Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 7:10:47 PM EDT
Anyone have a good supply checklist for a zombie apocalypse? Obviously the basics are easy enough. Looking for a comprehensive list so nothing is overlooked or forgotten
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on what duration catastrophe you're prepping for.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
#1 Toilet Paper
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpanishInquisition:
It depends on what duration catastrophe you're prepping for.
View Quote
I would say supplies for at least a month. More focusing on self sustainment aspect and the ability to move if needed.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Actiondiver] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:24:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpanishInquisition] [#5]
Originally Posted By dolphinsfan412:

I would say supplies for at least a month. More focusing on self sustainment aspect and the ability to move if needed.
View Quote
For 30 days and primarily thinking "bug-in", consider primarily building up stock on canned goods, then rotate through them and replenish. Add water, add sanitary supplies, and some method of heating your food.
Canned stuff will allow your water storage to be less, since you're not rehydrating everything. You'll also have more funds to put to other items, as canned food is pretty darn inexpensive when compared to dehydrated or freeze dried.

If you're thinking some reasonable chance of bugging out, mix in some of the lightweight freeze dried or dehydrated stuff, along with extra water filtration and empty storage to be filled after relocation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're on a well - a serious life enhancement would be a way to keep your well pump powered on demand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
a bottle of jack daniels
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Plenty of meth.....to ensure my minions remain fanatical and loyal......
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Villafuego:
Plenty of meth.....to ensure my minions remain fanatical and loyal......
View Quote
Dammit.
I don't have any minions.

Thats one more thing I have to edit in near the top of the list.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 8:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Zeke] [#10]
My thoughts are to have enough of the normal survival supplies to last about 6 months.

By then, the zombies will have taken over and will not be needing anything but, BWAINS......

Thus, resupply missions to abandoned homes and businesses will provide all that's needed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sword and crossbow, duhh.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Rubbers and Ammo, Rookie. Rubbers and Ammo.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]
For a month....  As long as I am staying home, I am pretty covered. I live in the country. I always have a decent supply of food. My home’s water comes from my pond which is about 1/3 acre and 18 feet deep. I’m told that it’s about 1.5 million gallons. I can supply enough power to keep the freezer cold. We cook with propane and have a 500 gal tank. I have a gas fireplace and a wood burning stove for heat. The worst thing about a month would be keeping my family from going nuts. My 3 daughters would drive me and my wife nuts. They would complain about being bored, what we’re eating, that showers and baths suck, etc etc.

We would survive, but it wouldn’t be fun.

Much more than a month could be difficult, depending on the season. Rationing and scavenging, etc.

My list, not necessarily zombies, but more storm, etc

Water
Light and/or fire
Shelter / warmth / out of the weather
Food
Tools and protection

You don’t need much to live. Depending on where you are though, it might be extremely difficult. My best advice would be to not live where the land can’t support the population.  Ie is there enough food / water / natural resources for the population. If you quarantined and isolated a major city, people would would go canibal in a month.

Even where I live, it would have to be a responsibility to not over harvest game animals and fish. When people get hungry, it’s going to be hard to let a rabbit or deer live to breed for future food.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mhwyers91:
a bottle of jack daniels
View Quote
Or multiple
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#15]
We set aside an entire room for a pantry. In it we currently have six months of food and about 6 weeks of water. We do have a well and access to water, so it is not needed to have a larger supply.

Our issue we have found is that we only eat about 40% of our food from the pantry. Time has shown us the need to really eat from the pantry so that we can test the quality of the food, ease of prep and the desire to eat the food.

This has resulted in our understanding that though we have six months of food, we really only will want to eat it for about a month. After that, it gets boring. So we are currently on a project to expand our variety of food. Our goal is to eat 80-90% of our food from the pantry each week. We will shop to replenish the food and not for the food we plan to eat that week.

Additionally, we do have a garden that actually supplies us with 110% of the veggies we need for salsa. A key food item we enjoy on almost anything we eat. This we plan to expand to allow us to be independent in some key food items that will allow us to expand our budget without actually spending additional dollars.

Just having a full pantry is not enough. You actually need to test it and use it regularly. Otherwise you will never know what works or what will not work.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I have solar backup, a genny, and just started buying 20lb propane bottles for my mr Buddy 18,000btu heater and a propane grill. Right now I have 2 spares, there is a spotty shortage of propane here, so I will grab one up as I can until I have 4 or 5 spares.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Fast or slow?
Thanks for the supplies, if you planned for slow stumblers and you ended up with sprinters from Twenty Eight Days Later
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueZ] [#18]
My 2 cents:

- Food (combination of high calorie low cost foods like rice stored under Mylar with a oxygen scavenger in closed food grade bucket, with protein and fat source like spam cans). Properly done a years worth of calories for an adult can be 800 bucks. Possibly vitamin tablets if u dont live in or near woods (otherwise many weeds have a lot of vitamins)
- Water source independent of the grid (filters, your own well, or LOTS of bottled water)
- At least one all around Infantry Carbine with Ammo with a battle belt or chest rig. Plenty of mags, so you can afford to lose 20.. and still have a combat load to field.
- Meds
- Combat Boots and combat boot socks plus foot powder.
- Lots of toothbrush and toothpaste.. lots of mouth wash , luckily this is cheap.
- Diapers if u have kids, fem hygiene products if u have a SO
- Rugged outdoor clothing in subdued colors.
- more socks, underwear, t shirts , etc
- Extra glasses if u wear glasses. Lots extra contacts and contact solution if u wear contacts (plus glasses)
- Dental work updated
- Vitamin tablets
- Plenty Toilet paper.. even though this may not be as critical as people think. Folks on starvation diets use very little..
- Jerry cans of fuel (use the non ethanol kind with a stabilizer this will last years in an airtight Jerry Can)
- Spare parts for rifle(s).. but dont go crazy .. this depends on how much ammo u have.. For example if u only have 1000 rds why bother with a spare barrel?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#19]

For 30 days and primarily thinking "bug-in", consider primarily building up stock on canned goods, then rotate through them and replenish. Add water, add sanitary supplies, and some method of heating your food.
Canned stuff will allow your water storage to be less, since you're not rehydrating everything. You'll also have more funds to put to other items, as canned food is pretty darn inexpensive when compared to dehydrated or freeze dried.

If you're thinking some reasonable chance of bugging out, mix in some of the lightweight freeze dried or dehydrated stuff, along with extra water filtration and empty storage to be filled after relocation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dolphinsfan412:

Even if you are bugging in, you should have at least some minimal bug out setup.  A go bag with a few things, a change of clothes or two, medicines, important documents, some easily prepared food you can eat in the car, maybe an emergency radio.  You never know when some arsonist will torch your neighborhood and you only have five minutes to get out.  Even if you are planning on going to Aunt Sallie's, there are going to be a few things you don't want to leave behind.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Lots of dental floss
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top