Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/17/2021 11:54:49 AM EDT
I know there is a thread started somewhere but I cannot find it. However, what I have read half the officers might be out this weekend. Any or a lot of concern by people there? Will City Hall cave on this?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
FJB
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It was changed by the mayor to be sometime in December. However, they can get tested twice a week on their own dime up until that point.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Either the tyrants will keep backing down as these deadlines loom and it's clear they're about to destroy every aspect of society,  or,..

They picked December because they figure if they destroy society and livelihoods in December it'll be too cold for civil war.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was changed by the mayor to be sometime in December. However, they can get tested twice a week on their own dime up until that point.
View Quote
Around here, that'd be $300 / week. $15,600 annually. Plus the lost time.
That's hardly a "reasonable accommodation".
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems as though the purge is on this weekend.  Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The deadline is NOT. To get vaxxed.   She gave till the 15th of oct. To be vaxxed and submit proof OR not be vaxxed but agree to testing and submit proof of tests.   The tests would be twice a week ( every 4 days for our work week) , out of pocket and on our own time.  Then upload the results each time.

This fight is not just " I don't wanna be vaxxed". It's more than that.   The department wants us all to be vaxxed through a Mandate by Dec 31st.... BUT. They also want to know either way.....it's none of their business and they can f off with a mandate...  

Roughly 60 percent of the officers NOT complying with the notifications to the city are in fact vaccinated.  But they believe it's none of their business nor should anyone mandate anything.

Our no pay status starts tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
jab a swab up through your sinuses 2X per week...

talk about trying to harass people into compliance...

Satanic cocksuckers
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Update,.
    After the city finding out how many officers were not going to comply ( hearing 40 or 50 percent) the city stepped back.   We thought we had a small victory.  Instead, the city doubled down.. they filed a lawsuit against fop president. The judge issued some sort of gag order, stopping the fop president from speaking about vaccine or our refusal until Monday.    
  ( The judge that ordered it is known to be good friends with the mayor. )
    The new talks now are that the city is going to go all out.  Tomorrow at some point they will have our supervisors ( sgts, Lts) give each one of us a direct order to submit our vaxx status on the Portal.  Refusal is automatic termination.

This is how they'll win.   Ppl fought knowing that a no pay status still meant there will be a job to go back to.  But immediate termination is already changing the tunes of so many.  
      A major hospital around the city just fired 30 doctors for refusal.

They will not stop.    The worst form of tyranny ( " for your own Good")
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whatever dude.

I'm vaxed. Had to show my vax card to work last week, AND got tested five times in the last 7 days. And we have to wear masks full time at work, indoors or out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Is getting vaxxed in their contract? Don't they have a union? Isn't the union suing?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update,.
    After the city finding out how many officers were not going to comply ( hearing 40 or 50 percent) the city stepped back.   We thought we had a small victory.  Instead, the city doubled down.. they filed a lawsuit against fop president. The judge issued some sort of gag order, stopping the fop president from speaking about vaccine or our refusal until Monday.    
    The new talks now are that the city is going to go all out.  Tomorrow at some point they will have our supervisors ( sgts, Lts) give each one of us a direct order to submit our vaxx status on the Portal.  Refusal is automatic termination.

This is how they'll win.   Ppl fought knowing that a no pay status still meant there will be a job to go back to.  But immediate termination is already changing the tunes of so many.  

View Quote

Please hold the line.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Shitcago.

Even the Bears hope to leave someday.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

I'm vaxed. Had to show my vax card to work last week, AND got tested five times in the last 7 days. And we have to wear masks full time at work, indoors or out.
View Quote

Sounds gayer than a semen drenched mustache
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
P-Kelly needs to go visit the mayor and go full-Tank!

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#15]
With that many officers refusing I'd think you could break them but I doubt most will actually hold the line.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View Quote

You are a perfect example of why this shit is never going to end until folks just tell then to fuck off and don't comply.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Counting on a seasonal uptick in infections or..... maybe another variant. ??
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More likely they just think folks won't want to be out of work during the holidays- make folks as miserable as possible.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Update,.

View Quote

Disappointing to hear that people are flipping when being threatened with termination.  I had hoped for stronger resolve and support of the constitution from law enforcement.  I'm likely losing my highly successful career over this.  I will forever look down on the cowards who didnt stand up for the future of humanity.  The outcome of this will determine the course of liberty for hundreds of years to come.  This is a pivotal moment in history.  People went to Normandy in nearly certain death but people are afraid to risk jobs?  If evil prevails these generations will be viewed as the weakest in history and waiting and hoping our children grow up to save us.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are a perfect example of why this shit is never going to end until folks just tell then to fuck off and don't comply.
View Quote

Yes. Leave his job and lose everything he has over it while trying to survive or find another job in his field of expertise that does not require the same mandates. Good choice. He probably isn't one of the many GD millionaires that can walk off a job just because. Let me, guess, you are retired or work in a small private shop without mandates?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Is this going to be the non violent stage of a second civil war?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If evil prevails these generations will be viewed as the weakest in history and waiting and hoping our children grow up to save us.  
View Quote
Weak men make for bad times.  Safe to assume bad times are coming.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

Are you touring with NIN?

