BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2018 12:08:22 AM EDT
[MV] ??? ?? - Korean Military Song

Edited with correct video
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool vid.  I never worked with the ROKs, but my dad did.

He said they were tough as shit.  The shit they would do as punishment would land an American nco in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I read Chickenhawk (about Hueys in Nam).

He recounts how the ROK "Tigers" went out in indian country where nobody could find the enemy.

They came back with a pyramid of severed VC heads and a few mortar plates.

Oh no, the ROK are absolutely nothing to fuck with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
from the comments

Dear brothers of Republic of Korea Army, Firstly, I am very happy to see your Army developed and become braver and braver than ever. However, my brothers, I know that there are some of our brothers are forgetting our mission: to protect justice, our nation and our citizens, our families. Please do not forget it, please. Your noble nation must be protected from the communism. That is the most evil thing on this world. If you fail, your nation will be lost; your country will be poor. The mind of your beloved people will be controlled.

Brothers, I know that you are living in good conditions and you are forgetting the war; there are even some people turned to love the communism. But please don't. Please remind yourself everyday that the war is never end; and that if you want peace, you must be ready for the war. Please! Brothers, I know that you are asking where I come from and why I am writing these lines with my blood and tears, for people and army of another country, another nation. I come from Vietnam, you know Vietnam now, right? A country under control of a communism nation. Right here, there is only one party to vote; history are lies; mind of people is controlled like in China. Houses of people can be destroyed to build villas for mandarins, and so on. Everything is the same like in North Korea, except we can trade and go to many place easier, and have more channels of TV to watch, have more music to listen. And right now when I click button "Post", I know that I am not in the safe zone anymore. It is quite clear for you to understand, right? I hope so, brothers.

And you know the reason made my country like that? Briefly...We had a republic, too: Republic of Vietnam, like your nation: Republic of Korea. But we did not save it although your President Park Chung Hee tried to help us much. In 1975, almost of our people trust the communists. And, we lost. We lost our nation, our freedom. You lost an ally. My young brothers, I hope that after know about us, please ask someone old in your family about us... I hope and I need to know that our close ally has not forgotten us... And, do not forget to protect your nation from the devils... God bless you, R.O.K, our ally. A Republic of Vietnam Ranger, R.O.V Ranger Corps, Republic of Vietnam Army
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
While we got our commies roaming the streets
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He said they were tough as shit.  The shit they would do as punishment would land an American nco in Leavenworth.
View Quote
He was right. While on Guard duty one night, long after midnight curfew I watched a jeep with a senior NCO in it driving down the road, in front of him were two junior enlisted men in full gear running to stay in front of him. I still wonder what they did to get force marched through the winter night.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Massive reading comprehension failure, mah b. ROK not ROC
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
from the comments

Dear brothers of Republic of Korea Army, Firstly, I am very happy to see your Army developed and become braver and braver than ever. However, my brothers, I know that there are some of our brothers are forgetting our mission: to protect justice, our nation and our citizens, our families. Please do not forget it, please. Your noble nation must be protected from the communism. That is the most evil thing on this world. If you fail, your nation will be lost; your country will be poor. The mind of your beloved people will be controlled.

Brothers, I know that you are living in good conditions and you are forgetting the war; there are even some people turned to love the communism. But please don't. Please remind yourself everyday that the war is never end; and that if you want peace, you must be ready for the war. Please! Brothers, I know that you are asking where I come from and why I am writing these lines with my blood and tears, for people and army of another country, another nation. I come from Vietnam, you know Vietnam now, right? A country under control of a communism nation. Right here, there is only one party to vote; history are lies; mind of people is controlled like in China. Houses of people can be destroyed to build villas for mandarins, and so on. Everything is the same like in North Korea, except we can trade and go to many place easier, and have more channels of TV to watch, have more music to listen. And right now when I click button "Post", I know that I am not in the safe zone anymore. It is quite clear for you to understand, right? I hope so, brothers.

And you know the reason made my country like that? Briefly...We had a republic, too: Republic of Vietnam, like your nation: Republic of Korea. But we did not save it although your President Park Chung Hee tried to help us much. In 1975, almost of our people trust the communists. And, we lost. We lost our nation, our freedom. You lost an ally. My young brothers, I hope that after know about us, please ask someone old in your family about us... I hope and I need to know that our close ally has not forgotten us... And, do not forget to protect your nation from the devils... God bless you, R.O.K, our ally. A Republic of Vietnam Ranger, R.O.V Ranger Corps, Republic of Vietnam Army
View Quote
Park Chung Hee was a hero and did what needed to be done. Many claim he was brutal and that his assassination was a good thing.

The matter of the fact it that he saved the ROK from the DPRK and fought off the communists.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
been there done that fucked a midget got a Tshirt.

I have accumulated 18 months in South Korea I love it there  but what will kill communism is stuff like this video here

Girls' Generation ???? 'PARTY' MV
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hard times make hard men. My parents' generation had it tough.

This is reflected in how they raised their kids. Compared to how people raise their kids today, my childhood was pretty Spartan.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone opposing communism that isn't a Nazi or a jihadi is a-ok in my book. I spent a week or so in the Pusan area in my 0311 days--good times, though I did have a pizza at a trendy pizza place that had corn on it, that was kinda weird.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read Chickenhawk (about Hueys in Nam).

He recounts how the ROK "Tigers" went out in indian country where nobody could find the enemy.

They came back with a pyramid of severed VC heads and a few mortar plates.

Oh no, the ROK are absolutely nothing to fuck with.
View Quote
The ROKA and ROKMC also wiped out their share of villages. They had no problem working up an ol’ number 6.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top