sit. After 2 years they're a completely different cigar.

My top 3 releases of 2018:

Crowned heads - buckeye land (I might be biased )

Mi Querida - Firecracker

Room 101 - The Game.

Honorable metion - Room 101 "the noodle"- possibly (likely) same blend as the game, but in a different vitola.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The best cigars I have ever smoked were Cohiba Siglo IV.
View Quote
Same here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top