Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/13/2020 11:30:24 AM EDT

Let this sink in.....US population around 330 million.........
Total number of Covid 19 cases so far in the US 3.3 million.

That means only 1% of the population has tested positive for Covid 19.
Make what you want of it . ??
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I want to know what percent have been tested
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
How many do we expect to get it? 50%? More?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to be in that 1%.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

42 million tests have been performed.   Who knows how many have been tested multiple times or got sick later long after being tested.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont forget, if a single person is tested postive fives times, that counts as five cases.  Not one case.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Just wait two more weeks....
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dont forget, if a single person is tested postive fives times, that counts as five cases.  Not one case.
View Quote

Yeah Cause people are rampantly getting retested.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
The whole thing has been lies on top of lies.
Do not care anymore.
Life goes on until it doesn't.
No one lives forever.
Might as well live how I like to live while I am here.
Not playing the con game anymore.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cite
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
CDC estimates 20-30M total cases so far, we never get every case tested in these large outbreaks.

I predict 70+% get it over the next few years. It's part of cold and flu season now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure if that was sarcasm, but some definitely are - many places have a rule that you need "x number" of negative tests after contracting it before you're allowed to return to whatever activity, such as work.  Whether or not those count as unique "cases", not sure.  The stats site that is used by my county and state has metrics for cases, and then metrics for PCR tests (pos/neg), and separate antibody (pos/neg).  Regardless, much heavy breathing I've seen in news articles has stemmed from the rise in number positive test results, based on the graphs cited.  Rarely is the % of positive tests out of all tests performed used as a metric...I suspect that is because it's been relatively flat in most areas.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it fucking doesn't - unless they're using multiple identities

Positive cases are submitted to the state health departments with identifying information.

The shit some of you come up with is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't want to be in that 1%.
View Quote

Lol, why? Unless you're an 80 year old diabetic with heart and lungs issues your chances of dying are about the same as getting in a fatal car wreck.

You do know about 70% of the population is going to eventually get it right? All we're doing is stretching it out the anxiety to infinity.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Positive cases are submitted to the state health departments with identifying information.

View Quote

Umm, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but that is most certainly the case.

But one example from Google: https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/virginia-begin-double-counting-positive-coronavirus-cases
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Let this sink in.....US population around 330 million.........
Total number of Covid 19 cases so far in the US 3.3 million.

That means only 1% of the population has tested positive for Covid 19.
Make what you want of it . ??
View Quote
Thank you for starting another useless thread on this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Lol, why? Unless you're an 80 year old diabetic with heart and lungs issues your chances of dying are about the same as getting in a fatal car wreck.

You do know about 70% of the population is going to eventually get it right? All we're doing is stretching it out the anxiety to infinity.
View Quote

If that's your attitude, why don't you go out and find a COVID-positive person to infect you. Get it over with.

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Two more weeks™
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

42 million tests have been performed.   Who knows how many have been tested multiple times or got sick later long after being tested.
View Quote

Everybody in my mother in law’s nursing home is getting tested 3x per week.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet 10 to 20 percent of the population will wear masks for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, yes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

?      Your position is not accurate.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I bet 10 to 20 percent of the population will wear masks for the rest of their lives.
View Quote

I would wager slightly higher.  I know people firsthand that are so fearful that I don't believed terrified would be an exaggeration.

It will be interesting to see what happens with mask mandates.  Will the mandates carry on forever and be enforced or will it end up like speed limits?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, it is. At least here in Texas, multiple tests on the same individual are not counted as separate cases.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

My dad is 79, perfectly healthy with zero comorbidities in a hospital fighting for his life from COVID-19. He had the flu last year and brushed it off. Were it not for COVID, he would be home enjoying life. Now he is fighting for it. You don't know if you'll be one of the few who gets really hit by this virus. It is rational to want to avoid it.

The Spanish Flu, the worst pandemic in modern history, infected 33% world wide over several years. There is no way COVID is going to hit 70%. I'd be surprised if it hits 33%.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If that's your attitude, why don't you go out and find a COVID-positive person to infect you. Get it over with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you go eat a dog turd if you knew it wouldn't kill you?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#28]
If 1% were dead, we'd be better off than the shit we're doing now. Most outrageous shit. I can't wait for the food shortages.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Deaths are all that matter.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do you come up with this stupid shit?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough task, you have to actually find someone who has it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, Cause people aren't rampantly getting retested.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
CDC estimates 20-30M total cases so far, we never get every case tested in these large outbreaks.

I predict 70+% get it over the next few years. It's part of cold and flu season now.
View Quote

Except it really isn’t.   It is part of the whole year season.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL.  You should not speak on things you know nothing about.  It takes a minimum of two negative swabs to come back to work in the ER here if you test positive.  So a positive swab means you are gong to be swabbed a minimum of 3 times, and get antigen testing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Let me know when the positives reach 70% so we quit talking about it 24/7.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually Sherrick understands .gov math better than you do.  True Story.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#38]
...........and don't forget that of those who develop Covid-19 symptoms the survival rate is 98%+.  Many of the positives never have any symptoms at all.  We only know of 3 people in our circle of acquaintances who have tested positive and they never had any symptoms whatsoever, much less be hospitalized.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#39]
It sank in.

Now what?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people that I know, who have been tested, have taken multiple tests. Especially the people who test positive.

Also, many employers are testing all employees every time there is an incident. Those people are getting multiple tests too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, it is. At least here in Texas, multiple tests on the same individual are not counted as separate cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least three counties in NC are using the same process as Texas.  I can’t speak for the rest of the state, but I know first hand that at least three counties in NC are not counting multiple positive tests from the same person as multiple positive cases.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not the number of cases that is worrisome.  It is the number of patients that meet criteria for inpatient hospitalization due to low O2 sats and shortness of breath.  Our hospital is running pretty high, and that is besides people that are in for normal stuff (surgery, kidney stones, COPD exacerbation, cardiac issues, infections, etc)  They are putting out a call for extra nurses as of yesterday.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LoL.  You should not speak on things you know nothing about.  It takes a minimum of two negative swabs to come back to work in the ER here if you test positive.  So a positive swab means you are gong to be swabbed a minimum of 3 times, and get antigen testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that’s required for return to work here is 14 days from a positive test.   No mandated testing upon return to work at the hospital.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Says who? There's no way to actually know any real #'s. All I can say for sure is this was planned years in advance and it's a multi faceted agenda, as usual. Experts, studies, graphs, charts, cases, and especially anything on the TV or mainstream social media is all lies. The CDC, WHO and the media cannot be trusted. For all we know there's only 1 monkey that has it in a lab or 4 billion people are infected or it doesn't exist at all or the worse version will hit this fall.  Who the F knows.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are. For example, before a Covid patient can be discharged from hospital to nursing home, they must have 2 negative tests in a row. Had a guy stay in icu without symptoms for about 43 days. That’s 43 positives in one man. Btw, 85 and beat it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#46]
In on what looks to be a great doomer thread.

We will see how this goes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the state is trying to do this. But when a person can go to a pop-up tent, a TXMedClinic, then CVS, I don't believe the state is nearly efficient enough to sort and consolidate all of these. There are just too many testing facilities now, with too many people wanting to have the highest number of cases possible.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

12.6% if you assume no one was tested twice. I’d guess around 10%.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

In hospitals they do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How many do we expect to get it? 50%? More?
View Quote

87%

But really, jus bout errbody gonna get it at some point
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top