Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2021 9:58:15 PM EDT
I was loud about getting this forum going so it’s time to put it to use.

Anyone near central TX want to join me while I drag my IFS rig all over the rocks at hidden falls sept 17-18?

I intend to camp and drink some beer Friday evening, and I’d love to meet some TX arfcommers in real life.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I moved down here too.  Left that other state a month or two after you did.   I’m in Bexar Co.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I moved down here too.  Left that other state a month or two after you did.   I’m in Bexar Co.
View Quote

Awesome! I'm in Abilene. Heading down to Hidden Falls in a couple hours if you'd like to join me... LOL
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been trying to get down there for some time. I’m in Dallas. Looking at a way to get my camper and rzr XP41000 there without making 2 trips. I just found this sub forum and will be checking back most often.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
that park looks cool. ive been meaning to test the off road capabilities of my honda pilot... its awd. i should be good.

All kidding aside, it looks like it would be a blast and I really wish I could join.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It was a good time. Had a few people out.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody down for a Fredericksburg or Big Bend Park later this year?  

From the looks of it they are both more Overlanding than Off-Roading routes, although Big Bend looks like it has some technical routes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody down for a Fredericksburg or Big Bend Park later this year?  

From the looks of it they are both more Overlanding than Off-Roading routes, although Big Bend looks like it has some technical routes.
View Quote

What’s in Fredericksburg? I could be compelled to go.

I checked out that new OffCamber place in Llano. It’s more of a guided period of instruction versus a true off-road park.

It was fun, but it’s more for beginners for now. This obstacle on the other hand was not for beginners.…

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
There is an Overlanding trail near Fredericksburg.  I've not been there, but from what I'm reading its mostly dirt roads/ranch farm access roads with a few water crossings.  Nothing more technical than fording a stream.

Not up there with your skills, but maybe a good way to get people out and do an easy trial run of their gear, procedures, radios... cooing equipment, coolers of beer etc.

I'll PM you the deets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top