BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:
The rich liberal may not like the Golem they created.
View Quote

They will not be paying.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stockshift:
Don't forget, some of the tax cuts passed by the Trump administration expire after the 2025 tax year, if not renewed.  

This means the top individual income tax rate on ordinary income goes up, and the higher standard deduction goes away.  And some other stuff.

View Quote

Yep I'm sure that's going to hurt my family. But Biden said no one making less than 400K a year would see taxes increase. I sure as fuck don't make anywhere near that.
Both parties are thieving bastards.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Your average, brainless democrat is unable to remember what happens to THEM, PERSONALLY every time taxes like these are applied to others.

"Well, it's fine by me" they'll say, carefully adding that since they really aren't sure what a Capitol Gain actually is, it must not apply to them in any way.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
We need to punish prosperity so that we can better reward laziness.
View Quote

Sincerely this is correct.  To put it more precisely, capital gains tax is the best way to limit the creation of generational wealth.  And the smooth brain poors lap it up because "tax the rich".  LMFAO, it won't hurt those that have ALREADY created generational wealth you dummies.  

It's literal marxism.  You'll own nothing and be happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cranberry1:

Good he fucked me out of 3 or 4 thousand on my tax returns every year

he fucked a lot people with his stupid tax bill .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Don't forget, some of the tax cuts passed by the Trump administration expire after the 2025 tax year, if not renewed.  

This means the top individual income tax rate on ordinary income goes up, and the higher standard deduction goes away.  And some other stuff.

no he didn't.  and your attitude and understanding about it is retarded and why individual prosperity will continue to decline in the US.

True story: nobody ever looks at the total amount of tax they pay, all they look at is if they got a refund or not.  It's designed that way to keep stupid people stupid and useful.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 18B30:
The rich liberal may not like the Golem they created.
View Quote

This will not affect the rich at all, they have sheltered their money.  

This will hurt the middle class only, as it was designed to, no matter what they say to the contrary.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:
If you told the average American that he would pay ZERO taxes, and would have more money, but it meant that the rich would also pay no taxes, and have more money, he would not want it.

We're a dumbass nation and getting worse with every election cycle
View Quote

Sadly, I think you are absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

you were previously fucking me due to your state's stupidity on SALT
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Gotta have money to air drop in Ukraine and across the M.E., plus to fund all the new voters and anti-gun projects.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I checked Biden doesn't make laws and has no power to implement a capital gains tax increase.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how much of that money goes to NGOs to "build democracy". The reality these are just transfer payments to left-wing groups. Their people are loyal to their side because their livelihood depends on it.

If conservatives were smart they'd cut all .gov payments to these groups. That way you could save a pile of money while at the same time hurting the progressive political machine. Instead, we pay them all kinds of tax dollars and fund our own destruction because we're afraid to look mean
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NavyDoc1] [#13]
Originally Posted By thesquidliest:
Ah, thx.  Thank goodness for smart folks like you to help guide the rest of us smooth brains.

ETA: Still terrible policy, but to be expected from career bureaucrats who've never had to meet payroll.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDalton:
Won't mean anything to you, OP, if you don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars of long term cap gains every year.
Ah, thx.  Thank goodness for smart folks like you to help guide the rest of us smooth brains.

ETA: Still terrible policy, but to be expected from career bureaucrats who've never had to meet payroll.

Except he's wrong and his position doesn't make any sense.   It's not "those who make over a million dollars in gains every year" --how would that even work? You made a million in capital gains every year for the last ten years so we are retroactively tax those years at 44.6%? They have some sort of crystal ball and can see your gains in the future?  It's a 44.6% tax on gains in single year, on an asset held longer than a year, so if grandpa sells the family farm he bought for 300K 30 years ago for 1.3 million, he would have to pay 44.6% on that million dollar gain the year he sold it.

Long-term capital gains tax
A long-term capital gains tax is a tax on profits from the sale of an asset held for more than a year. The rates are 0%, 15% or 20%, depending on your taxable income and filing status. The IRS says most people pay no more than 15% on their long-term capital gains  
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
If this insanity ever passed a high earner in NYC would be paying 57 or 58% to taxes.
View Quote
Taxation is theft
Over 50% taxation? Put chains on them and whip them, massah president
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#17]
If you told the average American Democrat that he would pay ZERO taxes, and would have more money, but it meant that the rich would also pay no taxes, and have more money, he would not want it.

View Quote

.Democrats always advertise a "tax on the rich" which sounds okay until you find out that the Democrats think you're rich.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
If you told the average American that he would pay ZERO taxes, and would have more money, but it meant that the rich would also pay no taxes, and have more money, he would not want it.

View Quote

We fucked up with universal suffrage.

Not everyone should get a vote.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

You're assuming the lower tier capital gains don't go up with it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
Won't mean anything to you, OP, if you don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars of long term cap gains every year.

You're assuming the lower tier capital gains don't go up with it.

Actually, I'm not assuming anything, I answered the guys specific question about a specific proposal that currently doesn't include raising those lower brackets, based on the information provided.

You're welcome to make whatever doom assumptions you'd like, though, if it helps you feel worse.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

STOP. FUCKING. SPENDING. Cut every agency budget by 25-50%; eliminate a half-dozen agencies. Most won't like it, but entitlement reform is the only way to really address the hemorrhaging.

It's been proven over the years that revenue goes up when taxes are cut.

Cut corporate tax rates and quit penalizing them. Incentivize them to move their HQ's back the US.

Open the flood gates on American energy; as a net-producer potential, we could make grade strides in cutting the deficit.

