Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2018 11:21:31 AM EDT
Couldn't find an apropriate thread, and noticed we don't really have a composotion thread, but saw this pic here and...

awesome shot, good lighting, great subject, but good gravy, couldn't the photographer get that aircraft centered and on-axis?  It's not like he didn't have plenty of time to get the lights and reflectors and get everyone posed.  And what the hell is with #3 from the left resting his elbow on #2's leg?

And with the rest of their arms; all the guys on the right got it right; why couldn't the guys on the left do that too?

It just LEAPS out at me and kills the whole thing.

I find the more I shoot the more I find myself examining these kinds of elements in other's work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the off-axis framing. It allows you to see more of the plane's shape.
That said, I would have done it more off-axis so that it was seen as an artistic decision instead of a mistake.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, a chop-job like that would get that pic culled out on the first pass for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top