Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2020 8:03:19 AM EDT
Looks like I’ve got a decent crop of Ghosties coming this year. Anybody got any favorite recipes or tips they like ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Just made these.... along with the habanero hot mustard to use for the aioli. I’d definitely make again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Cook with them?  I'm askeered to even open this thread.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m a pepper head but draw a line at ghost pepper.  I’ve tried them but don’t enjoy them at this point in my life.  That no doubt that would be different if my plumbing was younger.  I’m envious of those who do partake of that flavor level.......

Good luck with whatever recipe you end up using the ghost in, Bon Appetit......
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Obviously removing the seeds and guts will cut down on heat.

You can simmer them in milk then discard milk and rinse them to keep flavor but remove more heat (capsicum oil).

Making hot sauce and jams/jellies is always a favorite of mine. Remember the only thing that tastes like peppers is peppers, cut them with non hits like bell. Also buy some 5 oz woozy bottles and look up hot packing and acidity levels to make shelf stable product. Nice to have in pantry and give as gifts.

peppers freeze really well. You can gut and clean them, then freeze for year round use. Popping one into a pot of chili etc.

You can dry them and then grind with other spices to make some killer seasoning. Smoking peppers first works great in this application.

Cheers and good luck. -John
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Pro Tip: Put at least 1 roll of toilet paper in the freezer for later.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
No. Just no.

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
We have red ghost coming in. Also habenero's, and Carolina Reapers, can't wait.

Hot sauce or Sriracha is about the only thing you can make, with that level of heat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
They make an excellent jelly, I serve it over cream cheese chilled, with crackers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top