Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2021 9:34:05 AM EDT
Looking for a little guidance from the watch pros.

Some newer CW models really have caught my eye lately.

I've been shopping my first auto for pry a couple years now, and yet to pull the trigger.

I love the new CW C63 sealander GMT.  (Yea I know it's basically an explorer II homage)

Can anyone speak to the Sellita SW330-2 vs the ETA's

Bracelet quality on newer CW's?

I've also looked hard at used Sinn's, different MKII's, CWC's etc.. (hard to find)

I need to try to keep it around a grand, as much as I'd love a 2254 omega.

I've got a pretty big accomplishment coming up in a few months and thought a new/used auto made perfect sense for myself..

Thank ya fellas! Pics are always fun too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a C60 Bronze circa 2018 with a Sellita movement. It came on a strap so I can't speak to the CW bracelet. FWIW, I've been very pleased with it. For the price range, I think it's exceptionally high quality. The crown and bezel both feel very substantial and "deliberate" when turned, feels like precision movements. Alignment is dead-on. I'd buy from them again if I was looking for something they provide.

ETA: You should be looking at Squale in that price range as well.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The new CW bracelets are incredible. As good as my Planet Ocean, maybe better considering they’re QD. 1000m titanium, COSC, sapphire display back, fully lumed ceramic bezel for well under 2K is hard to compete with.

It’s still no Omega, but very good.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I Sellita SW330-2 is a fairly new movement that has only came out this year and found its way into a few GMT watches so far. I think the CW was one of the first announced with that movement. The movement is an update to the SW330-1 so it really isn't a complete brand new movement, and that one is a clone of an ETA 2893-2. I've currently and previously have owned a number of Sellita and ETA movements and really haven't been able to tell a difference from a performance stand point.

CW bracelets are great. Very well finished especially at the price and the tool-less micro adjust built into the clasp is great. One thing to note is if you end up making a purchase for a new one you will get hit with import fees/taxes. CW uses DHL for shipment and they are the worst for making sure they collect import fees/taxes. This would apply to any watch coming into the US with a value over $800.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top