Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/15/2019 9:26:59 PM EDT
Not sure why the RMGO didn't include a 2nd amendment challenge to this law as well.  Although I had read about Colorado coping the Missouri RKBA provision, this is the first attorney I've ever heard mention that in their discussions.  COSC should finally conclude that the RKBA in the CO constitution is a "fundamental" right, which will require them to overrule case law in that state.  MOSC, finally stated as much for theirs in Missouri v. Clay, but came to the wrong conclusion in that case...regardless....you guys should be looking at a win and I think this Attorney did a good job for you guys.

Cheers!

RMGO -Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
RKBA -Right to keep and bear arms
COSC -Colorado Supreme Court
MOSC -Missouri Supreme Court
LCM -Large Capacity Magazines

[youtube]U1QRlM9qIe4?t=2423[/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to see.

Still very skeptical of outcome though..... my faith in government is very damaged.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
"Why should we be bound by decisions of the SCOTUS?"
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you help me understand what this means? Is this the magazine ban case?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to see.

Still very skeptical of outcome though..... my faith in government is very damaged.
View Quote
The Courts: It is obvious that two plus two is four, two times two is four, and two squared equals four, therefore this court finds five.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
RMGO, RKBA, COSC,MOSC. Speak English so we have some idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
What in the fuck is going on in here???

Eta: What the hell is LCM?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you help me understand what this means? Is this the magazine ban case?
View Quote
@SFENDER  Correct.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RMGO, RKBA, COSC,MOSC. Speak English so we have some idea what the fuck you are talking about.
View Quote
@Traderjac  Ok..I'll update the original post as well...lol.

Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Never mind OP beat me to it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What in the fuck is going on in here???

Eta: What the hell is LCM?
View Quote
@Napalmsticks

LCM - Large Capacity Magazines
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
@McGuy
Would have been better if the attorney had simple said, Article 6 is what constrains this court.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@McGuy
Would have been better if the attorney had simple said, Article 6 is what constrains this court.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@McGuy
But I watch guys like this attorney at work and I'm gobsmacked at their capacity to come up with answers to questions that would be hard to predict and prepare for. This guy is a stud.

ETA- great post , OP.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Aren't we supossed to wait for RBG to be replaced before we start setting precedents?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Napalmsticks

View Quote
30 rounds is standard capacity.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Section 13. Right to bear arms. The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.
View Quote
https://law.justia.com/constitution/colorado/cnart2.html
vs.
The   bill   prohibits   the   sale,   transfer,   or   possession   of   anammunition feeding device that is capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition or morethan 5 shotgun shells (large-capacity magazine). ...
View Quote
CO HB 1224
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good to see.

View Quote
You have any faith?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Aren't we supossed to wait for RBG to be replaced before we start setting precedents?
View Quote
Colorado Supreme Court there sizzlechest
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#19]
The more I watch of this, the more it seems the members of the court are hostile to his arguments. Betting they find with the anti-gun position.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@Napalmsticks

View Quote
Thanks for filling me in!
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

30 rounds is standard capacity.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
So the US Constitution and State Constitutions  which are contracts with the citizens/people, can be reinterpreted by the courts.

Simply put, rights are what we feel they are regardless of founding State or Federal documents.

Watching this drivel is why we are where we are. The contracts are null and void.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You have any faith?
View Quote
In the government or courts? Absolutely not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The more I watch of this, the more it seems the members of the court are hostile to his arguments. Betting they find with the anti-gun position.
View Quote
Probably a safe bet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Courts: It is obvious that two plus two is four, two times two is four, and two squared equals four, therefore this court finds five.
View Quote
Don’t say that. I’m afraid they’ll amend the ruling and limit us to 5 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Don't say that. I'm afraid they'll amend the ruling and limit us to 5 rounds.
View Quote
Because the last one was so....enforced?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The colorado supreme court is full of leftists. It has been that way for a long time.

Also RMGO is just as bad as republicans, neither are our friends.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
I'm surprised at how seldom the lawyers of GD post in gun law threads, thanks for showing up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't say that. I'm afraid they'll amend the ruling and limit us to 5 rounds.
View Quote
Realistically, if it's every truly held that states can limit to an arbitrary 10, then limits of 5 or less will be next like is currently the case in NYC and Canada for rifles. This is why they can never be allowed to win this if it gets to SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can’t buy mags anywhere around me. I can’t participate in any online mag sales. Pisses me off when people say it doesn’t matter.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Traderjac  Ok..I'll update the original post as well...lol.

