Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I quit sports for now. It all got too woke for me. NFL started it all and I had my Bama football but Saben went all in woke so I'm just done for now. I have the same streaming service as you but used to have the Hulu with all the channels now just the cheaper commercial free one and have favorites that record for a short while.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Professional sports is the fun engaging entry to the full TV propaganda spectrum, don't engage in it at any level.

You want sports? Go to a kids ball game. As an added benefit, they will be proud you are there instead of overtly insulting you for watching.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I loved baseball. I really did. Until the MLB decided to push the communist voter fraud agenda and punished Georgia for trying to prevent a repeat of 2020.

I used to subscribe to mlb.tv and watch on my Apple TV and iPad before that. If you want local games antenna is probably the best way to go, since they won’t let you watch in-market games (or a VPN if you do that).
View Quote

Baseball has always been a passion of mine. Haven’t watched a game this year. This is from a guy that used to quote statistics from the old days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Intermittently?  Cut the cord years ago.  Have Disney+ and Hulu/ESPN+ (free with Verizon).  We're not big sports watchers but like to watch from time to time.  Doesn't make sense to pay for anything.  Tried to watch Monday night football tonight, that's not included with ESPN+.  

What are my options?
View Quote

I don't....not worth the time to watch any of that BS
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seriously, people still watch wokeball?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Streaming media is approaching cable/satellite pricing.  Not so much the good deal it used to be.  

YouTube TV has all the ESPN stuff and SEC/ACC networks. Big Ten network as well. Pretty good if you like college football.  
If you're into a particular local MLB team, tough luck.  Fox Sports sold their regional stuff to Bally Sports.  Bally does not have a contract with YTTV or Hulu.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I simply do not watch professional sports, particularly NFL, NBA, MLB.

Don’t be a POS and watch these millionaire ball chasers.  It only breeds bad behavior on their part.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don’t.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

that.

if you really still want to see a game a month go to a sports bar. even with food and a couple beers its still cheaper to do that once a month than have the packages. or if you're a normal person with friends, go to a friends house.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I use Hulu on the rare occasion I need sports channels. I get SEC football and NFL.  Hulu live I like better than Sling.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't watch any proball, but do watch college.

Sling Orange + sports add-on is the cheapest option I've found to get ESPN and SEC network for the games that aren't on an OTA network.  I sign up in September, drop it in November.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw a sale a while ago. All the channels - $5.
People asked over and over, is that $5 a month, $5 a year ? Complete brain freeze.
$5 for everything for ever.

Fair price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I don’t watch woke racist anti white sports.  You want to watch it, go for it.  I prefer to not cheer for people that hate me based on the color of my skin
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes you cut the cord, sometimes the cord cuts you
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Become a Pittsburgh pirates fan
Then there’ll be no point to watching the games on TV

I dislike the steelers since Dan Rooney and they exposed “the steeler way” for being a crock when they let the rapist back into the team and he’s still their QB

PS football should be on ESPN which I still have
I have limited number of channels.   Most Is like to get rid of but a la carte is priced even higher , even if you get free channels than what the packages cost.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Stopped watching sportsball when they became woke.  College and pro sportsball is dead to me.  I actually feel liberated.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You don't.
View Quote

This. Stop giving them money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I watch hockey occasionally on my brothers NHL subscription. I watch fights in the stands and injuries on the internet.
FNFL
FMLB
FNBA
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Why would you watch sportsball?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I just don't.  In fact it's a primary reason I cut the cord and went to apps.  

The cost of cable TV is what it is because they have to pay these regional sports networks millions to carry it. They spread that cost to their entire customer base so the "muh football" retards don't have to pay thousands a month.

Multimillion dollar contracts don't come from the twenty dollar hot dogs they sell. They come from people who don't even watch those assholes but wind up paying anyway.

This is why you will never get "pay for what you watch."

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’ve gone back to baseball on the radio, OTA or on the internet.
I grew up listening to games much more than on tv, I love it.
View Quote

Same for me. Bally Sports screwed the fan base in my area and from what I hear most people are pissed with their take over of baseball. The only way I could stream a game would be to subscribe to an AT&T plan that costs as much or more than a satellite contract. HULU nor Sling carry any Bally broadcasts which sucks. I can listen to the game on the radio while doing other things, I enjoy the visualizations from a good radio broadcaster more than watching unless I can watch live. Plus I don't have to watch all the woke ass commercials the networks want me to watch, it's usually a local business running ads on the radio.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#23]
OP, if you can't live without it, just watch the edited down to 12 minutes game replays on YouTube. You see everything you need to see. Why waste three hours of your life?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Never forget anything we reacted to watch on ESPN+

Mostly OTA or go to a sports bar/restaurant on the few occasions we want to watch something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Same for me. Bally Sports screwed the fan base in my area and from what I hear most people are pissed with their take over of baseball. The only way I could stream a game would be to subscribe to an AT&T plan that costs as much or more than a satellite contract. HULU nor Sling carry any Bally broadcasts which sucks. I can listen to the game on the radio while doing other things, I enjoy the visualizations from a good radio broadcaster more than watching unless I can watch live. Plus I don't have to watch all the woke ass commercials the networks want me to watch, it's usually a local business running ads on the radio.
View Quote

Supposedly, Bally is launching a "stand alone" app next year that will be marketed towards MLB fans.  Here's the kicker, it's rumored to be $20 per month.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#26]
More or less I don't

No NFL
NO NBA
Quit Greedball (MLB) in 1995

No cable since 2005

Got a life instead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck sports.

