Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2020 5:20:44 AM EDT
He held a live event a few days ago with a bunch of people attending, gave his thoughts on lockdowns and quarantines in the newest video (5:27) and it set some people off. I don't know if he preemptively disabled comments or had to do it later, but the offended crowd are going to the previous video to leave their angry comments, including some hinting at attempts to have sponsorships taken away. Some extra likes and subs could be helpful at the moment (I know that sounds like shilling, but I promise I have no affiliation of any kind).

My First Public SKID In War Bird!!! Literally a Terrifying Experience!! (so much freedom)
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of his sponsors are like-minded with him and his views.  Also, the crowd that will try to cancel Cleetus or his sponsors ARE NOT the type people buying products from his major sponsors.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck the Karens of the world, they are in for a rude shock when they finally discover their world is an illusion of security...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Karen's:
"YOU CAN'T DO THAT! GET INSIDE!"

Cleetus:
"Lol all my buddies are driving cross country to rip burnouts and drink Mountain Dew with me"

PFI Brent:
*Insert Joker laugh here in-between chugs of diet coke*

James Taal:
"I like jackstands and jackstand accessories."

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I love his channel.  Fuck the haters!
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol!

Cleetus needs to just keep on keepin on!

Fuck the chicken little sky is falling Karen's.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
He disabled the comments later. I watched the video last night and read some of the comments.

There is another issue with the event that probably caused him to do so.

A young kid built a shitbox "deathcart" for the burnout contest and suffered serious injuries when a coolant hose popped off. Kid basically parboiled himself and from what I gather is currently in ICU in bad shape.

People are all over Garrett (Cleetus) about not having safety/tech inspections.
On one hand, his business, his rules.
On the other hand, safety/tech is pretty commonplace in all forms of motorsports. He may learn a very expensive lesson over it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He disabled the comments later. I watched the video last night and read some of the comments.

A young kid built a shitbox "deathcart" for the burnout contest and suffered serious injuries when a coolant hose popped off. Kid basically parboiled himself and from what I gather is currently in ICU in bad shape.

On the other hand, safety/tech is pretty commonplace in all forms of motorsports. He may learn a very expensive lesson over it.
View Quote

Butdidyoudie?!?.gif

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

In my experience tech/safety inspections vary WIDLY from one event/race to another. Sometimes they are in depth, people looking at every inch of the car with a flashlight and magnifying glass.....and others are "sign here on this form that says you're good to go."

Hopefully he got some forms signed, which I'm sure he did, and there's no repercussion for him.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In my experience tech/safety inspections vary WIDLY from one event/race to another. Sometimes they are in depth, people looking at every inch of the car with a flashlight and magnifying glass.....and others are "sign here on this form that says you're good to go."

Hopefully he got some forms signed, which I'm sure he did, and there's no repercussion for him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience was same with drag racing decades ago. Not me personally but some of my friends ran some pretty fast shit and I tagged along/helped/drank all their beer.

Garrett was in law school prior to the youtube thing taking off and I have seen him get event participants to sign liability releases in other videos.
But between that incident and the China virus stuff (and the shocking number of leftists in the car community), I fear cancel culture may pay him a visit.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Tech inspections.  lol.  And people thought Karen started in 2020.

But in the end, this comes back to liability.  Which comes back to lawyers.

I hate (most) lawyers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#11]
My son and I love his channel. Those boys do it right.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully he tells them to fuck off.

The last thing we need is another person using freedom and America as just another marketing ploy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He held a live event a few days ago with a bunch of people attending, gave his thoughts on lockdowns and quarantines in the newest video (5:27) and it set some people off. I don't know if he preemptively disabled comments or had to do it later, but the offended crowd are going to the previous video to leave their angry comments, including some hinting at attempts to have sponsorships taken away. Some extra likes and subs could be helpful at the moment (I know that sounds like shilling, but I promise I have no affiliation of any kind).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ-Hv6VgKXY
View Quote
cleetus is a YouTube God amongst petty men. That dude is a professional Florida man, and proud of it. Fuck the haters.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tech inspections.  lol.  And people thought Karen started in 2020.

But in the end, this comes back to liability.  Which comes back to lawyers.

I hate (most) lawyers.
View Quote

If GM builds an unsafe car (from the factory) that is on them.

