Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 6:19:23 PM EDT
So we got tired of dealing with our food saver and Anova vacuum sealer and broke down and got a LEM vac max pro.  We couldn't justify the cost of the vac master for our use but wanted a sealer with wet vacuum pump.  Now we are searching for a good source for bags.  

Currently Amazon seems the place to pick them up but surfing through to find 4 and 5 mil bags is a PIA.  

If you have a chamber sealer what's your go to source for quality bags for freezer storage?  

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a chamber vac, but these seem to be popular at smoking meat forum.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/vacuum-sealers-unlimited.286737/page-5#post-2320123
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Back when I was price checking, the two links above seemed to be the go-to's, especially if you want to avoid the Amazonians.  IIRC though, the majority of the offerings were 3 mil.  Is there a reason you are looking for 5, or just more mils = more better?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
My go to place

vacuumsealersunlimited.com
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, great info.  Noticed I was running low last night.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Back when I was price checking, the two links above seemed to be the go-to's, especially if you want to avoid the Amazonians.  IIRC though, the majority of the offerings were 3 mil.  Is there a reason you are looking for 5, or just more mils = more better?
View Quote
Sometimes a bone will pop through a 3 mil bag fairly easily, especially if not using a bone shield.  5 mil makes it less likely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top