Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2019 10:41:08 PM EDT
What happened to thread about the LAPD cop who killed a retarded guy and shot his parents as well while shopping inside a Corona, CA Costco. (June 2019)  Arf search brings up nothing.  Just curious since its reemergence in the news lately.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I missed that one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to see that one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Links to current media articles and reports?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link left cold.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-08-26/costco-shooting-kenneth-french-family

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]
A costco loss prevention person requested it be taken down out of respect for the produce
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
^

Careful not to cut yourself with that edginess.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The lesson: If you have a schizophrenic person in your family, make sure they take their meds on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lesson: If you have a schizophrenic person in your family, make sure they take their meds on a daily basis.
View Quote
Or maybe don't take them to Costco for free sausage samples.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or maybe don't take them to Costco for free sausage samples.
View Quote
Mmmmm, sausage party.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A costco loss prevention person requested it be taken down out of respect for the produce
View Quote
You raff you ruse?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
No joke...
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:23:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Reasonable shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I reading it right?   He clipped the mom and dad too?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I definitely missed that one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Paola French has said she believed that Kenneth French pushed or shoved the officer, Galipo said. Other witnesses have described Kenneth punching the officer.

Galipo said he does not believe the officer lost consciousness, though some witnesses have said he may have been knocked to the ground.
View Quote
The dead guy’s own mom says he started it and attacked the off duty cop.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, it was a good shoot. That's why they have put a one year hold on the video release.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're never gonna be able live that down...
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
well played.

the queen is not amused tho.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.  He shot all the people.  The son may have been reasonable, the mom and dad, no.  Cop is going to pay for the extra pew pew.  Parents are suing.  Prediction: they are going to get a big settlement, & cop will "move on" to another department.  Lather.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
He didn't clip them. He put a round through her back. Both the mom and dad were shot in the torso, putting her in a coma and the father lost a kidney. No one has said the parents were a threat - not even the officer.

Even if the first shot was justifiable, the other shots are going to be very costly. The officer fucked up big time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#23]
The story was on the news again this morning.  Standard crying parents justifying how their son was not right, with attorney blaming the off duty cop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#24]
"The officer also returned to the store the next day and was allowed to watch the surveillance video before making his statement to authorities"

Sketch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Missed that one sounds pretty bad.

I get having to defend yourself from a crazy person. Sounds like he shot the dude through the parents.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Missed that one sounds pretty bad.

I get having to defend yourself from a crazy person. Sounds like he shot the dude through the parents.
View Quote
No.  He shot the son, then the old parents, is the way I heard it.  He shot the mom in the back.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes.  He shot all the people.  The son may have been reasonable, the mom and dad, no.  Cop is going to pay for the extra pew pew.  Parents are suing.  Prediction: they are going to get a big settlement, & cop will "move on" to another department.  Lather.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Were they collateral damage or purposely shot?

Did you see the video?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No.  He shot the son, then the old parents, is the way I heard it.  He shot the mom in the back.
View Quote
The accounts are conflicting but it says the dad was holding the son when shot.

Sounds like the dude attacked a guy who just happened to be an officer. And while his aging parents were trying to hold him back from continuing the officer shot. Which likely wasn't a clean shoot striking the parents as well.

Having his bell rung he wasn't in his right mind and probably just shot not even gauging the situation.

Not a good shoot in my opinion but I'm not sure I could fault the guy. If it was me I would hope I would have the foresight not to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LAPD cop who killed a retarded guy and shot his parents as well while shopping inside a Corona, CA Costco.
View Quote

Well, Jesus... when you say it that way...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top