Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2023 8:54:45 AM EDT
I'll start off by stating that this is wholly embarrassing, on a scale of UGH. I work for a small rural Fire-Rescue and the logo they had made includes a US flag... with 96 stars. Needless to say, that doesn't bode well for a variety of reasons. Does anyone know the best recourse to adjust this? I was thinking of finding another blue star field and trying to replace it, but that's not something I am adept at. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you use AI to make the flag?

We'd need to see what you've got to give you suggestions on a course-correction.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:48:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK19] [#2]
I didn't create the logo, so I am unsure what software was used. Here's the logo -

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Photo shop a correct flag? I don't have it but that seems like it would be easy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Dale:
Photo shop a correct flag? I don't have it but that seems like it would be easy.
View Quote

If I still had PS, I would. I am severely lacking these days as my main PC for editting died awhile back and I am on a laptop now. But yes, that seems like the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
It could be done with PS, but you'd be much better off if you can track down the original files from the provider.  I'd just ask 'em.  They're probably vector files which are much more useful for this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh yea, that would be an easy fix with the original files. I thought it was gonna be some kind of waving flag with obscured stars.

Is that the largest size you have? It shouldn't be difficult to correct that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
did they send you a vector file?

Either way it's an easy fix, but if you're reproducing it anywhere but the Internet, you're going to want it to be a vector file.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#8]
edit: did this get moved?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
that is weird af
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#10]
Yep, super easy fix but you really want to do it to the original graphic file, not to that tiny png.

For laughs though, here it is with 51 stars, and I also fixed the weird slight off-justified rotation the flag had.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top