Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2020 3:55:22 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a CFI with their own aircraft in the area ? Sinton , Robstown , KCRP ? I live in Calallen/ Annaville area.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What do need to work on?

There was a school set up at the FBO in Sinton awhile back with a 172, not sure if they're still there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Was going to school flying a 172 at KCRP, the school closed and sent aircraft away. Prior to that, I passed the oral portion of the check ride but weather closed in and postponed the flight part. Unless FAA extends times due to this covid mess, I'll need to get current with sign offs to retest. May need to get current sign offs anyway. I have time in C172N and PA-28 Archer .

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I messaged a couple guys and they don't know of anyone in the area.  

I have a good friend who helped me prep for my checkrides, he's an airline pilot with some spare time these days but he's in North Louisiana.  If you had time to go up there he could get you prepped quick and set you up with a checkride.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy is a Navy flight school instructor at Corpus and also a CFI, but he doesn’t have a plane. I’ll see if he knows anyone, he just relocated there, though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Could maybe rent a 150 or 172 in Sinton.  

If he wants to do the instruction I can see if he'd lease a plane.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a 172C in Sinton , 1962 with manual flaps. Would like to find an N or M model.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I learned to fly down there.  There was not much when I was flying.  I flew with SkyView, started at CRP then they moved to KTFP.  They were good folks.  They closed up shop due to lack of interest, IIRC.

The good news about learning to fly in S Texas, you get REALLY good at flying in the wind and learning crosswinds.  

You might also check with the soaring club in Refugio.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to keep a plane in Sinton.  

If the windsock hasn't blown off the pole, weathers fine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top