Taxes the worst thing for society when the government refuses to quit spending, wants to grow, and wants to use that tax money to fund their own power. Taxes and government are a necessary evil for a large society; the only way tolerate them is to keep them both very, very small.

ROCK6
View Quote

Basically this.  Deficit spending cannot be overcome be taxing harder if the budget just goes up to keep on deficit spending.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#21]
Yeah gonna succotash if you have a high net worth

Although trump tax cuts excluded doctors and lawyers and high earners in some blue states (NY and CA), initially disallowing the writing off of state taxes on federal returns, hurting all their residents irrespective of the their political party or affiliations...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I dunno, I saw an extra $3000 in my wallet every year from it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Whats the solution to paying off 35 trillion if we don’t raise taxes?

View Quote

Probably default on the debt, new devalued currency, we're all fucked.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CTM1:  If this insanity ever passed a high earner in NYC would be paying 57 or 58% to taxes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:  I'm more concerned about the 2% Net Worth Tax (NWT) that is being floated. Sure, that Capital Gains Tax (CGT) would hurt; but imagine not selling any of your assets; but you would still have to pay a yearly NWT... which forces you to sell assets, in order to pay the NWT, which would trigger a CGT too!  Fucking madness!!!
Accountant
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#26]
"Somehow wins again"

Are we talking about Trump here? Because of the two contenders for November's boxing match, only one is sitting in the oval office. If the election was stolen as asserted, then what's to stop another stolen election again? And if the election wasn't stolen, then he rightfully lost - so how is he going to pull off a win again?

Every scenario is stacked against Trump and OP posits that the potato might not win again.

Comedy writes itself in GD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:  STOP. FUCKING. SPENDING. Cut every agency budget by 25-50%; eliminate a half-dozen agencies. Most won't like it, but entitlement reform is the only way to really address the hemorrhaging.  It's been proven over the years that revenue goes up when taxes are cut. Cut corporate tax rates and quit penalizing them. Incentivize them to move their HQ's back the US. Open the flood gates on American energy; as a net-producer potential, we could make grade strides in cutting the deficit. Taxes the worst thing for society when the government refuses to quit spending, wants to grow, and wants to use that tax money to fund their own power. Taxes and government are a necessary evil for a large society; the only way tolerate them is to keep them both very, very small.  ROCKET J. SQUIRREL
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
I'm more concerned about the 2% Net Worth Tax (NWT) that is being floated. Sure, that Capital Gains Tax (CGT) would hurt; but imagine not selling any of your assets; but you would still have to pay a yearly NWT... which forces you to sell assets, in order to pay the NWT, which would trigger a CGT too!

Fucking madness!!!

Accountant
View Quote

Username fits!!

And I had not even heard that one yet, but no fucken surprise there from this group of asshole politicians. They are intent on destroying this country as it is.  Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#29]
We own a bunch of pipeline stocks all of which are MLPs. They will SOAR if shit for brains gets that CG Tax actually implemented.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Eliminate all unconstitutional federal programs. That should reduce the federal budget by about 3 trillion a year. Leave taxes where they are now, and the debt will be paid off in 15ish years then taxes can be reduced.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Lmao @wildearp that's hilarious.  He looks like a whiney little bitch!!

FJB!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By fingas:
Considering 50% of the population already doesn't pay taxes I bet you are correct.
View Quote

I’m sure glad we let them vote. Definitely a recipe for success.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

Eliminate all unconstitutional federal programs. That should reduce the federal budget by about 3 trillion a year. Leave taxes where they are now, and the debt will be paid off in 15ish years then taxes can be reduced.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GenoGS:

This is definitely a start! The amount of programs and agencies funded by our government is astounding.  

You cannot even track where all of it is going anymore. But to think raising taxes is the solution!!
Nope! Cut the spending!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDalton] [#34]
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Except he's wrong and his position doesn't make any sense.   It's not "those who make over a million dollars in gains every year" --how would that even work? You made a million in capital gains every year for the last ten years so we are retroactively tax those years at 44.6%? They have some sort of crystal ball and can see your gains in the future?  It's a 44.6% tax on gains in single year, on an asset held longer than a year, so if grandpa sells the family farm he bought for 300K 30 years ago for 1.3 million, he would have to pay 44.6% on that million dollar gain the year he sold it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Long-term capital gains tax
A long-term capital gains tax is a tax on profits from the sale of an asset held for more than a year. The rates are 0%, 15% or 20%, depending on your taxable income and filing status. The IRS says most people pay no more than 15% on their long-term capital gains  

You must be seeing things that aren't there. Somebody else must have been talking about "those who make over a million in gains every year".

But it's not 44.6% on any gains, it's apparently an increase for the top bracket an additional LTCG bracket they want to add to the existing brackets, as I understand it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#35]
He's also said he'll let the PDJT tax cuts expire in 2025. There goes your standard deduction among others that led to some real economic gains.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Your retirement and house will probably fall under those gains. What did you pay for your house? IRA in stocks? Guess what.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDalton] [#37]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:

Your retirement and house will probably fall under those gains. What did you pay for your house? IRA in stocks? Guess what.
View Quote

Just stop . Yes my IRA is in stocks and bonds...but IRA's are taxed as regular income, not capital gains. My house is still well within the exemption limits, but if I sell it, I'll be putting that money in another house, so guess what...yeah that's right...no cap gains

eta: Also, OP said he's one of us poors, so I took him at his word, if that matters.

eta2: if you wanted to gotcha me, you should have said that the bracket is determined by taxable income, so technically you could have regular income of $500k, and cap gains of only $19k to push you above the current $518,900 top of 15% LTCG bracket. But again, he said he's one of us poors, and I didn't feel like looking up the brackets yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cavedog] [#38]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top