Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2023 1:40:39 AM EDT
I think I’m going to pick one of these up. Have had my eye on a PRX chronograph but the location of the date window is terrible.

It’s between the two blue options for me but I think all the colors look great. Not interested in the titanium version. Don’t like the fume dial

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh. I’ve yet to find a CW watch that I really liked. It makes it worse with the amount of people shilling for CW. I do not like the crown guards, but the bracelet is cool if you like integrated bracelets. The watch is super thin which is a huge positive in my opinion. I also like the hands and the date window. +/- 20 seconds per day seems excessive for a $1200 mechanical watch. Overall, I just find it boring.

I think of CW like I think of Sig Sauer. They make a good quality product, but they excel and are super strategic at marketing. They've the talk of Youtube, Social Media, Magazines, and Internet pages. Nothing wrong with their product, but I just feel like their marketing is disingenuous. I know, I know... I'm bitter about the Sig 320

It’s 100x a better watch than a PRX. At least the CW doesn’t use the Powermatic 80 with the plastic pallet fork and escapement wheel.

If you dig it, go for it. Different strokes for different folks! I don’t think you can go wrong with a SW200 or SW300.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like somebody left a Laureato and an Aqua Terra unsupervised for too long.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh. I’ve yet to find a CW watch that I really liked. It makes it worse with the amount of people shilling for CW. I do not like the crown guards, but the bracelet is cool if you like integrated bracelets. The watch is super thin which is a huge positive in my opinion. I also like the hands and the date window. +/- 20 seconds per day seems excessive for a $1200 mechanical watch. Overall, I just find it boring.

I think of CW like I think of Sig Sauer. They make a good quality product, but they excel and are super strategic at marketing. They've the talk of Youtube, Social Media, Magazines, and Internet pages. Nothing wrong with their product, but I just feel like their marketing is disingenuous. I know, I know... I'm bitter about the Sig 320

It’s 100x a better watch than a PRX. At least the CW doesn’t use the Powermatic 80 with the plastic pallet fork and escapement wheel.
If you dig it, go for it. Different strokes for different folks! I don’t think you can go wrong with a SW200 or SW300.
View Quote

Haven’t noticed a ton of shilling but I mainly stick to YouTube for watch stuff. Shit, I wish there was more shilling for this launch. So far there’s only been two good videos with the host with watch in hand. I want to see some more ‘in person’ shots before pulling the trigger.

This is the first Christopher Ward I’ve seriously considered buying. The old plain text logo was a deal breaker for me and once they changed that I couldn’t get over the trident seconds hand.

Definitely going to get an integrated sports watch for summer and have considered everything from the Aikon to Riviera. It’s in the cart…
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like somebody left a Laureato and an Aqua Terra unsupervised for too long.
View Quote

Yep.

Luckily for me I like all the watches they ripped off
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... I do not like the crown guards, but the bracelet is cool if you like integrated bracelets.

View Quote

Yeah what the heck us up with those guards?  They look like some sort of chronograph pushers not crown guards.  Their execution alone made this a hard No for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are not my thing.  Not a fan of integrated bands.  

CW has caught my attention, but I've not seen anything that makes me buy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I will jump on the negative nelly train. CW is pretty meh. Watches designed by committee with relatively weak performance. I had a Sealander. Just OK. Accuracy was poor and finishing had a lot of sharp edges. Flipped it no regrets.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my OG Trident GMT.

After that, been pretty MEH on all their designs unfortunately.

I think it’s an ETA movement, but, don’t quote me on that - I’m not a watch nerd, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think I’m going to pick one of these up. Have had my eye on a PRX chronograph but the location of the date window is terrible.

It’s between the two blue options for me but I think all the colors look great. Not interested in the titanium version. Don’t like the fume dial

https://i.ibb.co/TYSDrL2/IMG-6417.jpg

View Quote

I love the light blue dial coloring, but with the carbon fiber texture the only color that truly works is the navy in my opinion. the hour indices are just overpowered by the other colors with the carbon fiber texture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top