View Quote
No NRA?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm surprised at how seldom the lawyers of GD post in gun law threads, thanks for showing up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
They all probably have more real lawyer work than I do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No NRA?
View Quote
Are you shocked?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No NRA?
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you shocked?
View Quote
Disappointed
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I can’t buy mags anywhere around me. I can’t participate in any online mag sales. Pisses me off when people say it doesn’t matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
LOLOL how many posts does the penguin have? (not that I'm picking on him)
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
I don't know if NY considers lawyers that practice outside of Manhattan to be real lawyers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol
What you laughing at?  Your ignorance?  NRA works behind the scenes and through state level organizations, that way there is a local face on this issue.

NRA Applauds Challenge to Colorado's Unconstitutional Magazine Ban
Fairfax, Va. - The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) praised the Colorado State Shooting Association (CSSA) today for filing an amicus brief in support of a challenge to Colorado's unconstitutional ban on common rifle and pistol magazines.
"Magazine bans do not deter criminals or improve public safety. Instead, they unconstitutionally burden the rights of law-abiding gun owners," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action.

At issue in the lawsuit is one of the measures signed into law by former Gov. John Hickenlooper which bans the possession, sale, purchase, or transfer of ammunition magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.

"The only people impacted by this ban are the law-abiding citizens who will be forced to defend themselves, their families and their homes from violent attack with sub-standard ammunition magazines. The National Rifle Association will continue supporting the rights of Coloradans to protect themselves," Cox concluded.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't know if NY considers lawyers that practice outside of Manhattan to be real lawyers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably a safe bet.
At the very least they're mostly beating their heads against the wall.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What you laughing at?  Your ignorance?  NRA works behind the scenes and through state level organizations, that way there is a local face on this issue.

Fairfax, Va. - The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) praised the Colorado State Shooting Association (CSSA) today for filing an amicus brief in support of a challenge to Colorado's unconstitutional ban on common rifle and pistol magazines.
"Magazine bans do not deter criminals or improve public safety. Instead, they unconstitutionally burden the rights of law-abiding gun owners," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA's Institute for Legislative Action.

At issue in the lawsuit is one of the measures signed into law by former Gov. John Hickenlooper which bans the possession, sale, purchase, or transfer of ammunition magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.

"The only people impacted by this ban are the law-abiding citizens who will be forced to defend themselves, their families and their homes from violent attack with sub-standard ammunition magazines. The National Rifle Association will continue supporting the rights of Coloradans to protect themselves," Cox concluded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol

Is that before or after they flew around on their private jets, shopping for new clothing, giving their family six figure do-nothing jobs, and then setting themselves up with sweet million dollar retirements packages all using members dues/donations
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is that before or after they flew around on their private jets, shopping for new clothing, giving their family six figure do-nothing jobs, and then setting themselves up with sweet million dollar retirements packages all using members dues/donations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol

You sound triggered.  Despite the shit show that Wayne caused the NRA is and has always supported the fight against magazine bans.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#44]
All of the judges but one are Democratic appointees.  I think I know how this turns out...
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

lol
View Quote
BROTHER THE N STANDS FOR NASHUNAL NOT STATE, THE NRA CANT BE EVERYWHERE AT ONCE YA KNOW
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You sound triggered.  Despite the shit show that Wayne caused the NRA is and has always supported the fight against magazine bans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol

"Supported."

Not "Participated in."

Applauding the work done by someone else doesn't get you credit for helping to do it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can't buy mags anywhere around me. I can't participate in any online mag sales. Pisses me off when people say it doesn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't buy mags anywhere around me. I can't participate in any online mag sales. Pisses me off when people say it doesn't matter.
U-Haul time, bud.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Oy vey, the acronyms have four letters now?

That's actually a perfectly valid question to ask every. single. time. before blindly reciting SCOTUS precedent via stare decisis.  We'd be in much better shape today if lower courts weren't so lazy or cowardly.  Justice Thomas has repeatedly said he believes the principle wouldn't even exist if lawyers & judges did their jobs diligently.  Now, being legally bound by orders is a bit different.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol

Is RMGO an NRA affiliate/partner?  What people are asking is if the org is contributing more than some paltry publicity with its own members, in between requests for more donations

I cut them slack on this sort of thing if they aren't claiming credit (they aren't) or casting aspersions (definitely not); once the lawyers are paid for & the case proceeding, there's nothing left to do but wait & see.  Sometimes there is really no need for additional outside assistance, apart from maybe an amicus brief (which probably doesn't really apply at this level of justice anyhow).
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No NRA?
lol

Just so long as they aren't emptied too quickly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top