Clown world.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m no economist (neither is he apparently), but it seems to me if the government printed all the money they ‘needed’ without ‘borrowing’ it, the money would be worthless since no value was associated with it.  Free money that you print yourself is worthless to others.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If I were king of America, a balanced budget decree would be on the day 1 short list.

That said, selling bonds to overcome budgetary shortfalls is probably less bad than simply printing dollars to make up the difference.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That can’t be fucking real.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Why do you keep saying that?

Everyime I say it, they pay me money...
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Modern Monetary Theory in a nutshell, these people are retarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_monetary_theory

According to MMT, governments do not need to worry about accumulating debt in and of itself since they create new money by using fiscal policy in order to pay interest.   MMT also argues that inflation can be addressed by increasing taxes on everyone to reduce the spending capacity of the private sector.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to MMT, governments do not need to worry about accumulating debt in and of itself since they create new money by using fiscal policy in order to pay interest.   MMT also argues that inflation can be addressed by increasing taxes on everyone to reduce the spending capacity of the private sector.

Which means Biden inflation is on purpose. They want it. They must have record high inflation.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy Bitcoin, gold, land, hold something other than fiat currency.

Michael Saylor - We Call Them Poor (Poolside House Remix) Lil Bubble
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Wahooo! Let it ride on Red 32, all of it!! Spin that wheel!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy is being asked to explain MMT (modern monetary theory). No one with a brain and understanding of economics can defend it as sound policy. I’m not saying he has a brain, just that it’s tough to defend MMT and sound credible.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#14]
 Some interesting replies to this video on X.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
This asshat, Jared Bernstein, got his bachelors degree in MUSIC, form some Manhattan music school, specifically in the double bass. Cool enough, but meaningless as far as economics goes, zero zilch nada.

Masters and PHD from everybody's favorite these days, Columbia University. A Master's and PHD in SOCIAL WELFARE. Not economics.

Starting to make sense now? This is our country's chief economic advisor.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
This is a video from The Onion, right?
Right???
Right???
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The guy is being asked to explain MMT (modern monetary theory). No one with a brain and understanding of economics can defend it as sound policy. I’m not saying he has a brain, just that it’s tough to defend MMT and sound credible.
View Quote

One difficulty is that MMT advocates are partially correct.  Governments can, and did and do benefit from providing currency.  But not enough to provide for all of the spending that MMT advocates want to see.  Their argument is to tax money away from the rich, which won't work either, so MMT is destined to result in very high inflation, which brings its own set of problems.
The really hilarious ones are not those who are advocating for MMT, but those who claim we already practice it.  Some people are divorced from reality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The whole current administration is a bunch of retards and idiots.

All of them.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#19]
What the actual fuck?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Holy fuck that guy.
View Quote

the woman too - "why borrow it if we can print it?" - are you fucking kidding me?  If there's an unlimited supply, where does its value come from?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Just come out and say it...Because it benefits people and governments in power to do what they are doing. All people in government tip toe around it unless they can clearly make something look like it benefits the peasants
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

Why even have taxes then?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Wow. Wow.

Wowwwwwwww.

Are we sure that's real and not AI generated or something?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I were king of America, a balanced budget decree would be on the day 1 short list.

That said, selling bonds to overcome budgetary shortfalls is probably less bad than simply printing dollars to make up the difference.
View Quote

If they followed the Constitution we wouldn't have budget shortfalls.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm agreeing with this. I'll do some searching and see what I can find.  Is it possible he can be that fucking ignorant?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow.  Just wow
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw that.  

Buy bitcoin
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Plants crave Brawndo
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#30]
My plan is to borrow enough money to get out of debt.  I could qualify   as a Biden advisor!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm agreeing with this. I'll do some searching and see what I can find.  Is it possible he can be that fucking ignorant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda where I’m at. If you’re that fucking stupid how do you have a job, let alone an executive cabinet position.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m no economist (neither is he apparently), but it seems to me if the government printed all the money they ‘needed’ without ‘borrowing’ it, the money would be worthless since no value was associated with it.  Free money that you print yourself is worthless to others.  