If a driver builds an unsafe car and injures themselves that is on them. No one wants to see people get injured, but that is the reality of motorsports (and cars in general). I can't think of a motorsports event (or any event really) that I didn't have to waive liability in some way to attend.

I don't know the specifics of the guy that got injured (didn't see it in the video?).

I don't think Cleet is at much risk of being cancelled, seeing as most of his sponsors are related to motorsports and need events to happen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most of his sponsors are like-minded with him and his views.  Also, the crowd that will try to cancel Cleetus or his sponsors ARE NOT the type people buying products from his major sponsors.
View Quote

Really reminds me of some of the people who got black rifle coffee into the mess they are in right now. A bunch of people who wouldn't buy the product anyways complaining just to make themselves feel better.

Here's to Cleetus's sponsors handling it better than the coffee guys did though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hopefully he tells them to fuck off.

The last thing we need is another person using freedom and America as just another marketing ploy.
View Quote

He is using it as a marketing ploy. Cleetus is a schtick created by a law school student/former intern for 1320.

That said, if we see him secretly supporting the Green New Deal, then yeah, light him up... But otherwise, just continue to be entertained.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The kid built the car. I have been through hundreds of tech inspections with all sorts of sanctioning bodies . Never had a cooling system looked at except for antifreeze at no antifreeze tracks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He is using it as a marketing ploy. Cleetus is a schtick created by a law school student/former intern for 1320.

That said, if we see him secretly supporting the Green New Deal, then yeah, light him up... But otherwise, just continue to be entertained.

View Quote

It's a shtick, you're correct, but Garrett is a pretty fucking smart business man, this covid bullshit is hurting his bottom line when it comes to that racetrack he bought. Id be willing to bet he's a trump voter, the best part is though, you ain't going to see his politics on his channel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know Cleetus is. It's a character for entertainment. But hopefully Garrett believes in those things too. I have no problem with marketing and entertainment to get the point across in a fun way. What I don't like is when it's just trying to hide who they really are.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#21]
With 2.3 million subscribers and enough you tube income to ACTUALLY buy his own personal race track, I doubt he is worried about losing his sponsors.  I also doubt this is the first video he had to turn off comments for either.  

I don't know the kid at all.  I just watch his antics.  But if he is the same guy in real life that he portrays in his videos, I would bet he does something for the kid that got hurt.  Maybe financial, I don't know.  But he does seem like a stand up kid and I doubt he would let someone that was injured at his event hang in the wind.  But like I said, I don't know him so I could be wrong.

Also if you watch his videos you see everyone participating wearing a wrist band.  Those are there to indicate you have signed a waiver of liability.  I've signed those to simply be a spectator at races.  The guy that got hurt built his car, not Garrett.  If his car failed and he was hurt, it is no different than being hurt when your tire blows on the interstate because you didn't check your junk for safety.  I hope they guy that got hurt recovers.  But it was an accident on a car that he built, not Garrett.  Ultimately it was his responsibility and not Garrett's.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The kid built the car. I have been through hundreds of tech inspections with all sorts of sanctioning bodies . Never had a cooling system looked at except for antifreeze at no antifreeze tracks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Radiator was in the passenger compartment area, not in the usual spot.

Was going to link a video of I saw last night but youtube has yanked it. Basically kid was doing a sitting burnout and a rad hose popped. He was wearing shorts, a t shirt and a helmet.
He shut it down and tried to bail out of the car and pull his helmet off, he was burned to the point where skin was starting to peel off his hands and back as he was being removed from the car.

Not saying it is Garrett's fault. Motorsports and gearhead shit is dangerous, a fact we tend to overlook at times. Just saying there could be fallout on him over this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Radiator was in the passenger compartment area, not in the usual spot.

Was going to link a video of I saw last night but youtube has yanked it. Basically kid was doing a sitting burnout and a rad hose popped. He was wearing shorts, a t shirt and a helmet.
He shut it down and tried to bail out of the car and pull his helmet off, he was burned to the point where skin was starting to peel off his hands and back as he was being removed from the car.

Not saying it is Garrett's fault. Motorsports and gearhead shit is dangerous, a fact we tend to overlook at times. Just saying there could be fallout on him over this.
View Quote

That sucks, but that was ignorant as hell to put the radiator in the passenger compartment. He does require a waiver for you to participate in the event, Garrett is probably ok in that department. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That sucks, but that was ignorant as hell to put the radiator in the passenger compartment. He does require a waiver for you to participate in the event, Garrett is probably ok in that department. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
View Quote

The rad was in the back, behind the driver and passenger seat. Not in the cabin area.

