User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:

You're wasting your time trying to show a true believer that their ideology is inconsistent. They will resist reality as long as it goes against their programming. You may as well be arguing the second amendment with Diane Fienstein.
View Quote

Lots of folks with drinking problems hate weed. The whole it is spilling out into the public is hilarious. There are bars everywhere selling by the drink, stores selling alcohol everywhere, and they lose their shit when a weed store opens up. Recreational drugs are a personal choice. Those who abuse them should suffer the consequences. Those who use them responsibly should be left alone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

He asked for an argument without mentioning alcohol, so I made an argument without mentioning alcohol. Then he asked for an argument without mentioning what I had mentioned in my argument lol.
View Quote

C'mon man, you know this playbook. The next move is ad-homonym attacks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Lots of folks with drinking problems hate weed. The whole it is spilling out into the public is hilarious. There are bars everywhere selling by the drink, stores selling alcohol everywhere, and they lose their shit when a weed store opens up. Recreational drugs are a personal choice. Those who abuse them should suffer the consequences. Those who use them responsibly should be left alone.
View Quote

preacher meet choir
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I love this place.

Guys laughing about how public schools aren't a substitute for good parenting.

Guys  here insisting the government should regulate people in how they choose to live.

You should only be penalized if your actions
negatively affect the other guy.
Losers drink too much, can't hold a job.
losers smoke too much weed or do drugs can't hold a job.

As long as I don't have to support their problems I don't care what they do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TowerIQ] [#5]

Pretty much. He has nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

Sooo you can't make an argument?

Pretty much. He has nothing.
It is druggies that have nothing, no rational argument or defense of the recreational drug habit that does not hinge on whining about alcohol consumption. That's why I'm posting here. To show every argument they have that isn't propped up by a reference to alcohol is vacuous.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TowerIQ:
The druggies have nothing, no rational argument or defense of the recreational drug habit that does not hinge on whining about alcohol consumption. That's why I laugh every time I see some avatar with a finger bouncing off the character's forehead. It is a grand metaphor for recreational drug use leaving a big zero in that space.
View Quote

Plenty of people have given you the answer you claim you want….lets try again:

Individual freedoms and less government control

I don’t use pot, because I don’t want to…I also don’t care if another adult does use pot because I believe in freedom. This is going to be shocking for you…but you don’t have to partake in something to believe that other people should be allowed to do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your argument. There is a difference between an emergency department, and the intensive care unit. Another swing and a miss.
View All Quotes

Easy!  NIH National Library of Medicine:

Background
Cannabis is the most prevalent illegal drug used and the second most common cause of Emergency Department drug-related complaints in the USA. Recently, newer more potent strains, concentrated THC products, and consumption methods have become available.

Method
An extensive literature search of peer-reviewed publications using New PubMed and Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials to identify the most commonly reported cannabis-related topics in emergency care.

Results
The six subject areas that were most frequently reported in the medical literature relevant to cannabis-related ED care were acute intoxication/overdose, pediatric exposure, cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, cannabis withdrawal, e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury (EVALI), and synthetic cannabinoids.

Increased legal and illegal access to newer formulations of higher potency products and consumption methods have altered the management and approach to ED patient care and forced physicians to become more vigilant about recognizing and treating some new cannabis-related life-threatening conditions.

Keywords: Cannabis, Marijuana, Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, Withdrawal, EVALI, Synthetic cannabinoids.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your argument. There is a difference between an emergency department, and the intensive care unit. Another swing and a miss.

While I haven’t had to admit to the ICU yet for pure cannabis, I have admitted 4-5 people to the floor for hyperemesis, overdose, and cannabis abdominal pain
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ettelbreck:
I mean, we have an entire system integrated into our beings to reap the benefits of cannabis. The Endocannabinoid system is not by chance and is far too complex to be random.

Endocannabinoid system:
The endocannabinoid system is a biological system composed of endocannabinoids, which are endogenous lipid-based retrograde neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors, and cannabinoid receptor proteins that are expressed throughout the vertebrate central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. The endocannabinoid system remains under preliminary research but may be involved in regulating physiological and cognitive processes, including fertility, pregnancy, pre-and postnatal development, various activities of the immune system, appetite, pain sensation, mood, and memory, and in mediating the pharmacological effects of cannabis. The ECS plays an important role in multiple aspects of neural functions, including the control of movement and motor coordination, learning and memory, emotion and motivation, addictive-like behavior and pain modulation. Two primary cannabinoid receptors have been identified: CB1, first cloned in 1990; and CB2, cloned in 1993.  

