Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2023 1:55:14 AM EDT
Only very recently have I seen what I look like from the back, pictured below. My 18 year blue collar job at which my right arm did 87% of the work has given me this obvious imbalance in my shoulder/upper arm. In the gym, both sides are equal in strength for the most part. Any tips to grow the left without it getting stronger than the right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
jerk off with your left more?

Honestly, I don't think there's a "trick."  More reps/weight on the left.  Probably more dumbell than barbell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Do less barbell work would be my only suggestion.  Same with any pulling movement.  Use a single cable or dumbells most of the time.  Don't make the weights heavier on your left.  Maybe do your left arm first when you're doing single arm stuff because you'll be more fresh on the first side you do.

I have the same issue with my right quad looking 20% bigger than my left from squatting so much.  I did the bio impedence scale at my gym and it said my right and left matched almost exactly everywhere, except my legs.  Weird thing is, it said my left leg is bigger.  I don't really trust those scales.  My cheaper home impedence scale matched it almost exactly though.

I joined a gym and started doing straight body building for 12 weeks to sort things out with the intention of getting back to powerlifting at home after 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Cutting the ponytail will increase yo test
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top