Complete waste of time to watch other people play a game that has no bearing on my life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Look at me, I don't watch sports. I'm so important and better than you. I stand by the water with a pole in my hand instead, thinking about life and how stoic and principled I am.

Anyway, to the OP....

I still like college football, so I use an antennae for broadcast channels, and find grey-area streaming sites for stuff that doesn't cover that...most are rebroadcasting European feeds. It can be hit or miss, but if you shop around you can find about anything.

And, occasionally, if it's a game I really wanna sit and enjoy, I go find a BW3 and drink a beer and watch there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I hear cucks are watchers. Go join a club team. Rugby clubs will take literally anyone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Intermittently?  Cut the cord years ago.  Have Disney+ and Hulu/ESPN+ (free with Verizon).  We're not big sports watchers but like to watch from time to time.  Doesn't make sense to pay for anything.  Tried to watch Monday night football tonight, that's not included with ESPN+.  

What are my options?
View Quote

@medicmandan

Amplified antenna, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and stop watching sports. If you just HAVE to watch something go to the local sports bar and watch it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You don't.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hear cucks are watchers. Go join a club team. Rugby clubs will take literally anyone.
View Quote

Yeah, rugby is where it's at. A big group of sweaty, doughy white guys in a big pile...no icky pads separating them while they grunt, push and manhandle each other over a football that looks like a birth control pill. Afterward they go for "a pint" at the craft brewery in their striped shirts and pretend they're more sophisticated than those basic 'muricans.

100% cuck free.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Download the NFL app and cast the screen to your tv
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Don't watch any of it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone whose job description that uses the words “act, play or game” contribute NOTHING to society.   If you disagree, please explaining society is better due to them.

Why are you concerned about those overpaid self-centered fuck-wads do?

Don’t you have anything better to do with your precious time?    Like spent some quality time with your wife,  play with your kids, enjoy the outdoors, improve your skills, learn a new skill, volunteer to help others, read a good book, read a bad book, reload more ammo.    Need I go on?7
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone whose job description that uses the words “act, play or game” contribute NOTHING to society.   If you disagree, please explaining society is better due to them.

Why are you concerned about those overpaid self-centered fuck-wads do?

Don’t you have anything better to do with your precious time?    Like spent some quality time with your wife,  play with your kids, enjoy the outdoors, improve your skills,    learn a new skill, volunteer to help others, read a good book, read a bad book, reload more ammo.    Need I go on?7
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I watch sports with the TV off or tuned to SyFy or History Channel.

If a sport happens to randomly show up in those situations, I might watch for a second.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Was paying $180 a month for Directv. Got a firestick ($19.99) and a subscription to YouTubeTV ($65). I can watch pretty much with anything since we already had Netflix and Prime through Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone whose job description that uses the words "act, play or game" contribute NOTHING to society.   If you disagree, please explaining society is better due to them.
View Quote

Society isn't bridges, street lights and buildings. It's made up of a tapestry of things, from production and output to social structure, culture, art, and yes - even it's entertainment. Every advanced society the world has ever known has included theater, games, and distraction. It's necessary to human evolution past the hunter gatherer groups. The Romans were as much about sport as they were about military, expansion and engineering. It's all woven together.

And, even you think they contribute nothing, which is a reductive and simple-minded analysis, it's wrong on the face of it if you even devote 10 seconds of critical thinking. Those people, by virtue of their popularity (which is a demand that's being met by them acting, playing and doing a game) facilitate thousands and thousands of jobs from the people who host and produce their games and programs, to the normal tradespeople who support it, build their stadiums, install the lights, or whatever it takes for people to be entertained.

And, there's also a beautiful ancillary benefit to sports....or there used to be. We used to set aside political, social and bitter cultural divides and use the tribalism of sports and teams to have a safe and innocent place to put these rather dangerous human inclinations. That was their utility, even the Romans knew it. It was a social glue, sometimes used as an opiate, but it's almost impossible to imagine a post enlightenment society that didn't include performative culture.

I guess the Russians after WWII came close? You want to emulate that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
lots of edgy people chiming in with no help tonight.....

View Quote
There's nothing edgy about not watching sports
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't need to watch Wokesportzball.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I go to the bar if there’s something worth watching
View Quote

Basically this. Or have a friend who likes to get the fights pay per view.

Otherwise don’t watch, don’t care, don’t know many who do anymore. There’s tons of free stuff out there though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't watch sports.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Sports? Why support communists?

They hate you and this country. We all have to make sacrifices here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Easy

I dont watch sports because sports suck
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't watch wokeball. My time is better spent being productive at home rather than holding down a chair or couch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Now for an actual answer, I use an antenna for local televised games. If the game I want is not available that way, then I use the Kodi app on my Firestick. Tons of addons you can use for sports.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No sports is a feature, not a bug.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sports? Why support communists?

They hate you and this country. We all have to make sacrifices here.
View Quote

You can watch without supporting, especially financially. In fact, it feels even better and more subversive to take from them without supporting.

Why sacrifice when you can have some fun? They wanna play commie games? Fine, don't give them your $$ but take their labor...it's wealth redistribution.

Jeesh guys, you are doing this all wrong. Don't live like a monk, live like a pirate.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top