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes. Leave his job and lose everything he has over it while trying to survive or find another job in his field of expertise that does not require the same mandates. Good choice. He probably isn't one of the many GD millionaires that can walk off a job just because. Let me, guess, you are retired or work in a small private shop without mandates?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A good point we haven’t heard before, Comrade Maniac!
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Seattle is in a similar boat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been out of work for a year and a half because of this fucking pandemic. I'm beyond the principal of trying to stand my ground for another year and a half and not working. My whole industry was shut down because of this thing. If this is what it takes to get us back to work again, then so be it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

Not enough for this post.

Kneepads should be as mandatory as masks for many
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

We got another one! Coward!! Trust me when I say, my job, benefits, etc...are infinitely better than yours. When my turn comes, I will fight it. If I lose, I will be canned.  Yep, I'm an internet tough guy.

You do realize there are other jobs in this world, right?  Some of the cowards think that if you stand up for freedom, and sacrifice your dental plan, that you will never get it back again.  Hence, they are cowards.  Defeatists.

Log off this bitch to never come back.  And if you have children, go tell them that daddy bends the knee to a bunch of communist shit bags who want him and his family deader than fuck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've been out of work for a year and a half because of this fucking pandemic. I'm beyond the principal of trying to stand my ground for another year and a half and not working. My whole industry was shut down because of this thing. If this is what it takes to get us back to work again, then so be it.
View Quote
So you want folks to get a shot so you can go back to work?

Or did I misunderstand your post?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Disappointing to hear that people are flipping when being threatened with termination.  I had hoped for stronger resolve and support of the constitution from law enforcement.  
View Quote

Is there something about the expansion of LE powers over the past 40 years that leads you to believe they give a shit about the Constitution?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't care if people get vaxed or not. Just don't come see our shows if you aren't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We got another one! Coward!! Trust me when I say, my job, benefits, etc...are infinitely better than yours. When my turn comes, I will fight it. If I lose, I will be canned.  Yep, I'm an internet tough guy.

You do realize there are other jobs in this world, right?  Some of the cowards think that if you stand up for freedom, and sacrifice your dental plan, that you will never get it back again.  Hence, they are cowards.  Defeatists.

Log off this bitch to never come back.  And if you have children, go tell them that daddy bends the knee to a bunch of communist shit bags who want him and his family deader than fuck.
View Quote

Yawn. All bark no bite. Just another GD'er in fantasy land.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#35]
What don’t you people get about it being a personal decision. Including people who decide it’s in the best interest of their position on life, their family, to get it. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander you sanctimonious forum apes
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

Good for you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I tell ya, my heart absolutely goes out to you police officers in major cities.  I have no idea how they stay there and continue to go to work.

To any LEO in any major liberal cities - NYC, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis...what drives you to continue to fight?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't care if people get vaxed or not. Just don't come see our shows if you aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of show?
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View Quote
That is pathetic
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddy, if you wanted to fight back against tyranny, you could have done so a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems odd to limit your client base while supporting the same government overlords that shut your industry down. But some people just like to be a servant to their abusers I guess.

I won’t come to any of your shows, not because I am or am not vaxed, but because it is none of your business.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#42]
This is all such a lose-lose situation we have had forced on our country.

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That is pathetic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

That is pathetic

It really sounds like a miserable way to live.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I tell ya, my heart absolutely goes out to you police officers in major cities.  I have no idea how they stay there and continue to go to work.

To any LEO in any major liberal cities - NYC, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis...what drives you to continue to fight?
View Quote
Some still believe in the mission, which is ironic because for a patrol officer in an urban area, the only way to keep his job is not to do it, or be very selective about it.

No one cares about the crime rate.  What gets people riled up is arrests of black people that don't look good on camera.  That's it. That's what the community cares about.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am, honestly, VERY OK with that. Go hide in the "groupie bus" with the rest of them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#47]
One of the more troubling parts is the judge putting the gag order on the union president. Shameful.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Update,.

View Quote

@Nightstalker32

Dead serious, if anyone wants out, PM me. My agency needs about half a dozen officers, and has a wildly better quality of life. Small tourist area, low drama, good chain of command, good civic management, decent (though not California-level) pay, and lots of room for advancement. We haven't had a murder in well over a year now, and almost a year since the last shooting.

Get out and go somewhere you'll be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

View Quote

That’s some kinda stupid right there. Yeah fjb and all that but also screw these local and state governments for complying. Oklahoma surprises me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Cops in Chicago are treated like 3rd class citizens why would you want to be in the police in Chicago?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top