The engine had blown a head gasket and was pushing pressure into the coolant system. You can hear the engine slow down as the pressure differential between the cylinders and the rest of the engine dropped. (meaning the pressure from combustion was dropping, and pressure everywhere else was rising, so the pistons weren't moving as fast)  The coolant system took as much pressure as it could until it popped a hose. Sucks, but could have been avoided if he didn't run it till it blew. But really that's their intention with these shows. It goes till it blows.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Karen's:

Cleetus:
"Lol all my buddies are driving cross country to rip burnouts and drink Mountain Dew with me"

PFI Brent:

James Taal:

View Quote

This is so wrong. Brent drinks regular Coke.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The rad was in the back, behind the driver and passenger seat. Not in the cabin area.

The engine had blown a head gasket and was pushing pressure into the coolant system. You can hear the engine slow down as the pressure differential between the cylinders and the rest of the engine dropped. (meaning the pressure from combustion was dropping, and pressure everywhere else was rising, so the pistons weren't moving as fast)  The coolant system took as much pressure as it could until it popped a hose. Sucks, but could have been avoided if he didn't run it till it blew. But really that's their intention with these shows. It goes till it blows.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/253540/rad_JPG-1698092.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically in the cabin area.
Was just trying to explain that it wasn't in a conventional spot or in the rear behind a firewall like in a FD or Pro 2 drift car. Most people don't know what a death cart is.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Karen's:

Cleetus:

PFI Brent:

James Taal:

View Quote

This

Quoted:
cleetus is a YouTube God amongst petty men. That dude is a professional Florida man, and proud of it. Fuck the haters.
View Quote

And this.  I love watching Floridaman antics.

Listened to a bit of his intro about the reeing, basically sounded like he was nicely saying "fuck off, we'll do what we want"
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
... Love that YT channel, one of my favorites. Reliving my youth vicariously through his videos
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
That event was held at Bradenton motorsports, it should be up to them to enforce all safety compliant rules, not cleetus
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Lets see if he handels it better than BRCC
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lets see if he handels it better than BRCC
View Quote

Watch the into, he said "sorry not sorry" lol
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That event was held at Bradenton motorsports, it should be up to them to enforce all safety compliant rules, not cleetus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The race track is not associated with the strip anymore. IIRC they requested to not be mentioned by Cletus in the videos when he is talking about the track.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#33]
The Cleetus stickers are going onto my car today. They're in my mailbox, or so says the tracking number.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#34]
He posted an update and comments are on but guessing they won't be for too much longer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He posted an update and comments are on but guessing they won't be for too much longer.
View Quote

People are garbage
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Our First Serious Injury at Cleetus and Cars (Driver Is Recovering!)
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Isn’t Florida “open” anyways?

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell yeah brother
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So he does burnouts going around in a circle My ears hurt thinking about it.

What ever happened to tractor pulls? My dad took me to those, they were fun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I like his evens and the fact that as an entrepreneur he's figured out a way to make racing fun again without all the NASCAR sponsors mucking it up.

Also, he did state he disabled the comments because of the incident with the driver who blew his radiator hose and burned himself.  Driver is recovering well per an updated video tonight.

That said, I knew the fun police would come for him.  They went after him back in March/April when he did the Freedom 500 right as FL went into lockdown.  I'm sure it was bots targeted at the comments by whoever does that stuff because it was like the same comments on repeat with a few rearranged words.  Pathetic.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Isn't Florida "open" anyways?

View Quote

Yes.

But there were comments like "Where is everyone's mask?" and "How could you be so irresponsible to hold an event like this during a pandemic" and then hit repeat with about four more similar statements and then rearrange the words about as if some algorithm was generating them.

Someone asked if this was filmed "before COVID" because of the crowd and people getting together.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI

I spent years in that area and the car/motor sports life is truly 24/7
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

No firewall?  That is just nuts on a race car.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Cleetus and Matt (Off/Vet/Demo Ranch guy) have both been forces of positivity and growth among youtubers. They do a lot to unite the varied creators. I like them for what they do behind the scenes.
Top Top