Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 10:30:11 PM EDT
I have a local steakhouse here in my town that makes an out of this world crawfish mushroom cream sauce. Anyone have any good recipes? I made one the other day that was really good, just not the same. I sautéed shallots, mushrooms, and garlic in some butter, deglazed with red wine, added crawfish for about 3 minutes, added heavy cream. It was really good, but just not like the restaurant's. Not looking for spicy sauce, just steak topping.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No one? I figured I'd have at least 4 or 5 'secret sauces'. I guess they are that much of a secret. :D
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never done a crawfish sauce to put over a steak.  I think some of the restaurants around here make an ettoufe and put on steaks, but I usually skip it.  If I'm eating crawfish its either boiled or served over rice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
How did you thicken the sauce?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did you thicken the sauce?
View Quote

Heavy cream and a little butter
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a local steakhouse here in my town that makes an out of this world crawfish mushroom cream sauce. Anyone have any good recipes? I made one the other day that was really good, just not the same. I sautéed shallots, mushrooms, and garlic in some butter, deglazed with red wine, added crawfish for about 3 minutes, added heavy cream. It was really good, but just not like the restaurant's. Not looking for spicy sauce, just steak topping.
View Quote

Add some high quality Worcestershire sauce to bump up the umami. It will definitely change the flavor profile a bit, but not sure if it is the taste you are trying to recreate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Add some high quality Worcestershire sauce to bump up the umami. It will definitely change the flavor profile a bit, but not sure if it is the taste you are trying to recreate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep or soy and a pinch of sugar. Most people don’t realize how often a little sweeter is in delicious savory foods,
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Soooo, not Heinz?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Soooo, not Heinz?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo, not Heinz?  

It's amazing that some "expert cooks" will use cheap Worcestershire sauce that completely lacks anchovies (source of the umami) in a recipe. I'm sorry, it is not the same
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top