View Quote

If it allows them to achieve their policy goals by kicking the can down the road for a few years, they will do it. After that it's the next guys' problem. If the next guy is your guy, you will find a way to make the problem benefit you instead.

Might as well ask any of these MMT people "how long can you fuck your sister before it becomes a problem?" I'm sure they will have an excuse for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If it allows them to achieve their policy goals by kicking the can down the road for a few years, they will do it. After that it's the next guys' problem. If the next guy is your guy, you will find a way to make the problem benefit you instead.

Might as well ask any of these MMT people "how long can you fuck your sister before it becomes a problem?" I'm sure they will have an excuse for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if your goal is to destroy capitalism, what would you do?  Exactly what the executive branch is doing. It’s not ignorance, it’s on purpose.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm both proud of myself and scared shitless that I'm far more intelligent than 95% of people in govt.
View Quote

They understand it doesn't make sense, they don't care. The trouble for them is making it not so obvious that they don't care.

When I hear others like Janet Yellen explain what the fed is doing, I assume that she knows what she's saying is bullshit. She's spent her entire lifetime studying economic theory.

She just doesn't care, because her job is to either A) provide excuses for generating money out of nothing that we can bundle up and send to various interest groups and foreign governments, or B) provide the framework for a managed economic collapse that can be leveraged for political gain.

Maybe a bit of both A and B
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They understand it doesn't make sense, they don't care. The trouble for them is making it not so obvious that they don't care.

When I hear others like Janet Yellen explain what the fed is doing, I assume that she knows what she's saying is bullshit. She's spent her entire lifetime studying economic theory.

She just doesn't care, because her job is to either A) provide excuses for generating money out of nothing that we can bundle up and send to various interest groups and foreign governments, or B) provide the framework for a managed economic collapse that can be leveraged for political gain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm both proud of myself and scared shitless that I'm far more intelligent than 95% of people in govt.

McCarthy was right.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#38]
This can’t be real. Deep fake???  Please tell me this is fake….
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Definitely some things to notice in his wikipedia early life page.

Three degrees, none are in economics.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

McCarthy was right.
View Quote

I need a shirt for it if there isn't a good one already
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#41]
"I can't explain it, but it's not confusing."
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

he wasn't trying to defend it, he doesn't even understand it.  He had no idea how printed money got loaned back. He's incompetent..
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

he wasn't trying to defend it, he doesn't even understand it.  He had no idea how printed money got loaned back. He's incompetent..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t confuse malice with incompetence.  They hide malice behind incompetence.

They’re not dumb. Nor incompetent. Just evil.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why borrow from the Federal Reserve?  You can print your own currency. It’s called the treasury. That’s who’s supposed to be in charge of our money. The treasury should be loaning to the Federal Reserve. BUT!!!! You can’t just print money for fun like we are doing. There needs to be metrics to follow. Like actual gold and silver reserves. GDP, population growth, working class demographics, mineral and other natural resources. World wide economic conditions. Etc… The money supply needs to be able to grow with demand and growth of the working class. Why I’m not the gold bug I used to be. Gold can’t keep up with the changes in the economy. But it does need to be there in some aspect as a real store of value. To help keep stability in a currency. In my mind the real currency in a nation is its workers. Currency is just a means of exchange that the laborers can agree to exchange their labor for. Therefore the ability of the workers to create, needs a currency that can keep up with their ability to produce.
But we have it backwards thanks to Jeckyl island. My opinion. The Treasury should lend to banks who lend to people. Not the treasury borrowing from the banks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re living that last line right now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

The question was why do we borrow money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Didn't Kennedy ask that question ?  I have a Kennedy era $2.00 US Note , Not a FRN . Needs explaining  but they won't do that .
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And if your goal is to destroy capitalism, what would you do?  Exactly what the executive branch is doing. It’s not ignorance, it’s on purpose.
View Quote

And this my friends is the normalcy bias that people can’t seem to get over. They are trying to destroy it. Or to put it more bluntly, you are the carbon footprint they are trying to remove!!!??
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#50]
The Mayokas of finance.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top