Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2018 5:09:04 PM EDT
Who has watched this and can give me the verdict? I can't stand to listen to Noir talk for that long, more interested in Rubin's takes. Searched rubin, noir, etc.

Do You Really Understand Guns? | Colion Noir | GUNS | Rubin Report
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You want people to summarize a video for you that you found?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
He’s a good guy to have on our side.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What's not to like about Noir? He's intelligent, well spoken, and he's done more for gun rights than most of the people on this forum.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Turn on captions and watch it at 2x speed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want people to summarize a video for you that you found?
View Quote
Just play the vid in the background while you're busy being a jabronie or whatever, OP. They call it "found time" these days
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
To agree with the FNRA on banning....i mean regulating stuff?

Ya he's a real champion
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Good enough that I watched the whole 1:08:00.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Great stuff so far, 17 minutes in.  I've only ever seen Colion's NRA videos, never an interview.

I know there are a lot of haters here, but I'd love to see him on Glenn Beck's show.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The few videos that I have seen of him, he doesn’t strike me as an experienced gun guy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The few videos that I have seen of him, he doesn’t strike me as an experienced gun guy.
View Quote
From the interview, he seems to have a pretty good general knowledge.

More importantly, he understands the balance of states' rights vs. the constitution, and concepts of that nature.

I kind of wish he had pointed out that the AR-15 fires the smallest rifle round that is even remotely commonly used (I think the .17HMR is the only one that's smaller, and who the heck has one of those?), but that's nitpicking.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
He can tell right away that certain negative comments on Twitter and other social media outlets are by people who have never actually held or shot a gun.
A truer statement has never been made. I see the same people at work and in many other social settings. Yapping their behinds off with zero real world experience on anything firearm related.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#15]
It was good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck him. Still haven’t forgotten his race baiting antics.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Colion or Rubin?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
While I like watching Dave Rubin's show, this one seemed to lack structure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#19]
A better video is when the old (liberal) Rubin interviewed Larry Elder who beat him senseless with facts dispelling many liberal notions that Rubin had, which is what turned him from the dark side.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Would have been better if he spent less time on the technical details of various guns and more time on why regulated access to weapons isn't a useful approach to reducing violence. Yes, if you're going to advocate for restricting something it obviously matters for you to know what it is and what it does. And obviously we should call it out when people literally don't understand what something is that they're trying to ban, like if they think magazines have anything to do with making bullets penetrate armor.

But I don't think it's productive to nitpick with people over what the AR in AR15 stands for, or whether to say silencer or suppressor. When we nitpick about the technical details of guns, it's really discussing the issue on illogical terms. The debate is about whether or not restricting guns is a useful strategy to reduce violence, which puts the burden of proof on the affirmative statement.

I think something like this is the winning approach.

"About 60% of America's gun deaths each year are suicides. About 10% are done by cops on duty. The remainder are concentrated mostly in inner city communities that have been destabilized by the war on drugs. People tend to kill eachother more often when you keep their communities locked in perpetual cycles of generational poverty over victimless drug crimes. And when you don't, they don't. Kids grow up into violent adults when they grow up in fatherless homes because their dad is spending a large portion of his life in a cell over some weed they found in his glove box. Then when the dad does make it home, he has a felony on his record, which narrows his career options down to McDonalds and gang crime. What example does that set in the mind of his kid?

Canada's gun laws, if you look into the details, aren't that much stricter than America's. The process to get an assault rifle is harder, granted. But it isn't hard. And Switzerland's gun laws are like a gun nut's wet dream. Know what they both don't have? A war on drugs.

But sure, the national conversation should totally focus on buttstocks that you can fold sideways and how many bullets can fit inside this plastic rectangle with a spring in it."
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Would have been better if he spent less time on the technical details of various guns and more time on why regulated access to weapons isn't a useful approach to reducing violence. Yes, if you're going to advocate for restricting something it obviously matters for you to know what it is and what it does. And obviously we should call it out when people literally don't understand what something is that they're trying to ban, like if they think magazines have anything to do with making bullets penetrate armor.

But I don't think it's productive to nitpick with people over what the AR in AR15 stands for, or whether to say silencer or suppressor. When we nitpick about the technical details of guns, it's really discussing the issue on illogical terms. The debate is about whether or not restricting guns is a useful strategy to reduce violence, which puts the burden of proof on the affirmative statement.

"About 60% of America's gun deaths each year are suicides. About 10% are done by cops on duty. The remainder are concentrated mostly in inner city communities that have been destabilized by the war on drugs. People tend to kill eachother more often when you keep their communities locked in perpetual cycles of generational poverty over victimless drug crimes. And when you don't, they don't. Kids grow up into violent adults when they grow up in fatherless homes because their dad is spending a large portion of his life in a cell over some weed they found in his glove box. Then when the dad does make it home, he has a felony on his record, which narrows his career options down to McDonalds and gang crime. What example does that set in the mind of his kid?

Canada's gun laws, if you look into the details, aren't that much stricter than America's. The process to get an assault rifle is harder, granted. But it isn't hard. And Switzerland's gun laws are like a gun nut's wet dream. Know what they both don't have? A war on drugs.

But sure, the national conversation should totally focus on buttstocks that you can fold sideways and how many bullets can fit inside this plastic rectangle with a spring in it."
View Quote
Laying it all at the feet on the "war on drugs" is a cop-out.

