Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2021 12:03:36 PM EDT
I have a wedding anniversary coming up and the wife wants a Tag Heuer WAF1416.BA0824 (TH Amazon store link). The retail cost makes me balk a bit. I can find used units on Ebay for $1200. Jomashop has an OOS list price of $2495.

What am I giving up buying used or gray market? I know that any warranty work in the grey market is usually voided due to the out of channel sales. But that's about it. Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Email or call DavidSW of Orlando...see if he can get you one...he deals only in legit products
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Be careful and purchase from a reputable company. I would rather pay a little more for the knowledge that you have a legitimate watch vs a potential fake
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input guys. Is Dave a member here? NVM I think I found the shop.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for your input guys. Is Dave a member here? NVM I think I found the shop.
View Quote

That is his shop. I have done tons of business with him in the past and he is 100% legit...stands behind what he sells
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That is his shop. I have done tons of business with him in the past and he is 100% legit...stands behind what he sells
View Quote
Oh man, that place could be lethal to my wallet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, his prices suck! Everything is $10,000+ and no Seikos.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried talking to your local AD? Not a nationwide/worldwide company, the local Tag seller. I bought a Tag 15yrs ago, they had to order it, knocked 35% off, no sweat. Times may be different.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
You know that's not a bad idea. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Capetown in the Atlanta area is a dealer I bought a new TAG from in the early 90s. I’ve had it serviced by them regularly. They knocked 30% off list price for me. They’re legit. They sometimes have good used ones for sale. They’re worth a look.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Tigerforce.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I would suggest buying through an authorized dealer (AD) or an established grey market dealer such as davidsw already mentioned, authenticwatches.com, chrono24 and others rather than purchasing used from a private party.  Watch dealers may have a used verion of what you are looking for which could save you some $$

Once you get a feel for what the grey market dealers are selling the watch for, I would contact some ADs and see if they will discount to match or come close to grey market pricing.  I once purchased a Breitling through feldmar watches in Los Angeles https://feldmarwatch.com/ and they discounted enough to match grey market pricing.  Also they shipped to me out of state so there was no sales tax.   On a Tag, I'd expect to get a discount since they seem to be available and not on allocation to where the market price is above MSRP like Rolex is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:41:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks AZGR, that's great advice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Just FYI grey market Swiss watches are pretty cheap in the U.S.V.I.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.chrono24.com/tagheuer/ladies-stainless-steel-tag-heuer-aqua-racer-diamond-bezel-mop-dial-watch-waf1416--id11258120.htm

https://www.chrono24.com/tagheuer/carrera-wv2413-28mm-mother-of-pearl-dial-diamond-bezel-watch--id16672247.htm

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, I need to stop at DavidSW next time I am in Orlando. I hope they are okay with window shopping I'm still a few years away from buying what I want
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top