Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2019 5:47:24 PM EDT
My LDS just put up an all inclusive trip to CR (Pacific sude),  for the first week of November.  I think the diving is through Bill Beard's, I know the included zip line and horseback tour is.

Tell me about your CR experiences.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Where on the pacific side? North or south?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Daughter was there two years ago for two weeks and traveled to a number of different places. Never had any issues with people or crime and she said only got a bit nervous in San Jose.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Went there twice had a wonderful time

would love to go back
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where on the pacific side? North or south?
View Quote
Way up north, Playa Hermosa.  Almost Nicaragua
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm heading that way in 2 weeks,  We'll be near Tamarindo for both weeks,  first week for diving,  second week for surfing.  I'll give ya a trip report and some pics when I get back.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You're in luck.  I was just there in October.  Dove with Rocket Frog dive shop in Playa Del Coco / Playa Hermosa.  Had an absolute blast with them.  Diving was good, hotel were we at had great food and the staff was awesome.  And i went to check out the other dive shops while we were there.  Rocket Frog isn't the type of shop that's got a buncha gear to sell, but that's the nice thing about it.  They focused solely on the diving aspect.  We also did the ziplining, horseback riding, white water rafting, and rock climbing excursion with Bill Beards.  
Had a great time, just make sure if you pay them to do the photos, that you take a spare USB thumb drive and have the pics download to that.  The CD they gave us at the excursion wasn't formatted right when we got back to the hotel.  They made it right by putting it on a drive for us and delivered it to the hotel.

Rocket Frog Divers
Hotel Colono Beach Property, Guanacaste Province, Playas Del Coco, 50503, Costa Rica
+506 8562 3340
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KJ8Gn
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Been there twice (most recently last May) and have dove the area around Playa del Coco. Went with Rich Coast Diving both times.

It's fun diving. A little chilly but not horrible. A 3mm wet suit and you should be good to go. Maybe even a shorty if you don't get cold too easily. Visibility is not the world's best, but still decent. There are mild currents but nothing insane.

Great wildlife there just off of Coco--lots of rays, eels, turtles, big schools of fish and a number of whitetip reef sharks were there every time we dove there. Our first trip down there we saw two humpback whales--a mother and a calf--on the boat ride out to the mooring line.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top