Drug laws are only a very small part of the very large cultural problem in the inner city.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Drug laws are only a very small part of the very large cultural problem in the inner city.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think that the violence around drug markets mirrors the violence that existed around prohibition era alcohol markets? Or was that cultural as well?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't have time to watch the whole thing.

I like Colion Noir I liked his gun reviews before he was a NRA spokesman and after.

I've read on here he is a very approachable down to earth guy.

He has passed the BAR exam in Texas and is good guy to have on our side.

I don't agree with everything he says but I don't agree with anybody 100%.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:38:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Colion is an awesome voice for RKBA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:45:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You don't think that the violence around drug markets mirrors the violence that existed around prohibition era alcohol markets? Or was that cultural as well?
View Quote
There are some similarities but the prohibition era was brief in retrospect.

What has happened here is generational.  I'd say welfare and social programs have done more damage than the "war on drugs".
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Great stuff so far, 17 minutes in.  I've only ever seen Colion's NRA videos, never an interview.

I know there are a lot of haters here, but I'd love to see him on Glenn Beck's show.
View Quote
GB still has a show? I quit listening to him altogether during the 2016 election cycle.  Since he's off SiriusXM Patriot, he's off my radar.  I used to listen daily and was a paid subscriber to the Blaze TV until about 2014.  He's gone off the deep end, as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

GB still has a show? I quit listening to him altogether during the 2016 election cycle.  Since he's off SiriusXM Patriot, he's off my radar.  I used to listen daily and was a paid subscriber to the Blaze TV until about 2014.  He's gone off the deep end, as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote
He was pretty anti-Trump, but he's mellowed in that area.  He often hits on the same things that Colion was around the first part of the interview.  He's also a pro-gun guy, so there's that.  I enjoy his show and like hearing what he has to say.  It doesn't mean I have to agree with everything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Colion is an awesome voice for RKBA.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#29]
It's remarkable how self destructive gun owners can be when someone isn't 100% aligned with an others personal view of 2A.  Noir is kind of annoying at times, but he's on our side for fuck sake.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol
View Quote
Better than me or you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Never heard of him.
View Quote
The world weeps.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A better video is when the old (liberal) Rubin interviewed Larry Elder who beat him senseless with facts dispelling many liberal notions that Rubin had, which is what turned him from the dark side.
View Quote
Here's the meat and potato version.

The Moment LARRY ELDER changed DAVE RUBINS Mind Forever (Systemic Racism)
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#34]
He was on, Rogan a few months back. Seems like he's come a long way since his up-bringing. Guess he is a lawyer, too.

Yes, "I guess" he's on our side. He totes the NRA line. Just like, Dana L.

Sigh...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPXTWJhnYM
View Quote
That was ruthless
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Better than me or you.
View Quote
I haven't supported regulating bumpstocks...have you?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#37]
They both look gay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am not a fan.

When he went anti cop, I knew he was just an opportunistic prick.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Colion or Rubin?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Colion or Rubin?
Colion. The Philando Castile shooting brought out his true colors of being anti-NRA and anti-cop.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/6/27/15875708/philando-castile-shooting-video-nra

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/21/nras-colion-noir-on-controversial-cop-involved-shooting-philando-castile-should-be-alive-today
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I like them both.

Any man that deals with stupid shit like this and can maintain his sanity is ok by me.

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Colion rarely hits the point in a truly decisive manner.  On Rogan and especially on Mahr, he strays and most annoyingly allows himself to be taken aback by "gotcha" questions.  Then he fails to seize any real initiative and actually make a hard point.

Unfortunately among 2nd Advocates, we don't see anyone really capitalize in a manner similar to that of Cody Wilson, who literally plays the media and smashes the point he's trying to make.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phPXTWJhnYM
View Quote
God damn, he destroyed that guy.  I've always liked Larry Elder but he usually doesn't have that long to speak on Fox.

Give him his own show.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Rubin is learning, but he's still about 87% pantywaste.

At about 40 min, he suggests a state is ok violating an individual's Constitutional rights because that individual can suck it up and leave that state.

Until he gets this right, he's still a failure:

1. Constitutional Rights
2. State rights to do other stuff not in it.
3. Federal rights.

Or, if you want, you can reverse 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Cannot take that guy Colon seriously who ruined Hk VP9s by making them look like shit, plastering a shitty logo and then upping the price on them...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Colion rarely hits the point in a truly decisive manner.  On Rogan and especially on Mahr, he strays and most annoyingly allows himself to be taken aback by "gotcha" questions.  Then he fails to seize any real initiative and actually make a hard point.

Unfortunately among 2nd Advocates, we don't see anyone really capitalize in a manner similar to that of Cody Wilson, who literally plays the media and smashes the point he's trying to make.
View Quote
That's who I was hoping would make the rounds given the hysteria lately, but maybe the beatdowns he issued on the interviews didn't get him invited elsewhere. He was damned good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's who I was hoping would make the rounds given the hysteria lately, but maybe the beatdowns he issued on the interviews didn't get him invited elsewhere. He was damned good.
View Quote
Truth.  It's been a long time since I've complained out loud about a point during an interview, only to have that exact point blasted home like a missile.  Cue yelling "exactly!" at the computer like a moron...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#47]
If I'm not mistaken he supported BLM and went anti LEO in a couple speeches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top