Why do we have the Endo system if humans don't need it or can't benefit from it? Why is it so intertwined in our nervous system if there is nothing to gain from it? If you believe God created man, how can you ignore the incredibly intricate system he placed within us? It's not like it's just a gene; it's an entire fucking system integrated into almost every aspect of who we are. if you believe in evolution, why have we evolved with such a complex system if it's completely unnecessary? Either way, it's there for a reason, profoundly affecting what makes us human.

View Quote

Excellent, thought provoking post.

It'll probably fly right over the head of 87% of GD, though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

that's a bullshit stance to take. That's like saying it's OK to fire into a crowd because we have the 2nd Amendment. that's just stupid.

Driving stoned is a serious issue and needs addressed just like driving while drunk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
Originally Posted By CavScout:

Right tell that to all of the dead families in Nevada. Died from bring hit by high drivers. The state tried to hide that for years and just called it an OUI but recently started disclosing the real reason. An innocent little genetically modified plant.

freedom is scary

that's a bullshit stance to take. That's like saying it's OK to fire into a crowd because we have the 2nd Amendment. that's just stupid.

Driving stoned is a serious issue and needs addressed just like driving while drunk

That's quite possibly the dumbest analogy I've ever seen, heard or read.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
It is druggies that have nothing, no rational argument or defense of the recreational drug habit that does not hinge on whining about alcohol consumption. That's why I'm posting here. To show every argument they have that isn't propped up by a reference to alcohol is vacuous.
View Quote

Does ethanol have any medicinal value?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
All recreational drugs should be legal and available over-the-counter at convenience stores.

The War on Drugs is seriously one of the all-time dumbest actions by big government.
View Quote

And ATF should be a convenience store too!

True story.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
I'll be shocked if it only grows 10% with Ohio going legal. Every remotely urban area in this state is gonna smell like skunk and have a haze like LA.

I was at a major automotive final assembly plant last week to look at some automation equipment and we ended up parking in an employee lot. The number of people sitting in their cars chiefing it up and not even trying to highed it (see what I did there?!) was impressive.

But I do know a few "casual" users (once a month, give or take if I had to guess). Real sharp fellas, business types, and very successful ones at that. Got great families and very stable lives. They've been partaking for some number of years that way, it's not gotten out of control at all for them. Same reason I can have a beer or two and not suddenly have to down a case and a fifth in a sitting.

In general I still have mixed opinions about the legalization thing, but since I don't do it I'm not overly invested. I do worry about an increase in impaired drivers. And yes, I know I could go to the store, buy a case of beer, slam it, and drive drunk just the same. But I get the feeling the percentage of MJ users who feel confident driving, especially all hours of the day (vs drunks that are typically a much higher percentage at night), is higher (haha) than drinkers. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch.
View Quote

Back when I'd partake, driving made me extremely nervous, so I'd avoid it like the plague. If I was going to smoke, I'd stay home or leave the driving to somebody else.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Easy!  NIH National Library of Medicine:

Background
Cannabis is the most prevalent illegal drug used and the second most common cause of Emergency Department drug-related complaints in the USA. Recently, newer more potent strains, concentrated THC products, and consumption methods have become available.

Method
An extensive literature search of peer-reviewed publications using New PubMed and Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials to identify the most commonly reported cannabis-related topics in emergency care.

Results
The six subject areas that were most frequently reported in the medical literature relevant to cannabis-related ED care were acute intoxication/overdose, pediatric exposure, cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, cannabis withdrawal, e-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury (EVALI), and synthetic cannabinoids.

Increased legal and illegal access to newer formulations of higher potency products and consumption methods have altered the management and approach to ED patient care and forced physicians to become more vigilant about recognizing and treating some new cannabis-related life-threatening conditions.

Keywords: Cannabis, Marijuana, Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, Withdrawal, EVALI, Synthetic cannabinoids.

View Quote

What? Somebody ate a little too much and started having an anxiety attack and also being too stupid to realize it's the THC and settle down before needing to go to the ER thinking they're having a heart-attack?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

What? Somebody ate a little too much and started having an anxiety attack and also being too stupid to realize it's the THC and settle down before needing to go to the ER thinking they're having a heart-attack?
View Quote

This reply reminded me of the cop who took some confiscated pot home, smoked it then called 911 because he thought he was going to die.

There may be a you-tube audio out there. If i remember correctly...he got fired.

Roy
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:49:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#15]
Originally Posted By rdsr:

This reply reminded me of the cop who took some confiscated pot home, smoked it then called 911 because he thought he was going to die.

There may be a you-tube audio out there. If i remember correctly...he got fired.

Roy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rdsr:
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Roy

Police Officer steals Marijuana.

*skip to the 18 second mark
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top